It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi stands her ground in opposition of CHANGE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"The president of the United States, with gas at $4 a gallon because of his failed energy policies, is now trying to say that is because I couldn't drill offshore," Pelosi said in an interview. "That is not the cause, and I am not going to let him get away with it."

Her voice carries considerable weight since, as speaker, Pelosi is in a position to prevent a vote on expanded drilling from reaching the floor

Full Story Here

Honestly. Give me a break. Off-shore drilling will NOT have an immediate impact on gas prices, but thats no reason to not start drilling our own.

To give perspective to those who disagree with me:

If you buy strawberries from your neighbor, but you have a garden in the back yard - why not plant your OWN strawberries? Because they won't be ready until next year? Come on....geat real.

I have never stood in opposition of drilling at home, i've just stood in opposition that drilling at home is the answer to our problem. And i've stood in opposition that gas prices are the fault of democrats (they are 100% BUSH!) HOWEVER:

I dont care if its going to take 10 years or 30 years or 50 years, lets start now.

Pelosi has made me mad for the last time.

I say we flood her with communications up to her ears telling her that she is to represent those who elected her, and she's not doing a very good job!!

email:
[email protected]

Snail Mail:
Office of the Speaker
H-232, US Capitol
Washington, DC 20515

by phone:
(202) 225-0100

I've already sent a few emails this morning, and i printed those emails before i sent them, and will be sending them via snail mail

Im guessing, however, she'll be too busy investigating MLB steroid usage and rather or not the Patriots cheated in football.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i with you on this one andrew.

and you are right if congress would spend more time on the issues that matter we would not be in the position we are in.

our congress is too worried about the issues that are going to make them popular.

i wish they had an all steriod league. it would end all this crap and it would be quite fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Star for you, Andrew!

I sent out an e-mail right after reading your post, and will call her office later.

She wouldn't tell a high school graduate not to go to college because it would take years to see results, the same thing applys to drilling.

We have got to end our dependence on foreign oil, and at the same time find alternatives. We can do both at the same time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Look at this Andrew! I'm the third outspoken Conservative in a row here to completely agree with you!

This is the same thing Congress was saying 5 and 10 years ago. Well, if we would have done it then, we would be benefiting from drilling right now instead of being in the mess we are with fuel prices.

I'm not sure if Congress is planning on prices going down soon, or if they just hope this all goes away; but refusing to act is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

I'm sending emails and calling this morning!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The Dems Congressional 'leadership' is composed of the biggest collection of elected idiots I've ever seen and Pelosi is probably the worst of the bunch.

This latest stance they're supporting?

The Dem 'leadership' apparently thinks that the American people are stupid. Of course it won't help immediately, but everyone knows that. Everyone also knows that the longer we sit on our collective butts and do nothing, the worse off we'll be in the future when it might have an impact.

The media could ask her one question that would completely destroy her position: Would we have been better off TODAY if we had expanded offshore drilling 10 years ago? Not surprisingly, they don't do that. Nor do they bother pointing out that our oil supplies are going to be even tighter 10 years down the road than they are today.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Exactly.

Normally I don't like to name call and talk down about people, but Pelosi is the biggest idiot I've ever seen in my life.

Her arrogance and elitism is dumbfounding. You can tell when you hear her talk about anything that she believes the whole of American citizens to be morons who will believe anything she says.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Polticians like Pelosi don't get where they are without be in on it. She's nothing more than a boxer who's paid to take a dive. "Democrat" and "Republican" are just labels for politicians. Her job is to keep us divided. She sold her soul when she sold out.

Everything that goes around comes around. If I was her I'd fear the next life, and that goes for most of those scumbags.

Peace

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
your completly missing it here.The reason she's doing this is to make it look like thier are two partys.She is a far left democrat.Bush is a neocon republican.
Don't you find it a bit unlikely that if a two party system really exhisted she would block impeachment?Don't you find it a bit amazing that instead of opposing the fisa bill she rammed it through the house for Bush?
This is just Nancy doing her song and dance act for the american sheep.Send all the e-mail or snail mail you please her aides will just trash it.She may have been elected by the people but she represents the corporations just like Bush,Cheney,Obama,or McCain.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I used to admire Nancy Pelosi, but anymore she turns my stomach because she's such a sellout.

new topics

top topics

join