It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe this is the "Big Fix" and not " The End".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Has anyone considered this?

Cause…Higher gas prices
Effect…People parking gas guzzling SUV’s. Now people exercising more by walking, jogging or bicycling to work. Less pollution on a daily basis and less traffic fatalities.

Cause…Higher oil prices.
Effect…Drilling offshore and in the arctic to help end foreign oil dependence in the future, finally gets through Congress.

Cause…A weaker dollar
Effect…More US goods and services being used/bought in foreign countries. Illegal aliens leaving this country.

Cause…Higher prices for goods and services (Food, booze, household items, etc.)
Effect…People are learning again not to be foolish with their monies. People are relearning how to grow their own food and hunt again. (According to reports)

People are exercising more than ever. The car is parked.

Yes, I know there are plenty of negatives for everything written here, I’m just trying to think outside of the box.

Maybe it was just time for a drastic move by the government to reshape the country and start it healing. A move such as this is painful in the beginning, hence our suffering. I equate it with a lifestyle change. But all things get easier in time .

[edit on 17-7-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

I never thought about that.

It could very well be, and I like that the effects seem better than everyone likes to think about. You need to share that with more people because we shouldn't have to wait until our economy could hit crash bottom before we do something about it. We should always know what to do, when to do it, and how we can get it done. Etc: Growing our own food, hunting our own meals, growing independent on walking and not using cars [For the handicap, have somebody help them from place to place.], knowing how to use weapons [but in a protective and secure manner], not depending on money to get us everything, and we should had been drilling outside of Alaska years ago!

Hmph.

good thread

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
How about :

Cause : No food from imports, due to weak dollar and price of oil

Effect : Not enough food. Food riots, hunger, starvation. People too weak to walk (exercise).

Cause : Food riots, looting

Effect : Martial law, shooting of protesters and political opposants in the name of national security.

Yep can't wait....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Like most things in life I'm sure there are going to be some good effects and some bad, but it's nice to see someone thinking of some of the good things that could happen and not focusing on the bad all the time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A teacher of mine who taught a course called 'Change Management' always emphasized that, if you want people to change, you will first need a crisis (or create one!) in order to succeed...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Hey Ismail,

Yeah, I know that there are unimaginable events that could happen because of all of this.

I mentioned the lighter, hopeful side and you show the darker, more hopeless side.

Time will tell.

Good reply.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

i like your way of viewing it much better honestly
. i have not filled up my tank since school let out in may. i have gone places, but only when i needed to. otherwise, my sons and i find alternate activities that have been just as fun if not more productive than the typical summer activities. if gas had stayed the same price, we may not have learned that you don't need to go to disney world just to have a great time!! (not advocating higher gas prices, just looking at the positive side to it all). riots will happen when ppl are no longer willing to look for personal solutions that involve being less spoiled and more positive w/ what they have.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Another sign that the economy might be righting itself is that the DJIA was up about 400 pts. in the last 2 days.

Bush says...drill! and....pow...the Dow surges.

Oil drops $12.00 a bbl.

Proves that the oil jump thing is all on the backs of the commodities futures traders, not the government.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nah you're right. There is positive stuff to come from this. But it comes after the crap, I think. Thanks for your point of view, which reminded me that I am an optimist. In essence.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hope this isn't against ATS policy, but I would definitely recommend to everyone here the Foxfire series of books. It's a distillation of folk wisdom learned at the feet of old-timers who knew how to live off of the land.

new topics

top topics

join