It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Alien Structures on Eros And Miranda! Whodunit?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Talking of strange structures on Moons, here's one on our Moon taken by Apollo 15. Check it out toward the left of the image. What the.....?

AS15-91-12403.
Courtesy: NASA, and Keith Laney for finding it.

Now Mikey... you need a vacation dragging that old thing back in...

But you KNOW you just provide ABSOLUTE PROOF with THAT IMAGE that NASA is editing photos..

How do I know this? Because the Artifact is in COLOR and the Moon is black and white and we akready proved that the Moon is NOT black and white...

Unless of course you or Keith added the color to enhance it... but if that is direct from NASA you have the still glowing phaser cannon of proof of photo manipulation

:

This is what NASA wants you to think the Moon Looks like... from JSC...

This is what NASA has from Galileo... the only color image I have ever seen from NASA... and this is the best resolution available on the web... and it cost you several million dollars

This is what the moon REALLY looks like and it was taken by a starving astronomer on Earth with a 10 inch scope... and it won't cost you a dime... unless you like it enough to send him a buck or two to help buy new equipment (Pegasus sent him a 195.00 filter to block out the city lights of London... but this image was BEFORE the filter)

DL WARNING This is the 80% version and is about 30megs

A smaller slightly brightened version is here

Originally posted by undo
I made you a happy version of your avatar because i noticed your Mood was Dark.

Hehe try the "Grim Reaper Look"

I like the one for after looking at hundreds of moon and mars pictures lool... after answering that question just one time to many... that unmistakable look of "If I have to do this just one more time I will lose my cool" look

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zorgon

Reply to mikesingh

But you KNOW you just provide ABSOLUTE PROOF with THAT IMAGE that NASA is editing photos..

How do I know this? Because the Artifact is in COLOR and the Moon is black and white and we already proved that the Moon is NOT black and white...

Unless of course you or Keith added the color to enhance it.

Nope! We didn't enhance it or add any colors. It's direct from the Apollo 15 album! And yes, it's clear as day that NASA is fudging colors and making the Moon a drab gray and Mars a dull red! So what's new???!

And.....

Originally posted by ArMaP
Not dark enough, I like (girls with) dark hair.

OK, so how 'bout this?

You both now look like made for each other!!!

Cheers!

[edit on 20-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Hi ziggy! You brought out an interesting point. But if it was a boom from the Apollo 15, then it would have been connected to the craft, which it clearly is not as you can see in the images below:

Embossed....

With Edges of the structure, highlighted...

It seems to be independent of the Apollo craft and therefore an autonomous structure.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hi Mikesingh ,

so you ' re coming to Paris ? Only Paris ? If you can fly to La Baule , West France - a lovely and very nice little town on Atlantic - I would be be very happy to help you discover Frenche " cuisine " , and even can have you and your wife for a while at home !

Please tell me your intentions so to organize somethings !

Best regards

Guérande

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by guerande

Thanx a million guerande! I would have loved to have met up with you, but as the schedule goes, it's ---- Paris - catch the connecting flt from CDG to Nice - drive down to my uncle's place on the French Riviera - drive down to Monaco - then Venice - back to Paris by the TGV and finally head home after spending a couple of days at Paris. A tight schedule but I gotta get back to work to feed the family, what?!!

But let's see if I can fit in a diversion!

Thanks once again!

[edit on 20-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It ' s up to you my friend ; home ' s wide open !!! And the area is quite nice , better , I think , that Riviera

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

How do I know this? Because the Artifact is in COLOR and the Moon is black and white and we akready proved that the Moon is NOT black and white...
That is not absolute proof, the colours may look different in different photos, without any editing.

While the photo you show in your first link (this photo) shows the Moon as grayscale (isn't this the photo that another ATS member noticed had a little of the original colour image on the right side?), if you convert the image posted by Mikesingh to grayscale you will see the difference.

Unless of course you or Keith added the color to enhance it...
That photo was not altered by Mikesingh or Keith Laney, but the photo on Keith Laney's site was.

The "original" Keith Laney version can be seen here.

This is what NASA has from Galileo... the only color image I have ever seen from NASA... and this is the best resolution available on the web... and it cost you several million dollars

You forgot to mention that this photo has more colours than those we see, as the camera also "sees" infrared, the colours are not as we see them.

This picture contains images through the Violet, 756 nm, 968 nm filters. The color is 'enhanced' in the sense that the CCD camera is sensitive to near infrared wavelengths of light beyond human vision.
Source

A smaller slightly brightened version is here
Just "slightly" brightened?

This is the original, highly reduced in size but with no changes in colour or brightness.

This is your "slightly brightened" version.

It looks like it was more than a slight adjustment, but that is just my subjective opinion.

As an aside, if you are not saving the file again, you do not gain a thing by converting a JPG image into a PNG, it just turned a 6,4 MB file into a 15,0 MB file. But if you want to re-save the JPG then having a lossless "original" is better.

Hehe try the "Grim Reaper Look"

Nah, it looks too much like one of those intellectual types of the 60s.

I like the one for after looking at hundreds of moon and mars pictures lool... after answering that question just one time to many... that unmistakable look of "If I have to do this just one more time I will lose my cool" look

That is more close to the truth. And with a Rammstein t-shirt, that's even better.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The problem with the Emboss and Edge Enhance filters is that they use the colour information to work, so if two things have the same colour, even not being the same, are treated as one thing.

The version available on The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth is better, and it shows better the object, including the light reflecting on its surface.

This is a much reduced version of the original 4400x4600 image.

PS: at the time of posting, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth site is not working.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for posting the HI-RES image, ArMaP, I have been trying forever to get access to The Gateway to Astronaut Photography, with no luck... I still think the image shows the EVA floodlight.

And by the way... I am sorry to blow your cover, my friend, but I happen to know that behind that dark avatar of yours there is a heart of gold!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
that second photo is amazing! nice find.
wow.
i realize that 45 and 90 degree angles exist in nature but this definitely wreaks of structure. great find! (what's up with all the hate?) mike is a significant contributor here at ats, and posts some very engaging materials.

thanks mike.

I quite agree... although I may not always agree with MIke, I do find his posts very interesting! One of the many reasons I love ATS so much! Keep up the great work Mike!!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Referring back to the very first post and the "little" white structure. That is the second time I have seen that particular structure.
In the Clementine lunar image of the large square structure (seen from above), out in front it has a smaller stucture almost exactly like the Eros version consisting of a square with a proboscis coming out the front.
I dont have the Clementine image to hand, as I am at work, but I'm sure you guys will already be aware of the image I'm talking about.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nice find. Stared and flagged. As always your post never
Disappoints will have a look at the link later.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Is it just me or is there a similarity between this, on Eros...

and the Clementine image, on the moon?

Looks like the same object to me.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by General_Salazar]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
it looks like the giant ufo from isreal. the one with the face and hallways.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by General_Salazar

I don't think it's the same object, and one of the reasons is that I don't think that the one on that image is a real object.

If I am correct in my interpretation of it, all those blocks that are only visible on the Clementine Image Browser version 1.5 (they do not exist in the Clementine Lunar Map 2.0 (Beta) or in the idividual photos) are just the result of bad programing, they are not real, they are created by the Image Browser software when it tries to show an image for which it does not have data available.

PS: I know that many people must be as tired of my explanation as I am of reposting it, and in this case my avatar should look more like this
:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel
Fred Idylle evoked the Eros artifact on his website in 2001 :

Artivision

Edit :

... as well as the Miranda's, - and others too.

Next Mike's posts ?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Rigel]

Holy crap, did Mike plagiarize someone's work? tsk, tsk! mikey shame shame...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh now I LIKE that one.... very Medieval looking with that axe... I think I will use that as your avatar on Pegasus... because being the only skeptic there you would look like that all the time

As to the .png... the 80% unbrightened on is a reduction from the 115 meg original .tiff that is licensed for printing Posters... it was a remastered mosaic version from his original photos...

The full size one is quite awesome... I can print a 10 story image from that file

As to the NASA Galileo pic... yes it may include IR data... but the point is that it is really the ONLY color image offered by NASA and so far as I have found (not counting the Color Clementine images...) its the only one available of any decent size...

Now just calm down... we don't want any blood stains on that nice white t-shirt

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

That was why I asked about the colouring, but Mikesingh said...

Or is it usually the other way around?
I never forget to acknowledge any site or person I refer. That coloring is mine. Why? Does it look too garish?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
And ArMap...

You are the ONLY person I know who could look at the best darn photo of the moon EVER and argue color and format

hehe at least you consistent

When I get them printed I will send you one...

[edit on 21-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks.

Yes, I am consistent, but I have no problem in changing my mind if I find I was wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join