It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Alien Structures on Eros And Miranda! Whodunit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

What happened in the past that we have no record or memory of... just remnants of old ruins or current rest spots for our intergalactic brethren to make a pit stop. A disaster, intergalactic wars???... the Terra Papers keep coming to mind as these new discoveries are reported. There are some excellent anomalies in the new Jaxa HD moon images as well. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome Find! Am interested in what else you have found... I too study anomalies and am putting together a DVD for hopeful release next spring.. a sort of Zeitgeist of paradigm busting anomalies. AurionMission would be interested in this find. Again, Nice work!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaifan
If the image is rotated kind of looses the structure feel, but not that much, it happens the most in the images below the original, you can see that here:

Look at the shadow it makes. You have two parts of this anomoly: the 'main" part, and then a part that looks more like an "atrium" or entryway.

the shadows are both different in every way. First, look at the shape. the "atrium" part has a flat top (to match its rectilinear profile). But, even more, the shadow is not as dark. Like it is an awning, or "patio" of some sort. the back part is curved, to some degree. It almost looks like part of that building in Sydney (i know we have a ton of aussies here...perhaps you can provide a name for that building).

ArMap, you are a god compared to me with graphics. Think you might be able to work up a 3-d rendering of the object based on the shadow and a best guess estimate?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
There is a belief that many of the moons/asteroi
Notice the domed objects over the surface having distinct
shadows underneath giving the impression of structures made
above surface level.
Domes? Are you sure those are domes? Aren't those things craters?
As you can see there are some higher features seen in the distance, but those that you pointed in your post look just like craters.

Now check out the shiny rectangular structure in the middle of the three formations in the image below:

It is 16 km in height and about 4 km in width!! Can this geometric structure be a natural formation? Or is it something else? Shades of Arthur C Clarke's Monolith, what? But this one is gigantic!!
Height or depth? That is something like a canyon, and I do not see any "geometric structure" on the this image, just the walls of the "canyon".

PS: the images above came from here and were reduced to fit ATS rules and had the light levels changed.

PPS: who did the colouring, you? Or did you forgot to thank another site?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Unfortunately, the only 3D program I have (Blender, it's free
) is a bit strange when compared to those that I have used before, so I am still trying to find how it works.

But one thing I can say for sure, without knowing the angle between the ground and horizontal it is not possible to know the height of the object casting the shadow, that shadow projected on a flat horizontal ground would come from a very different object from one who would cast that shadow on a rising slope with increased steepness, like the side of a crater.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
great find!
specially that french site you guys posted on the first page, i love having access to those pictures!

I'm sure that among the thousands of pictures available to the public, some real structures can be found, the question is, if we are spoon fed information, who or why did they let some of the most meaningful pictures loose on the internet?

could it be some disgruntled second in command trying to mess with its masters?

I'm not so sure, i believe those pictures are given to the public to test our reactions...
as some of you have said, it takes lots of time and effort to find real meaningful stuff on the thousands of prints available, i don't believe in coincidence...
keep it up!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks Mike! I have nothing to add at this moment, just wanted to applaud your efforts in bringing us these anomolies

Our next mission to the Moon is... around 2018-2020? Darn... that's a long time to wait. We need some verification

[edit on 17-7-2008 by astronomine]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
mikesingh. Nice.. now you will be confirming my suspicions. Everywhere you look . . . IT will be there. Even here at home. Way down deep. They said it was too hot, ot too cold or too anoxic or too toxic, too acidic and yet.... IT is there. AAAAaaaaHHHHhhh!
Thanks!
Again, I really want to hear an anthropologist-engineer-architect VP on some of these structure-like anomalies.
And what about people who examine terrestrial photos? Somebody's got to have the background and experience to give a very educated guess.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Once again you come up with the goods!

If I may, what might I be able to compare mag. 8.5 to?
Something in the naked eye realm? For example, the Moon is ...?
And Mars is ...? The ISS?
Almost forgot S&F kudos.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Excelent thread! star and flag.

The picture of the object on Eros looks like the overhead view of an extremely large excavator. kind of like a back ho or something.... to my eyes anyway. I definatley am looking forward to reading what some other more experienced members have to say about the pics, but i'm afraid i can't offer anything more than my opinions.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
thats the spaceship rock, 14 to 26 miles long and about 4 miles wide, it will be coming near planet earth in the next 100 years as the gravital force weakness starts to break the ships weight.

this ship has many structures which are shaped like a box, this is done so the suns radio active partical reflect from it and warm up the ship, by doing this the ship loses its gravity to its mother planet, thats why it will be breaking soon and heading towards our planet

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
you need to look for abnormalities on the north and south poles of the moons. wont tell you why. just something i have been looking for some time now... for example Saturn has a hexagon at north pole and a hurricane at the south.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PPS: who did the colouring, you? Or did you forgot to thank another site?

Or is it usually the other way around?
I never forget to acknowledge any site or person I refer. That coloring is mine. Why? Does it look too garish?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Anything for a good cause, what?

Cheers!

Mike!

just tell springer to call the french Embassy and offer them and few hundred thousand points. They've gotta be worth more to the French than the dollar thats for sure!

Bon Voyage Mon Ami!

Ahhh Gay Paris! one suggestion... Go on top of the Arch De Triumphe. Sounds boring, and its a painful dredge (a few hundred steps, but if I remember correctly on a very hard spiral) but once atop you can almost see the entire city.

***a bit of romantic advice. Try and get yourself and your wife up there at sunset. No matter the age... A make out session is sure to ensue. The only more memorable sites are from the top of the Eiffel tower, and the view from Sacre Cour (the Sacred Heart). Eiffel tower makes everything too small to enjoy, but it's neat... Sacre Cour is also a very romantic sunset view...***

Enjoy your trip... LUCKY...

wait. can I hide in your luggage?

Coven

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Once again you come up with the goods!

If I may, what might I be able to compare mag. 8.5 to?
Something in the naked eye realm? For example, the Moon is ...?
And Mars is ...? The ISS?

The degree of brightness of a celestial body is designated on a numerical scale, on which the brightest star has magnitude -1.4 and the faintest visible star has magnitude 6, with the scale rule such that a decrease of one unit represents an increase in apparent brightness by a factor of 2.512.

That means, the BRIGHTER an object the SMALLER the magnitude. In other words, a first magnitude object is 100 times brighter than an object of sixth magnitude. Some extremely bright objects like the Sun, the Moon etc, have negative magnitudes.

The Sun has a magnitude of -26.72, the Moon's magnitude is -12.6, Mars has its maximum magnitude of -2.9. As a rough guess, the ISS might reach magnitude -3 at its best, which is much brighter than Sirius, the brightest star in the sky at magnitude -1.4.

But this is APPARENT (or visual) magnitude. Another type is ABSOLUTE MAGNITUDE. For further info and calculations, go here.. www.1728.com...

Hope this is useful!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by coven

Thanks a million, coven!
But heck, man, I don't need them points. I NEED THEM EUROS!!
And pronto!
Where's Herr Springer???

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Interesting picture of Eros. It definitely looks like a structure that is not naturally formed. Can you post a link to the NASA web site where you obtained the original picture? I would like to see it from the original source and check to see if they have pictures of the same location from a different angle.

Why is it you people always think NASA has all the answers? There are indeed a few more images but none show the object... I have presented this one in several threads...

It is from the NEAR project and the ship that took this image crashed into Eros... so this is the ONLY image showing the anomaly

May 03 2000
near.jhuapl.edu...

(Image 0132577092)

Built and managed by The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, Maryland, NEAR-Shoemaker was the first spacecraft launched in NASA's Discovery Program of low-cost, small-scale planetary missions.

These "Discovery" missions number in the hundreds but many rarely make the news... Cheap spacecraft that anyone can use
Well almost anyone

So no you cannot look at other views...

but here is the last second before impact...

And it was first posted on ATS by spacevisitor... on April 29, 2007 at 10:38 GMT www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry Mike but credit where due N'est Pas?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Sorry Mike but credit where due N'est Pas?

I never claimed that I was the discoverer of that anomaly, did I?
And I ain't in competition with anyone! By the way, I first saw this on Rense with a link to the NASA web page sometime in early 07! (I don't remember the GMT, though!)

Anyway here are some square craters on Eros! Square? But of course NASA scientists conjecture that Eros had some fractures (known as structural features) at its surface that were present before the impact events that formed the craters. Some explanation that!!

Cheers!

near.jhuapl.edu...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That object on EROS is awesome ! DOn't know what it is at all. As for Miranda, ide find it hard to belive, advnaced life would have lived out thier. MY favorite planet is URanus,. and have done enough research and studying of it. The highlighted areas on Miranda, are probably just icy crater. The Voyager 2 spacecraft, remember, ite totalpower is about equivelant, as a digital watch...so think abouts it cameras as well.
The temperature surrounding URanus and MIranda, is well over minus 300 degress F. Ice is literally like rock, at hose firgid temperature.
The features on mIranda, the L shaped thing, is called the CHevron. The feature that looks like it was raked, to the south, is called Circus Maximus, or also caled The flapjack.
The theory of MIranda is, Way back in uranus's hisory, its rings and moon system was like the other planets. Remember, Uranus, orbits at a 97 degree angle, its on its side. SOmeitng hit URanus, tipping it on its side...this would explain its magnetic field, which is totaly off balance with its poles. The moons smashed into eachother, incldin Miranda, and over time, gravity collected what was left of Miranda, and other moons, and formed this New satellite. That would explain those weird features on its surface/

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike,
Another touchdown in my book..mentioning Rense ought to get some inflamed...Guess Nasa needs to crank up another spacecraft and specifically check this out. I won't hold my breath on that.

BP

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
that first pic has been in the john lear thread for a long time but those next ones are new to me! amazing stuff, mike! i see all kinds of anomalies.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join