It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Woman Physically Inferior to Men?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Women do excel in mud wrestling. Amen.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
Well, look up the world records for all the world sports that allow males and females to participate, such a swimming,track&field,ect. The answer is plain as day for anyone who pays attention to the olympics. It's also why most sports are segregated, it would be massively unfair to pit men against women in a physical contest.

i agree with you. on a whole, women are not as strong. (with natural development, no wieghts etc etc)

there are exceptions of course, some guys being weak or women being really strong, but as a whole i think women are less strong than men

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I both men and women were allowed to carry guns, they would both be equal.

Everyone everywhere wouls have equal killing capacity (except for the variating calibres and rates of fire), just like in Switzerland.

Just like Sam Colt Said.

Being Stronger, Men would be able to carry more ammunition. Women would be a smaller target, but would probably cry and run away once the shooting started, giving the men yet another advantage.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I think Michigan has the longest coastline of the 48 states, so there should be some water near you.
In Florida you can look at kayaking event calenders and find some sort of kayak race, every weekend of the year.
I got to where I thought I was an OK kayaker and decided to enter one that was close to me.
I looked at all the women standing around, waiting for the race to start.
I was thinking, At least I will not come in last, considering most of these women look small and skinny.
Every one of them beat me and not towards the end.
Right from the horn blowing, they shot out in front of me and I never caught up.
That gave me a real attitude adjustment.
I had to console myself with the idea that these were ringers, who race every week.
My advice to any guy who thinks they are superior, is to rent or borrow or buy a kayak and enter a race.
Nice way to get some instant humiliation.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This really is kind of a dumb post. Why on earth would any woman worry about being physically inferior or superior to a man ..when most of them can get a man to do the hard physical difficultys for them or failing that hire a bunch of men for their physical attributes??
I say this particularly in affluent western social structures.

No matter how strong a female is or isnt...socially in western structures women are not groomed to do alot of physical difficultys/labors for a man...so the question comes across as moot and useless.
There are entirely different social values and thinking taking place here.

Kacou is correct here

It is maybe the social aspect of our world that divides them.

In my view it is a social thing not a physical one.

ComMi27

(Except when their abusive.. Then I think at that time Mother Nature was a - i'll stop right there. )

Women are quite capable of being abusive...very very abusive. Just because a woman does not do so in the manner of a male does not mean she is not just as abusive. Most males I know are very very ignorant of how a woman can abuse horribly in her subtilty. Alot of this depends on a mans natural ignorance and there are alot of ignorant males out here.

I gotta go along with Agent T on this

Women live longer than men..that's not inferior is it?

Kinda hard to misread the numbers on this. Makes me wonder what so many males can possibly be thinking.

hsur2113 this is a typical proudful female response to such a question and the kind of response to baiting of which the moderator Seagull was mentioning. Your post also confirms Kacou's point about social aspects being the contolling factor.

you posted..

Well, I hate to put a dent in all this testosterone, but maybe the men should visit the Cesarean Section vs. Natural Childbirth thread and then ask yourselves if women are physically inferior to men.

this is apples and oranges on this topic and not worthy of the time you put into it. It is however predictable.

I gather that with these important and outstanding childbirth physical abilities and strengths that you and other women will be taking on huge burdens for the males out here..gratis... to make their lives better and more comfortable at the expense of your physical RISK??

Risk and the willingness to take physical RISK is what seperates the women from the girls and men from the boys very quickly. Not necessarily physical strength. It seperates the women from the men quickly too. This is also why so many men perish at younger ages than women. This is also why the point of the OP here is kinda dumb and moot.

Perishing at a younger age than women ..is to me ..not superior.

Childbirth is apples and oranges. But it is the best some people can do and think it will default through unchallanged.

From Mad Hatter,

I agree with philjwolf. Although women are not phsyically inferior to men in everything, I sure would like to see a WNFL draft.

I never watch sports with the exception of a fishing program. I am not intrested in a bunch of guys or even women beating each other up on a playing field or a boxing ring. Nor am I intrested in the advertising arena accompanying these types of programs. Beer and automobile commercials are not the epitome of life to me.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If I had to guess, I would guess you're a male. And if I had to guess even more, I'd say you were beaten at something recently by a girl/woman....

And just what does, "not a bi or gay" mean, so you're saying that bisexual women and gay women can kick some man butt? LOL....

Men just physically have more muscle mass then women do, it's a fact. With that said, I bet I can do tons of things most men can't do, or do it better then they can

Put your mom or wife on here, let me question them, we'll get the REAL scooop about what you CAN or can't do better then women

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The title of your OP seems to be a trifle baiting, as though you are perhaps looking for intemperate replies from the women members herein.

Careful what you wish for...

There seems to be an alarming trend of these kinds of threads lately.
I'm not biting the hook on this one.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

That's because your a woman, you ain't got the balls.

Just kidding haha

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
Are Woman made Physically Inferior to Men? or is that what media and entertainment shows them to be...

Your thoughts? Especially if there there are any on ATS? - thats not bi or lesbian.

What does sexual orientation have to do with women's physical inferiority to men?

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that men are by nature physically stronger than women. They're better workers and athletes. Of course, women are a lot nicer to look at (even most women can admire the female form), they tend to live a little longer and with a little help they can grow new people in their bodies (although I'm sure glad we men aren't stuck with that burden). Men can more easily defend themselves. Women can more easily sell themselves.

There's a lot of different things to consider here and I don't think you can necessarily state that one sex is overall physically inferior or superior to the other. It all depends on what you value. I know I sure as hell am glad I'm a man and not a woman, but there are arguments to be made for both sides.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

That's because your a woman, you ain't got the balls.

Just kidding haha

Don't even get me started..it could get nasty. I don't need balls to be a biotch.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by W35M4N
I don't see women as inferior in any way, just look at the Canadian Men's and Women's Olympic Hockey teams...

That doesn't make any sense. Sure, the women's team is the best women's team in the world, but the men would beat them by 30 goals and maybe leave a few of them paralyzed. Hell, I bet the Japanese men's team could take the Canadian women.

And I forgot to add in my earlier post that men are definitely mentally superior to women. We aren't handicapped by emotions and biological clocks and all that nonsense. I wouldn't say men are necessarily going to be smarter than women, but the way society is set up, it's easier for us to take advantage of our opportunities to learn and less acceptable for us to be idiots. All a women needs is a pretty face and a decent body and she can use her looks as a crutch. That may be nice for a while, but not so much when she's a fat moron with a bunch of kids, no husband, no degree and no marketable skills.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wow, just wow!!!

Don't think I've ever seen such proxy bigotry on ATS since I errr, 'joined' in 2004.
You know how the saying goes? 'Humanity has not progressed since the ancient times. The only thing that has is technology.'

100% true. Thousands of people are either starving, dieing of disease or being slaughtered, because of ignorance & bigotry. And what do you do? Join a 'Deny Ignorance' website and argue that Women are inferior or Men are a disease. Congratulations for making the world a better place.

[edit on 19/7/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

Originally posted by W35M4N
I don't see women as inferior in any way, just look at the Canadian Men's and Women's Olympic Hockey teams...

That doesn't make any sense. Sure, the women's team is the best women's team in the world, but the men would beat them by 30 goals and maybe leave a few of them paralyzed. Hell, I bet the Japanese men's team could take the Canadian women.

And I forgot to add in my earlier post that men are definitely mentally superior to women. We aren't handicapped by emotions and biological clocks and all that nonsense. I wouldn't say men are necessarily going to be smarter than women, but the way society is set up, it's easier for us to take advantage of our opportunities to learn and less acceptable for us to be idiots. All a women needs is a pretty face and a decent body and she can use her looks as a crutch. That may be nice for a while, but not so much when she's a fat moron with a bunch of kids, no husband, no degree and no marketable skills.

OH SO MANY things I could say here. But I'll settle for this.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
when I was growing up, there was this women that we all called "Amazon" she was huge, and appeared to be rather strong...
I kind of think this lady could have whipped the tar out of most men!

Personally, I'd like to see the men dress up in all those old victorian style clothing that they used to wear and go a day trying to do their usual routine, that would be rather interesting.
and, well.....I have to say, centuries upon centuries of society's restrictions (much like how that old victorian dress restricted women's abilities)....well, it could have possibly had an effect on the genetics (ya know, use it or lose it)...and this is why women are no longer built to be so physical..
but like I said...2+3 still equals 4+1....it's not greater than or less than.....just different!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They're not built to be physically strong because the biological role for women has been child rearing. Only in very recent times has it been normal for a woman to only produce one or two children in her lifetime. In the past, she may be expected to pop one out every year (most of which would not survive childhood) and there was a pretty good chance she'd die giving birth. That sort of lifestyle is not conducive to growing muscle mass and whatnot.

Meanwhile, men had to provide food, shelter and protection.

These days, now that we've developed complex societies with all the convenience and technological advancement required to allow for career women and leisure time, all of the genetic stuff is obsolete. That's why people like this can exist:

www.news.com.au...#

10-year-old female bodybuilder. Sexy!

You're welcome, Internet.

P.S. - Some of you have opined that you believe certain women could beat men up in a fight. Well, I can only speak from years of personal experience, but I've never lost to a girl. I've beaten up some pretty tough chicks, too. However, I have seen some men (who undoubtedly believe less in equality of the sexes than I) allow a female attacker to win or draw, simply because they were afraid to pull out all the stops against a girl.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by EverythingYouDespise]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise
I've beaten up some pretty tough chicks, too.

How wonderfully..........macho.........

So there you are, this "genetically" and "mentally" superior creature, and you get your jollies out of beating up women and gloating about it?

Seems like your evolution isn't quite complete to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

So beating up women is OK for you, and you think a ten year old CHILD is sexy?

A whole new level of low.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by EverythingYouDespise

So beating up women is OK for you, and you think a ten year old CHILD is sexy?

A whole new level of low.

AD Seriously the more I read his posts the more shocked I am lol, I just can't believe he is for real!

Did you see what he said about not helping people who get killed or raped in front of him, he would do nothing because phoning the police or trying to stop it would not gain him anything. And his reasoning is, if he was a criminal he wouldnt want people phoning the police on him, so he "feels" for these criminals who rape and kill?

Seriously is he for real!?

Edit: but if a woman is trying to beat a man up and she can hurt him, then ofcourse he has the right to protect himself. Just because she is a woman it wont stop her from killing him.

[edit on 19-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I really don't know how much I want to speculate that.I believe there are PROFESSIONALS who analyze that sort of thing.
But he chose a perfect user name.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
4+1 and 3+2

Excellent way to think about it, we are different but we are still all human.

To be honest, I'm like AD not going to bite the bait, but I tell you what I don't know where you come from matey. But around here where I live, girls are as mean and dangerous as the guys.

Yes the guys are "physically" stronger, of course they are it's basic genetics. But inferior is not the right word to use.

Just to put things into perspective, Asala she is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but I guarantee she could put you on your arse before you could say "eejit".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join