It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Woman Physically Inferior to Men?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Are Woman made Physically Inferior to Men? or is that what media and entertainment shows them to be...

Your thoughts? Especially if there there are any on ATS? - thats not bi or lesbian.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Ill believe that woman are just as strong as men.. as soon as the NFL starts drafting em..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Both man and woman have the same physical status.
It is maybe the social aspect of our world that divides them. This is why woman in general mature faster then man. And man lingers to be cherished by woman.
In my view it is a social thing not a physical one.
Kacou.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
is 2+3 inferior to 4+1?
we might be a little different, but well, we still equal the same thing......human.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
On average, men have stronger upper bodies, but that is an average, and it doesn't mean women are inferior, so if that is what people think then that's odd, I don't see women as inferior in any way, just look at the Canadian Men's and Women's Olympic Hockey teams...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well, look up the world records for all the world sports that allow males and females to participate, such a swimming,track&field,ect. The answer is plain as day for anyone who pays attention to the olympics. It's also why most sports are segregated, it would be massively unfair to pit men against women in a physical contest.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
um, yes, all things being equal. same height and physical fitness then yes. testosterone makes your muscles bigger and stronger, the more testosterone you have, the bigger and stronger you are.

why?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What is it with that word, 'Inferior.'

All I think is that Men created the word to try and give women the impression that they were stronger. Inferior my butt. I've seen some pretty tough women out there, but...
physically wise men have more muscle in their upper arms and throughout their body. I think their called stints or something, (no not the surger one
) and it gives them an advantage.

Mother natures way to leaving the men doing the protecting.
(Except when their abusive.. Then I think at that time Mother Nature was a - i'll stop right there. )

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ConMi27]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Since I am a straight man, men are physically inferior to woman to me

but I agree that most women (and there isn't any at my work) will have trouble to pick up a 100 pound box.

So it is only about physical strength but hey, women can give birth and we men can't.

isn't it a blessing?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Inferior? Hardly. Different? Yes.

...and your point is?

The title of your OP seems to be a trifle baiting, as though you are perhaps looking for intemperate replies from the women members herein.

Careful what you wish for...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Physically speaking, on average men are stronger than women, but then women can do things men cannot..

Women shouldn't take it as a slight against them for merely pointing out an evolutionary certainty. Men went out and hunted, thus the stronger would prevail. Women tended not to hunt, so there wasn't an evolutionary necessity to be strong. The same can be seen across the animal world, for the most part anyway, especially mammals.

However, being stronger does not make you superior. Something certain people and countries need to realise.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well if you're talking 'physically'..

Women live longer than men..that's not inferior is it?
Although this may be misleading,eg if you're married..Guys may CHOOSE to die sooner..

One female advantage can be brought to mind immediately.. regarding toilet habits and zipping up trousers without taking the required precautions

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If you go google puberty, and read the muscle and skeletal growth of a male and female you will see that males generally have a much higher muscle to fat ratio compared to females. Males also have higher testosterone then females which gives them an advantage. This doesn't mean females can't be stronger or faster, they just may have a harder time achieving it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
as a woman, i would much rather have a man defending me should my life be in danger from an attacker than another woman. just is what it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I agree with philjwolf. Although women are not phsyically inferior to men in everything, I sure would like to see a WNFL draft.

No offense to the women out there because you are all beautiful and great, but you simply cannot pit a woman against a man in a physical contact sport such as Boxing, Amer. Football, UFC, etc.

So when it comes to physical contact sports, yes, most women would be considered inferior.

However, I'm sure there are many things that women could consider men inferior at...such as childbirth.
Okay, okay, all joking aside, women have their strong points and so do men.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I hate to put a dent in all this testosterone, but maybe the men should visit the Cesarean Section vs. Natural Childbirth thread and then ask yourselves if women are physically inferior to men.

Rush

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well I think women and men are different.

Men would be able to beat women in most physically active sports.

But if you've ever gotten into an argument with a woman you know your going to lose in the end.(dont you just hate it when that happens)

Women just somehow no matter what you say when in an argument they will come back with something you forgot about or that isnt relevant and end up destorying you with that, even when you know the've done similar but just cant but when you say that they'll tell you give me an example and of course you forgot and that means that it didnt happen and your just making stuff up.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by 5ealchris]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Depends what you mean by this question?

Of course men are stronger than women in general, everyone knows that, and if you deny that your in denial lol.

But does that make them superior? no. Being physicaly stronger than women is only one part of life, there are many other factors to being human.

Men and women are different, but both are not inferior to each other, just different.

Let's compare it to this.

There are different teas all different flavours some are stronger in taste some are not so strong. You might prefer a certain tea, then you might think it's "better" than the other teas. But that is only a view.

What really makes a certain tea superior?

Nothing does. It is only you making that choice to "choose" which you think is, but in reality none are superior to each other.
They are all different teas, all unique, but all the same. None are really better than each other. Only a human would think that.

LOL I'm not good at this, but I think I heard that tea story from some Jet Li movie haha, obviously the movie said it better haha.

They were talking about which martial arts is better, then the guy told the tea story.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Women are weaker than Men.

They can't fight as good either. I have defeated several females in combat.

They showed up at the boxing club and would challenge the men - only to have their faces broken. Equality Rules...

I have not ever been defeated by a woman - not even after a nutshot, which only makes one go for the throat...

Women don't stand a chance in contests of Raw brute power.

-And don't give me that nonsense about the 50 pound woman lifting the car off her child. Or the 90 pound Indian lady killing the Bear by sucking it's eyeball out - They are just more FemNazi Supremacy FairyTales.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I was taught in martial arts that women are stronger in the legs most of the time, and are often taught to utilize kicks. Skill also plays a big role when it comes to this as well. Heres a quick video that should put a smile on the ladies faces.

*Warning violence*
Cage Fight

Enjoy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join