It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could have ONE super power....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm sure this has been done before but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

I was talking with my flatmate the other day and saw an advert on tv with some guy just flying around the place. We reminissed on dreams we had as kids about being able to fly then we started arguing over what would be the best super power.

So I put it do you ATS!

If you could have one super power what would it be and why? Also whats one of the first things you would do?

I would want to be invisible
apart from the obvious teenage fantasies of sitting in the girls locker room the first thing I would do is head to Washington and figure what is ACTUALLY going on over there. Then I would come let you guys know.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Teleportation.
This would be awesome, being able to get to any place in the blink of an eye.
Super strength would also be cool.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I would want to read other people's minds and control them with my thoughts.

That would be pretty excellent. "Stand by for mind control."

Maybe throw a little telekinesis into the mix.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I would have to say healing people. No healing in general, from a person to an animal or a pet.

Now that is true power.

Parkinson's disease..gone!!

Cancer...gone!!

Dog hips are going...all better now!!!

Sing a song, do a dance, spit out some obscure chant and Presto!!!

You healed and feel like new.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hiro Nakamura's ridiculously broken control of the space-time continuum. I would use this power to browsse through events of personal curiosity and get a first-hand account of what really happened at specific places and times. I would hit up sightings of paranormal activity and historical events, especially heavily debated ones (such as 9/11). I would also skim through the pasts of people I know.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'd have to go with the ability to pause, resume, fast forward, rewind time. Doing so would more or less be the only power anyone would ever need. To others it could seem as if you could teleport, simply by stopping time, moving to a different location, then resuming time again. This would also work well for getting into/out of restricted areas, just stop time, see what you gotta see, then leave and resume time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Guess I'm the destructive one.
I always wanted to have power over fire.
Hence the avatar.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yeah they would all be pretty sweet! Those time things are too dangerous but if there were no consequences i guess that would be the ultimate.

We need to figure out invisibility like PROPERLY I think it's within our reach for sure. Imagine if someone found some ancient document that had all the secrets in it for all these super powers! Too cool

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Just the ability to understand people telepathicaly...

To comunicate without words....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I would want the power of manipulation. To be able to bend anyone or anything to my will.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think I'd have to go with the mind control. With that one, you wouldn't need any other powers, and if you did, you just need to find someone who has the one you need and use them for whatever it is you had planned.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Super power?

The power to have any power that I want.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well personally I think invisibility would be really cool espically being a ninja and all.

But I would basically take any power I could, there basically all cool to me.

We need to figure out invisibility like PROPERLY I think it's within our reach for sure. Imagine if someone found some ancient document that had all the secrets in it for all these super powers! Too cool

That sounds like a good idea for a comic book or movie

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm with Wolf on this one. I'd want the gift to touch people and heal them instantly.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If I could have one super power it would be to stop islamo facism.

The other option would be to stop greemos from being born.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It would be either invisibility or eternal life.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I would want to have the invisibility power so I can....well...you know!

I'm so perverted lol!

...no not really!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Can i take over the world?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If I go with my quick gut feeling, I have to say invisibility....for obvious reasons. I will have to think of something more profound and share it shortly.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'd want to have the power to poop money.. God I am poor.

Either that or the typical flying dream. I dream about it so much and so vividly sometimes that I wake up pissed at the fact that I can't.

But image the fun you could have as a shapeshifter? You could get whatever you want.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join