It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilians first to unlock new iPhone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Brazilians first to unlock new iPhone

news.ninemsn.com.au

A Brazilian company is claiming to be the first to have found a way to unlock Apple's new iPhone 3G, getting around restrictions that require users to sign up for calling plans with exclusive carriers, reports say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I love it! HACK THE PLANET!!! Imagine if we all put our talents together and hack the NWO network and puters hehehehehe...

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
YEs YES/..... BRazilians!!!!! I knew they were worth more....... and they say they have oil too.

THEY ARE THE SUPERIOR RACE AND WILL UNLOCK EVERYTHING . I talked to a brazilian last week, and they said their hair makes them smarter (*create new thread) NOT!!!

yeah! don't delete. This post is Brazilian art.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Oh, thank God! I've been worried and eagerly awaiting further news on this matter ever since the first story broke.

I was beginning to be concerned about the iPhone's, and Apple's future if this serious, life altering situation was not resolved quickly.

Consumers, teen-aged and 45 year old Office Max employees alike, can now rejoice that their $200 investment was not for a non-working, utterly useless, rectangular lump of circuit boards and batteries, but rather, a working one.

This certainly is great news. Now Americans can be falsely secure again in their desires to waste their ever devaluing Dollar on meaningless materialistic goods.

I'm able to get on with my week stress free now, thanks to the Brazilians.

Thank God for the Brazilians!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Clearly the subject doesn't hold your interest, so why bother replying with such a sarcastic and childish response? That's a rhetorical question by the way.

Seriously, your post was a waste of bandwidth. Next time just dont open the thread if you have nothing of value to add.

As for the topic itself, I rejoice at this news! Another blow against commercial nazism.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If your thinking of getting one of these check out these links . It may surprise you there are ALOT better phones out there better priced and more/better features.

"Iphone killers"
www.digitgeek.com...

Real Cost of iPhone: Service Plan Revealed

Over the life of the phone that equates to $1,440. Add in the price of the phone and activation fees and the cheapest amount you'll spend on an iPhone over the next two years is $1,975. You can almost buy a brand new MacBook Pro for that outlay. And don't forget the cancellation fee you'll pay on your old phone...

tech.yahoo.com...

BTW i'm not affiliated with any provider . Nor do i use a mainstream provider.Just saw these articles on "stumble upon".
Metro pcs ftw

[edit on 17-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

This can be good news, until the user needs to exchange the iphone because of a faulty software or other defect. The people at the apple store will connect the phone to a wired computer to detect the problem, and once they see that the digital serial number does not match the one from the sticker on the back, they will know it's a hacked phone, and the phone will have a void warranty.

Meaning, that either way, it's still going to be a $200 paper weight.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

hacked the phone by altering its firmware and by adding a special card to the SIM chip.

It looks like its removable. Also i have never heard of changing the serial # to hack anything . Its a 2nd'ary spoofed firmware. Shouldn't void the warranty at all . Nor should it be detectable without the original FW being changed.

I hack/mod almost everything i get my hands on . Generally changing the firmware or altering it is the best/only way.

Most people have no clue that the only thing that stops most things from working is a small text file. (cable modem/xbox 360 ect) And a slight change can net you free internet .. free games ect.
I have built my own modem firmware . It basically lets me change any of my ISP settings on the fly . Like speed mac ip and i can disable almost all the security and bypass sandvine and other restrictions I'm completely untraceable. And have no restrictions like other comcast customers. (torrent throttling monthly limits ect.) Free 40meg + internet is great.

But anyway my point was . I highly doubt that the serial is changed at all . It wouldn't make any sense . The point is to not have it seen/changed back .

Usually you either reprogram the chip. Piggyback a new one on . Or just rewrite parts of the chip . None of which would change the serial . Besides . With the money you save from the BS contracts i mentioned earlier you could probably afford to buy 2 more iphones anyway .

[edit on 17-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
GOOD! i am sick of being ripped off left, right and centre by every money grabbing company out there....... as if we dont pay enough already for these over-rated gadgets, we then have to pay to literally use them

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shewolf
GOOD! i am sick of being ripped off left, right and centre by every money grabbing company out there....... as if we dont pay enough already for these over-rated gadgets, we then have to pay to literally use them

I just use a go phone, a pay as you go. cheap. Do people really need these iphones? no.

at home i use skype internet phone. i dont like to pay a lot to talk to people when i can use email or snail mail. Everyone now days think they are some busy executive that needs constant contact. when all they do is just gab gab gab.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Optix]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
iPhone! iPhone! iPhone! iPhone!

Remember when there were no cell phones, or morons driving with cell phones?

Good times.

The iPhone is as necessary as diarrhea.

top topics

join