It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That fact of the matter is people are ignorant and have absolutely no idea what GOD is! Any rational person can look at the world and see that Humans have no connection with GOD. Humans are also very self centered. The notion that it is possible to do something that GOD has not allowed is beyond ridiculous. You are most certaintly right when you say most of the people on this site have no idea what they are talking about. Most of the people on here that claim to be religious haven't even read their scriptures. As always they only know what they have been told. The Illuminati is not Evil in my opinoin, they are smart and know that man is nothing more than a virus at war with it self, and if allowed to continue will destroy this planet. Any one waiting around for some one to save them is a pathetic excuse for a human being and therefore doesn't deserve to live!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

What 'god' are you referring to?

You honestly hate everybody and think they're a virus to be exterminated by the NWO?

"Those that wait upon the Lord, He shall renew their strength".

link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i think the issue is obvious: it's a generalization. whenever you are outside the will of god for your life, you are in the will of his enemy. there doesn't appear to be much gray area in this regard. it doesn't mean a person outside god's will for their life at any given point is a satanist. it just means, generally-speaking, that individual is behaving satanically. if that makes sense.

what is god's will for your life, is the question. some view the concept of constantly worrying if you are in god's will for your life, the opposite of having free will. if luciferanism encourages free will and god does not, then the two are in enmity with each other. i think it works more like this:

you have free will. you choose to surrender it to god. this inevitably leads to your freedom.
you have free will. you choose to retain that free will in everything you do. this envitably leads to your enslavement.

something about cause n' effect.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by undo]

see, as much as i appreciate your effort, i cannot help but feel like i asked for a scientific explanation of erosion and you are in looking in the bible for it. I am coming at this from and OUTSIDE of the bible perspective. the world, this board, is made up of such a broad number of religions that i was hoping for more of an objective view and not one from the bible. that kind of defeats the purpose anyway.

i know the name is disillusioning. satanism makes christians feel like they know what it is. yup the word was hijacked shamelessly but that does not negate the fact that if my stove had been called a car, i still would not ask my automechanic to fix my gas stove(now called car.)

I could be wrong about this but how can come from an OUTSIDE perspective when the Bible created Satan to begin with. Without the Bible you would have no Satan right?

link   

reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

i think the issue is obvious: it's a generalization. whenever you are outside the will of god for your life, you are in the will of his enemy. there doesn't appear to be much gray area in this regard. it doesn't mean a person outside god's will for their life at any given point is a satanist. it just means, generally-speaking, that individual is behaving satanically. if that makes sense.

what is god's will for your life, is the question. some view the concept of constantly worrying if you are in god's will for your life, the opposite of having free will. if luciferanism encourages free will and god does not, then the two are in enmity with each other. i think it works more like this:

you have free will. you choose to surrender it to god. this inevitably leads to your freedom.
you have free will. you choose to retain that free will in everything you do. this envitably leads to your enslavement.

something about cause n' effect.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by undo]

see, as much as i appreciate your effort, i cannot help but feel like i asked for a scientific explanation of erosion and you are in looking in the bible for it. I am coming at this from and OUTSIDE of the bible perspective. the world, this board, is made up of such a broad number of religions that i was hoping for more of an objective view and not one from the bible. that kind of defeats the purpose anyway.

i know the name is disillusioning. satanism makes christians feel like they know what it is. yup the word was hijacked shamelessly but that does not negate the fact that if my stove had been called a car, i still would not ask my automechanic to fix my gas stove(now called car.)

I could be wrong about this but how can you come from an OUTSIDE perspective when the Bible created Satan to begin with. Without the Bible you would have no Satan right?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by searcus]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by searcus

No, Satan was there from the beginning.
Babylonianism is where it REALLY took off, mainly because it was so LARGE.
The worship of satan under different names is what we generally see throughout history, except there is ALWAYS a commonality in attributes of him.

Satanists just don't understand what all the fuss is about, when they call themselves by a well-known devlish name.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

What 'god' are you referring to?

You honestly hate everybody and think they're a virus to be exterminated by the NWO?

"Those that wait upon the Lord, He shall renew their strength".

1. Any and all GODS

2. I don't hate anyone, I'm only stating the truth if man was put on trail today for his crimes against life. He would be found guilty in the first degree. Humans are not now and have never been respecters of life and if you believe that their is a harmony to all things in the universe then you understand that what goes around comes around. You can not cheat karma. Here is a good example of what I mean.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by searcus

No, Satan was there from the beginning.
Babylonianism is where it REALLY took off, mainly because it was so LARGE.
The worship of satan under different names is what we generally see throughout history, except there is ALWAYS a commonality in attributes of him.

Satanists just don't understand what all the fuss is about, when they call themselves by a well-known devlish name.

I understand what you are saying regarding Satan being there from the beginning, but before the Bible Satan was refered to by other names. What im trying to say is that the term "Satan" was first used in the Bible. If Satanist are using a term that was used in the Bible wouldnt they also be considered to worship the characteristics that Satan had in the Bible?

Let me try to come up with an example. Let say I wanted to start a new religion and call it the Jedi religion. Well the term Jedi was first used in the Star Wars movies so what other people are going to associate the Jedi religion with is the properties that the Jedi took on during the movies.

Same thing with Satan. The term Satan as far as im aware was orginated from the Bible, therefore Satanist worship the properties of Satan as represented in the Bible.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
For what it is worth...In college I studied cultural anthropolgy with an emphasis on religions with courses like "magic, witchcraft and religion"

One of the things that always stood out to me about Satanism is that it is not a religion...but rather a psuedo religion wholey dependant on Christianity. Satanism is premised on the bible and christian teachings.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

well, i actually hope this continues. it looks like it might get interesting. i dont mean to tell any christians i do not want to hear from them, i just dont want 'facts' about satan being thrown around that are based soley on a christian book of myths. your oppinions sure are welcome though.
I'm not a christian per say however I do find a lot in the christian religion that has worked for me on a personal level.That being said I have a question? The christian book of myths you refer to is the bible right? Ok the name for the belief system you belong to is called satanism right? Well correct me if I'm wrong but the name satan the very name of your belief system comes from that book of myths correct?

All right so what part of the book do you consider myth? All of it? Or just the parts that talks about God? The flood? Is there a book thats older than the bible that mentions satan by name? If there is such a book does it use a different name? If thats true why isnt that used instead of the one from the book of myths? If there is such a book does it mention God,heaven ect? Who created the universe satan? If not then does it mean that satan is a myth?

Reminds me of a dog chasing his tail

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Satanism is a phrase, a word, a construct. It's a completely relative subject. There's no real scientific studies I'm aware of that define "satanism". What we should focus on is what does it describe - the word and it's theological / historical connotations are wide open to individual interpretation. You could go on hair splitting about it for pages and pages.

I think Undo may have hit the nail on the head in an earlier statement - that it's any act that goes against the "will of god". What’s the “Will of God” ? I’d say a natural balance – as oversimplified as that sounds ;-). Let’s say a natural balance of the psyche/ spirit (within) and a natural balance of the surrounding environment (without) So anything that acts against the natural balance within and without feels off or wrong to the INDIVIDUAL based on his perception. When that happens they grasp for the most familiar and easiest to use term – “Satanism” in this case.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

2. I don't hate anyone, I'm only stating the truth if man was put on trail today for his crimes against life. He would be found guilty in the first degree. Humans are not now and have never been respecters of life and if you believe that their is a harmony to all things in the universe then you understand that what goes around comes around. You can not cheat karma. Here is a good example of what I mean.

And I'd bet the people who run this planet are not humans at all (perhaps hybrids) and it is they who are responsible for the sorry state of things and not the human beings. Humans tend not to be smart enough to come up with things like atom bombs and biochem warfare and constructing domiciles with hot and cold running water, heat, air conditioning and electricity at their beck and call. They just like to blame it on humans. It's an old trick. Hey, that's why it's good to be in charge. you can screw teh pooch and blame your little brotha.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And I'd bet the people who run this planet are not humans at all (perhaps hybrids) and it is they who are responsible for the sorry state of things and not the human beings. Humans tend not to be smart enough to come up with things like atom bombs and biochem warfare and constructing domiciles with hot and cold running water, heat, air conditioning and electricity at their beck and call. They just like to blame it on humans. It's an old trick. Hey, that's why it's good to be in charge. you can screw teh pooch and blame your little brotha.

This illustrates the reason Humans have not progressed, and continues to repeat the same fundamental mistakes. It has always been some one elses fault! Humans are innocent and bare no responsiblility for the condition they find them selves in. I embrase what is coming, it truly is long over due!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

This illustrates the reason Humans have not progressed,

Progress leads to pollution. Pollution leads to destruction of the environment. Destruction of the environment leads to chaos. Chaos leads to death and destruction. chaos can kiss my lily white hind quarters. Don't blame the slave for the master's choices. What kind of idiot would claim it's his slave's fault that he ordered him to go build a neighborhood in a rain forest? Passing the buck is almost at its end my friend

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Progress leads to pollution. Pollution leads to destruction of the environment. Destruction of the environment leads to chaos. Chaos leads to death and destruction. chaos can kiss my lily white hind quarters. Don't blame the slave for the master's choices. What kind of idiot would claim it's his slave's fault that he ordered him to go build a neighborhood in a rain forest? Passing the buck is almost at its end my friend

Your statement is an Oxymoron!! Do you know the meaning of Progression, obviously not! True progression would not yield such results. And you always have a choice, no one can make you into a slave. Only the weak accept servitude. If you are a slave you have chosen to be one!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

wow well put my friend... I especially like the last part...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToolFanMael

wow well put my friend... I especially like the last part...

The statement is an Oxymoron!! Do you know the meaning of Oxymoron? Do you know the meaning of Progression? True progression would not yield such results. And you always have a choice, no one can make you into a slave. Only the weak accept servitude. If you are a slave you have chosen to be one!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

True progression would not yield such results.

Absolutely true. So go forth, horned one, and prove that you can achieve true progression even at your own home. Proceed. What are you waiting for? What? You mean you don't have the materials available? Or they are against the law? Or you might get thrown in jail for it? Hmm, where's your car that has all biodegradable parts and emissions? Are you using a computer? Aren't they made of pollution creating materials ? Wait, i know the answer to that. Hypocrite!

And you always have a choice, no one can make you into a slave. Only the weak accept servitude. If you are a slave you have chosen to be one!

You're missing an important part of that entire thought process but let's just start with the obvious:

Every human being is a slave. That's just the way civilization works. It's all about slavery. You're a part of the machine. How do you free your mind from such slavery? By pretending it ain't happening? What the hell? That's not freedom, that's an ostrich impression or maybe a small child who thinks if they cover up their eyes, you can't see them cause they can't see you... "You can't seeee meee." Doh. Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
That fact of the matter is people are ignorant and have absolutely no idea what GOD is! Any rational person can look at the world and see that Humans have no connection with GOD. Humans are also very self centered. The notion that it is possible to do something that GOD has not allowed is beyond ridiculous. You are most certaintly right when you say most of the people on this site have no idea what they are talking about. Most of the people on here that claim to be religious haven't even read their scriptures. As always they only know what they have been told. The Illuminati is not Evil in my opinoin, they are smart and know that man is nothing more than a virus at war with it self, and if allowed to continue will destroy this planet. Any one waiting around for some one to save them is a pathetic excuse for a human being and therefore doesn't deserve to live!

Slightly off topic here.

That is a great analogy of the human race. I think the best description I've ever heard was this: Imagine you are viewing the world from space looking down on the Earth. If you saw a city like L.A. or N.Y. what would it look like? One big patch of smoking mold on the face of the planet is the answer. We are a bacteria (or virus) that takes and takes and takes from this planet and we do the minimal required to repair the damage, if we bother at all. 99% of humans have lost touch with nature and they don't even know it. We show Mother Nature no respect and expect that things will be hunky dorey for the rest of time. It's appalling.

Back on track...

Satanism is not evil, it is not bad, and it does not breed hatred or maniacs. Any serial killers who claimed to be Satanist had issues before. They found no acceptance in a society where conformity is encouraged so they turned to Satanism because its ideals are radically different than most belief systems *SIDENOTE - It does not encourage evil acts towards other human beings or spirits but it is a personal experience and with not many people around to educate on the subject IT CAN EASILY BE MISINTERPRETTED*

I found the discussion about the pentagram interesting here. When you look at a pentagram first look at the parts of the symbol. It is a star inside a circle. The star can represent divinity and mysticism because at the time of origin stars were unknown lights in the sky. It is also known to represent man as it has 5 points, much like we have 5 appendages from our body (head, 2 arms, 2 legs). The circle is generally associated with unity, oneness, eternity, and wholeness. The star is joined to the circle in the pentagram, so drawing from what I've already posted the symbol represents (again, to me) man's eternal unity with the unknown divinities in the universe. This is why it is a religious symbol. Satanism IS in contrast to Christianity (and many other organized religions) because it is about harnessing your own spiritual energy for use on yourself and your life; where other religions believe that prayer and being obedient (or giving your spiritual energy to a higher power) is the way to go. These two ideals cannot negotiate. When you take the pentagram and its original uses in ancient religions it represtented a connection with a god or gods. When inverted the "man's" head is now facing downwards, towards Earth and man and you. This is representative of Satanists using their energy to affect the domain that they have influence on, not hope some higher being will intervene on their behalf.

I have much more to contribute but I'll stop this wall of typing for a while and read some other opinions.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, there's certainly a lot of disinformation in this thread that's for sure.

Modern day Satanists of the Church of Satan DO NOT WORSHIP SATAN. They worship man.

We have quite a few true Satanists on this website, I've talked with many of them, and I'm very surprised they haven't come in to set you guys straight. Maybe like me they are tired of typing the same explanation over and over and over again even though it will just be ignored.

To be clear, modern Satanists are Humanists.

Vas

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer
That fact of the matter is people are ignorant and have absolutely no idea what GOD is! Any rational person can look at the world and see that Humans have no connection with GOD.

If that is what Satanism is about then keep it. I would rather have my personal connection with God that you do not know about.

Humans are also very self centered.

Speak for yourself my friend.

The notion that it is possible to do something that GOD has not allowed is beyond ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous? It is freewill. Your parents want you to go to university, become a doctor, stay away from drugs, not drink, and etc. We still do those things, so why is it ridiculous?

You are most certaintly right when you say most of the people on this site have no idea what they are talking about. Most of the people on here that claim to be religious haven't even read their scriptures. As always they only know what they have been told.

You are certainly right about this one. There is no need to read the scriptures, because it has been taught to us ever since day one. It has been taught to you, me, and everyone around us. We have morals and all these little codes we live by. If we did not have these inside of us then the world would descend into chaos.

The Illuminati is not Evil in my opinoin, they are smart and know that man is nothing more than a virus at war with it self, and if allowed to continue will destroy this planet. Any one waiting around for some one to save them is a pathetic excuse for a human being and therefore doesn't deserve to live!

And you see this is the difference between me and you, evil and good, dark and light. You think if a human is weak he does not deserve to live. I think we were all born equal and each person excels in a different trait. Who are you to define who is smart and who is not? Illuminati is nothing more then a bunch of people born into wealth. Without the wealth they were born in they would be nothing. They are normal human beings but those are the people who are self centered.

If Satanists believe the Illuminati are not evil, weak people should be killed then in my standards they are evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join