It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Why would you want to be "Satanic"?

It's silly, childish, and trust me I know... my former band mate is now into all that Satanism stuff, and he acts like a childish paranoid judgmental prick. He tried to kill me twice, so I dunno. Satanists just don't sit well with me after it twisted my former best friend into a cold hearted monster. Karma, my friend. You rebel against the force that created "Satan" in the first place, you rebel against yourself. Do you even know what you are doing? Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here, but yes I am in a position of wisdom to tell you that what you are supporting here is pure blasphemy, in the truest sense of the word.

Do you even understand the concepts and the truths BEHIND the major religions? I understand the dogma of "Religion" isn't to your liking. Neither is it to mine... but all Satanism stands for is discord and chaos, and that is totally out of harmony with the planet Earth and the Universe in general.

I've heard it all about Satanism from murder boy, so trrrust me, it is a futile effort, my dear friend.

Satanism isn't going to harm anything except yourself, in the end. The universe will still turn, and the force that created all of this will still continue creating its creatures to observe and enjoy creation, whether they wish the Creator created them or not.

Satanism is like THEE most childish thing you could possibly ever be into.

Why are you into this tantrum against creation cult again?

thank you for completely illustrating my point. first off, i never said i wanted to be satanic. second of all you speak of it as if you are in the know. why? based on? you had a friend that said he was into it and told you stuff then got crazy. ever thought your friend was crazy already? or maybe too stupid to truly understand what he was getting into? you dont even say how or through what method he got into "satanism." people say that about anyone that read a lovecraft book so you need to look into satanism, then come back and tell me what you personally learned from satanism itself.
the point of this thread was exactlty this here.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think too many people tend to take religion for face value. Satanism is not a religion. It's a rebellion against something in which neither the majority of Religious people, nor the people who rebel against it, understand much about.

Christianity has some beautiful and enlightening concepts behind all of the dogmas the Church pushes. So do all religions. Try understanding, instead of rebelling and feeling bitterness and hatred and arrogance.

I can already tell that you're bitter, 666. If you weren't bitter, you wouldn't be going on about Satanism in the first place. It is absolutely ridiculous, man. Just drop it. If you wanna practice something other than religion, why not meditate and find your own wisdom and spiritual path? Why worship rebellion against creation, when your very essence is a part of that which you wish to rebel against?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by re22666

well as with your own path, my life experiences have taught me a certain measure of understanding, which i can attribute to more than "religion", as it's no longer just a written text but a living example. in other words, personal witness, testimony and experience, which i feel, is almost entirely unsurpassable. if someone could prove i was hallucinating during those moments, i'd be more inclined to consider them less than unsurpassable, but just that alone would be a work fit for the most stubborn individual on the planet and probably even that wouldn't succeed. cause i'd still have that niggling doubt in the back of my mind that i know what i saw, know what i heard, and so on.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Why would you want to be "Satanic"?

It's silly, childish, and trust me I know... my former band mate is now into all that Satanism stuff, and he acts like a childish paranoid judgmental prick. He tried to kill me twice, so I dunno. Satanists just don't sit well with me after it twisted my former best friend into a cold hearted monster. Karma, my friend. You rebel against the force that created "Satan" in the first place, you rebel against yourself. Do you even know what you are doing? Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean here, but yes I am in a position of wisdom to tell you that what you are supporting here is pure blasphemy, in the truest sense of the word.

Do you even understand the concepts and the truths BEHIND the major religions? I understand the dogma of "Religion" isn't to your liking. Neither is it to mine... but all Satanism stands for is discord and chaos, and that is totally out of harmony with the planet Earth and the Universe in general.

I've heard it all about Satanism from murder boy, so trrrust me, it is a futile effort, my dear friend.

Satanism isn't going to harm anything except yourself, in the end. The universe will still turn, and the force that created all of this will still continue creating its creatures to observe and enjoy creation, whether they wish the Creator created them or not.

Satanism is like THEE most childish thing you could possibly ever be into.

Why are you into this tantrum against creation cult again?

thank you for completely illustrating my point. first off, i never said i wanted to be satanic. second of all you speak of it as if you are in the know. why? based on? you had a friend that said he was into it and told you stuff then got crazy. ever thought your friend was crazy already? or maybe too stupid to truly understand what he was getting into? you dont even say how or through what method he got into "satanism." people say that about anyone that read a lovecraft book so you need to look into satanism, then come back and tell me what you personally learned from satanism itself.

I get the jest of it all, man. He did more than just read a Lovecraft book. I never bothered to study up too much on the whole concept or ask him exactly how he got involved with Satanism, because honestly it was all negative and destructive, and his absolutely stellar behaviour proved that I don't need to even bother understanding something that is so potentially harmful.

If you want to understand the secrets of the universe, there are definitely more stable paths.

Upside down pentagram is definitely a Satanic symbol, by the way. It is also used in Freemasonry and many other societies and groups, but the very connotation of it just feels negative, so I really don't even wish to be an expert on that whole deal. It's just not something that gives me pleasant dreams.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
UNDO you are my new foe if you are religous?

Are you religous? I thought ATS denies ignorance?

i'm a christian. am i religious. i dunno.
depends on your definition of religious.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I mean... do I need to understand the exact design and construction methods of a Remington shotgun to know that if you fiddle with the trigger, you might just be liable to blow your or someone else's brains out? No... but observation of the nature of shotguns and people who carry them tend to give me a negative impression towards guns and people who use guns to illustrate a point or carry out a deed.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i have a few things to add to the topic of the upside down pentagram.

now this may not be the offiical definition for it, but this is something i've pondered and seen as example:

let's start with an hourglass shape. it's two triangles, one pointing down, the other pointing up. when they intersect, they form the magen (the star of david), which is also the neck of the wormhole, the neck of the hourglass. that point in time between beginning and end we think of as the "ever present." this i believe is another way of saying I AM. (denoting eternal presence, or omnipresence).

anyway, the downward pointing triangle is God reaching down to man, in another example. and the upward pointing triangle is man reaching up to God.
so does the pentagram symbollize communion with omnipresence?

explain what this symbol means to you.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What does the upside down star mean to me?

Or to the OP?

Either way... to me, right offhand, the pentagram right side up looks like a human standing with his arms outstretched, as if he's open and willing to understand. The rise of man to the sky

Inverted, in looks like either a man who's confused and standing on his head, as if in a circus act, or like a dead man laying in front of me. The fall of man into the dust.

More simply put, right side up is a rising star, inverted is a fallen star.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
well, i actually hope this continues. it looks like it might get interesting. i dont mean to tell any christians i do not want to hear from them, i just dont want 'facts' about satan being thrown around that are based soley on a christian book of myths. your oppinions sure are welcome though.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The Pentagram has NOTHING to do with what you call Satanism.

It existed long before "satanists" adopted it as their symbol. This is a similar thing - I am not equating Hitler to Satanists - Hitler took a religious symbol and used it, and now the whole world abhors it.

Just like the upside down cross. If you believe the bible, then peter was crucified upsidedown. Was HE satanic?

And how is the cross "holy"? It existed as a form of execution long before jesus was nailed to it.

It wasn't until Eliphas Levi in the 1800s that the "upside down" pentagram suddenly became a symbol of evil. It existed long before that as just a "pentagram". It was even a Christian symbol because the direction didn't matter. It was just a 5-pointed star in a circle; it didn't matter which way it faced.

If you don't like the symbol because of what you feel it represents, fine. But not everyone agrees on what it stands for, and people can alter the mass opinion of it by how they use it.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by madhatter3113]

[edit on 7/17/2008 by madhatter3113]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

to the op.
i wondered what his translation of it was.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
the addition of the goat is that part i find rather useless.
i suppose it can have historical meaning if you consider it a symbol of capricorn the goat-fish and its merger with similar babylonian renditions of Enki (who some equate with the biblical serpent in the garden). but didn't that evolve into the scape goat tradition of placing all the sins of the people symbolically on the goat and sending it off into the desert to die?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
My guess is that these people you mention being tied with "satanism" are just a different kind of spiritual than Christian and non-religious people understand.

Or it is possible that they have gained some of their power through their dedication to Satan. I personally do not believe that any power obtained "through Satan" is evil or bad. But I believe it is powerful enough to assist these people and organizations (I don't know about the Freemasons, but I'd say Illuminati) in getting to where they are.

That's my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hey there,

I know what you mean and i agree however, i think that this sort of thing goes two ways.

One way is satanism as you said.
The other one is God.

There is nothing more annoying then when your having a serious chat or reading through a really great and interesting thread, when all of a sudden someone starts reeling off crap about God or Satan when it is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

If people want to know about that sort of stuff, then they will look for it where it belongs.

If they don't want to know about it then they most certainly don't want it shoved in there faces.

Doesn't matter if your a fanatic, doesn't matter if your a normal religious person and it doesn't matter if you worship Satan.
It seems that some people feel the need to push and in some cases try to force, their beliefs down your throat wherever you go.

When it is not needed and not relevant whichever way it goes it is both extremely annoying and aggravating, plus it can degrade and in some cases completely ruin a great discussion.

Interesting thread

Omega

[edit on 17/7/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I guess it gets annoying when people are Christian-bashing and besmirching religion to have a Christian come in and bring everything off topic.

I'd like to see some threads where a Christian ACTUALLY took over a thread and de-railed it. I've asked for it before on "Creationists will destroy ATS", but, no one gave me any.......

Back to the topic;
Satan of the Bible (as far as most people's translation) means God's opposer.
His enemy.
I've heard it explained that satan was actually a 1000 bc king or something, mistranslations, etc......
But, you know who I'm talking about. The devil.
he is real and has caused more turmoil than stupid mankind throughout the ages.
Now, if someone called themselves a Christian, but, then said, :We don't believe in Christ , we just follow what he stands for".
I would be more than skeptical of that name.
If he's not real, why not call yourselves anarchists or radical nonconformists?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

No no hang on, its not that.
I mean i dont agree with that either, im just talking about when it is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand .
Took a while , its late lol.

[edit on 17/7/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

i get all that in the context of a christian world. chrstianity is not the religion of the realm...so satan and lucifer are not the antirelgious figures of the realm. take the reptillians - i understand your analogy and your point is completely valid but the reptillian history reaches far beyond any satan or lucifer or christianity so...why the word "satanic." we have an official church and religion like anyone else. so in your context, i see how that fits for ignorant people. but in the grand scheme of ATS with pleadians, reptillians, sumerians, anunaki, all this crap that goes far beyond the word satan in history yet somehow gets linked to satanic? why do we have to frame everything evil from a christian point of view?

I fully understand where you are coming from here. However, I haven't seen too many people attach the term "satanic" to the pleadians, reptillians, sumerians, or anunaki. Then again, I try to avoid these type of discussions as much as possible. To me I have found that religion of every type ends up getting distorted as time goes on anyways. Christianity has become extremely distorted. I would almost go so far as to say that if an ancient Christian were to witness many of today's Christian activities that they would label it as "satanic" acts.

This is an interesting topic as usual.

I'm just wondering where you are coming from. From the title I got that you were a worshipper of "Satanism" but then the above post makes me tend to believe that you are a worshipper of one or the other listed above. That you are trying to get the term "satanic" removed from that style of worship. ?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

almost every category I go into, somehow ends up with a post about how it is linked to satanism. and half the time it is ignored, half the time it starts a whole new discussion full of the most rediculous statements thrown out willy nilly as facts. satanism apparently is at the root of every conspiracy, the masons are satanic, the reptillians are satanic, the government is satanic....and on and on. i wouldnt even mind so much if it weren't for the fact that so many people speak so authoritatively about so many subjects but when i see what is laid down as "knowledge" of satanism, I lose faith in the idea that anyone hear knows anything of anything at all.

the way its been taught to me (my mom was a minister at a local church for 15 years) and a friend I grew up with his father and grandfather are high ranking freemasons and my friend has been practicing differnet rituals and witchcraft with his dad since he was little... both have told me the same thing in different words...

I.M.O. - The way I undertstand it and have been told.. there is no right and wrong in the spirit world.. in this existance only is where love and hate good and evil exist due to our limited understanding of things (yes im aware this is a very vague basic discription im not that good at writing)

just thought I would throw that out there!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg
To me I have found that religion of every type ends up getting distorted as time goes on anyways. Christianity has become extremely distorted. I would almost go so far as to say that if an ancient Christian were to witness many of today's Christian activities that they would label it as "satanic" acts.

wasn't the bible written like 400ish years after Jesus died? I could be wrong... but I got that from somewhere....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

is this topic/subject an interest or hobby of yours? or do you have professional or post secondary school academic experience of some sort?

im just curious you seem condescending

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join