It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is there so much satanism disinfo here

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

"Please understand, I hold you in the highest regard." -- MiB

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Anyway, I think a bit of levity never hurt a serious topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by re22666

too late now. you've already got it fixed in your mind that anyone who disagrees with you is either trolling your thread or simply too lazy to read the OP (and although that may be the case occassionally, you can't chalk up all dissent to trolls and lazy people). not that you haven't fairly acknowledged when someone has read the op and disagreed with you, but it's human nature to remember the bad more often than the good (which may explain some of your dilemma), and after this many pages, all you'll remember is the bad.

watch and see.

well, let me appologize if you personally took offense. the problem is this. i started two threads. both questions about things i see on this board, as well as conspiracy theory stuff. together, on both threads, 8 out of 10 are trolls with nothing, i repeat, NOTHING to add, nothing of value to say, nothing about the topic, as well as the ones that have lashed out so eagerly at the thread title without reading the OP. i guess i figured that i could generalize because, as you said, i have taken the time to acknowledge each and every on topic post whether it agreed with me or not. if it applied to the OP, i starred it, and replied. i thought that was more than fair of me. and i do truly appreciate those particular posts. i never meant any offense to you, i also never expected you to take any.

i do have to say though that i cannot possible have made up my mind to label everyone that disagrees with me because i still have not even really said anything that can be agreed with or disagreed with really. i know you and i do not see eye to eye at all and i would not call you a troll. i would also hope that was obvious in the ways that i respond to you. my sincerest appologies to the people that made a serious post and may have felt a personal afront at my generalization of trolls on ATS. I am sure if you spent as much time on the strange threads i do, and got the massive responses that have had to be removed by mods that i have, as well as the inane ones that still sit there, worthless and void of intelligent life, you may generalize a bit too.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

(postscript: i think you set yourself up for this disappointment. 1) you chose a name with seemingly negative connotations, 2) you chose an avatar with seemingly negative connotations, 3) and you started a thread with a title sure to generate negative attention, and finally, 4) you got what you wanted -- disappointment.

interesting. have you ever considered the way your mind works? why you think the way you do, why you respond the way you do? people are fascinating and this includes yourself. i'm sure you've thought long and hard about the way other people function, but what about the way you function? i bet that'd be an interesting thread topic, too.)

well let me enlighten you

my name, the numbers are variation i always use of numbers assigned to me along time ago in college. i never forgot that number so i use combos of it for most things. i was always intrigued by the fact that it already had 3 6's. not in a row but wow, put them together and people freak out. why? i cannot find 666 in my bible. it is superstition and even the satanic church does not care about the number 666. but i am sure people here are smarter than to judge me based on arbirtrary numbers that christians somehow were able to lable as bad.

my avatar? sure it looks negative, dark, forboding. but i ask you this. is there a satanic symbol in it? where? if so, what does that say about your perception of things as opposed to mine.

the name of the thread is a question. nothing more, nothing less. i do not see why my thread title would upset anyone unless they left out every word but satanism.

so let me ask you this then, what is more interesting, the fact that i picked a name and avatar that i like for my own reasons but because i am not a brainwashed christian, i do not see them from a christian perspective. i do however find it incredibly interesting that so many people here feel that they are in a position to decide so much about me based on an arbitrary set of numbers and an image THEY see as satanic. and if the validity of my words can be so easily taken or given based solely on my avatar and my screen name and not the content of my OP, well then i doubt very much i will care what you have to say because it is closed minded and blind coming out of the gate now isnt it?

anywhere else, this would be a setup for letdown. here, i thought people were openminded and did their research. but thanks for letting me know that it all boils down to people judging others based on a pic and a number. now i am really really letdown.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

reply to post by XcLuciFer

1. 666 doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
2. inverted pentagram doesn't have seemingly negative connotations?
3. calling people's posts on the subject, disinfo, isn't negative?

666 has a negative connotation to people that have bought everything that their preacher told them, perhaps before he touched you someplace naughty

there is no inverted pentagram in my picture, you are seeing things. there is an image drawn within the confines of a pentagon. connect the points anyway you want, the difference between a star and a pentagram is the idiot who believe geometric shapes can be evil.

where did i call someone's post here disinfo?
i refer to the many many many posts attributing soooooooooooo many things to satanism that can be backed up by NOTHING!!!- that is disinfo. spreading so called facts around that turn out to not be true...what would you call that?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

As far as 666 goes, I read a very believable and fully relatable definition of it. It appears that in both of the primary biblical languages (greek and hebrew), the numerological value (as counted by hebrew scholars) was "Lateinos".

Observe:

The numeric equivalents of Greek letters can also be found in the Encyclopedia Britannica under "Languages of the World", Table 8.

The ancient Greek word for "the Latin speaking man" is LATEINOS
L = 30 lambda
A = 1 alpha
T = 300 tau
E = 5 epsilon
I = 10 iota
N = 50 nu
O = 70 omicron
S = 200 sigma
------------

www.ao.net...

this makes perfect sense for a couple really obvious reasons:

1) the gentleman writing the text is in prison on the Isle of Patmos, put there as an enemy of the Roman (Lateinos) Empire.

2) seven heads of the beast are seven mountains (a reference to the seven hills of rome)

as much as i love this conversation between you to, and i really do. and i really appreciate lucifer sticking up for me in my absence, perhaps better than i could ever do.
i do however have to again state to undo....
no matter what you read, who told you, where you got it from

666 is still a number, just like the powerless intersecting lines that you mentioned

the reason i feel they are of no signifigance to anything here is because, as i have stated, i expected people here to be a little more thoughtful than to bash someone because of attributes someone else says some numbers have. yes i understand how most people see them and how most people might see my avatar. i think that is the point. i came HERE specifically to deal with people smart enough to look past the superficial, and completely meaningless. the numbers and the avatar have nothing to do with satan to me. one is a picture that goes back to far to get into, the other is as i said, part of an old number i will never forget. if you wish to devalue my thread and treat me as if i were somehow asking for trouble because of the name of my thread (legitimate question) my name (arbitrary numbers that some people think might mean something for some reason) and my avatar (a pentagon enclosed image) then i must say i am sorely let down considering how well we had gotten along thus far. i guess i just expected more thoughtful and intelligent people here.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
i thought 666 was code for nero? anyhoo....Church of Satan is just another bunch of nonsense,although if there is disinfo being spread it is your right to corect it....

oh i am not looking to correct it. the last thing i care about is going thread to thread to reply to stupid statements that are now far to old for anyone to read anyway. i never said i wanted to set the whole record straight. i would just like to know why a website for openmnded skeptics (people who investigate from the standpoint of disbelief) is soooo full of crap.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well would it help if I mentioned I'm somewhat of a scholar of biblical prophetical texts? I got that way from not only reading the text, but reading it in several different translations, in its original languages, and as a result of the theological works of various schools of thought (including mr. lavey's). Perhaps it carries no weight with you or Xclucifer, but you would not be happy if I broke out into a SERIOUS defense of the text. It would drive your thread hopelessly off topic and I'd bury it in a slew of data, so deep, you'd need a teleportation pad just to get out of it. but if it'll keep you and xcluci's posts and videos from repeating half baked versions of the text, then I'll do it. BUT OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOUR THREAD, I HAVE NOT GIVEN THIS TOPIC THE SERIOUS RETALIATORY DISCUSSION IT'S BEGGING TO HAVE!

[edit on 29-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Research on the subject of Lucifer and his counterpart, Satan, has shown that these two individual names are in fact different aspects of the same being or group of beings. Lucifer simply means bringer of knowledge, wisdom or light. In other words, it's a descriptive honorary title, not unlike "King of Kings." Satan on the other hand was a name given to a specific entity who carried the honorary title of Lucifer. It might be better stated thusly: Satan, Lucifer (Bringer of Knowledge). Another descriptive honorary was "Devil," which is also best stated as Satan, Devil (the accuser).

What he brought was civilization and all its trappings, including low level knowledge about nature, masonry, and science . He is synonmous in ancient texts with the sumerian Enki (Akkadian Ea), who the texts claim not only created humans but human civilization.

i'll stop there for now, because i truly do not want to drive your thread off its topic, but if you're going to accuse and allow others to accuse, you must be prepared for a defense.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A short debunking of the concept that the individual in Isaiah was in fact not Satan but Nebuchadnezzar:

The author of the video clearly hasn't done his research, but has stopped at the description that most suited his theories. It's okay to defend your theories on flimsy evidence, I have done so on occassion myself but not when there's sufficient reason to believe the individual in the text is and IS not Nebuchadnezzar because:

He's talking to someone who has raised himself above (giving an example of how the planet Venus rises into the sky), God, saying I will be God. I will ascend into Heaven. Even if the text simply points to this ascension as the planet Venus ascending above the Sun in the sky, it's still further described in terminology that cannot be ignored if you are expecting your argument to hold any semblance of scholarly review.

So what are those further descriptions, you might ask?
I'll tell you:

1) Verse 17 says, That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Did Nebuchadnezzar make the world a wilderness and destroyed the cities thereof? NOPE! Guess who did though? You guessed it, Satan, that Bringer of Light, the Accuser of Mankind, who's job it is to keep as many humans as he possibly can from recognizing their purpose, value and strength.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Well would it help if I mentioned I'm somewhat of a scholar of biblical prophetical texts? I got that way from not only reading the text, but reading it in several different translations, in its original languages, and as a result of the theological works of various schools of thought (including mr. lavey's). Perhaps it carries no weight with you or Xclucifer, but you would not be happy if I broke out into a SERIOUS defense of the text. It would drive your thread hopelessly off topic and I'd bury it in a slew of data, so deep, you'd need a teleportation pad just to get out of it. but if it'll keep you and xcluci's posts and videos from repeating half baked versions of the text, then I'll do it. BUT OUT OF RESPECT FOR YOUR THREAD, I HAVE NOT GIVEN THIS TOPIC THE SERIOUS RETALIATORY DISCUSSION IT'S BEGGING TO HAVE!

ok undo. you had your fun. i kind of liked your posts for a while. now saddly, you seem to have fallen as far of the tracks as the trolls. as long as you are going to give us a mythology lesson, could you at least do this.

how does any of this "histrory" answer, in any way shape or form, my question

which i know that you well know by now. why dont people on ats look into satanism before they just blindy give it attributes it does not have and then link it to any conspiracy theory they like. your knowledge could be so encyclopedic that you could be that actual author of the quaran, the bible, torah, any you like, that will do nothing to answer my question. there seems to be an agenda to flood this thread with completely off topic ramblings from fictional old books. it does not address the OP. in fact, it borders on prostelization. i am not pushing a religion, i am not knocking a religion, and i sure as heck am not debating what crazy fable book you got your info about demon names and number values and such. you did not address any of the counterpoints i made to you. you have judged me, insulted me, and then overlooked my rebuttal only to fill me thread with nonsense. i am so sorry that your posts have now fallen into that category of "what the hell does this have to do with the thread anymore????" thanks alot for your efforts but please, let enoughg princess bride clips and nonsense about pentagrams that do not exist in my avatar. i would like to stick to the topic at hand please.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

it was a response to xclucifer's video he posted on the previous page.

as i said before, if you are prepared to fight, be ready for a defense. you may not understand the defense, it may not even resemble a defense, but i happen to know on good authority, that there's a reason for everything (there are no coincedences).

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

it was a response to xclucifer's video he posted on the previous page.

as i said before, if you are prepared to fight, be ready for a defense. you may not understand the defense, it may not even resemble a defense, but i happen to know on good authority, that there's a reason for everything (there are no coincedences).

then perhaps you should begin a thread entitled "responses to xlucifer" and stop littering this thread with the exact senseless mumbo jumbo i have spent page after page reminding people this thread is NOT about. religious ideologies, histories from religious texts, any of that applies in NO way to this thread and the fact that over and over again that gets missed is extremely annoying. what is worse is to have someone you thought was slightly more intelligent than those sheeple that cannot be bothered to read what they are railing against, nor what they are using as a rail, slide into the same muck and mire that you credited them for being above. you want to play footsie with lucifer, please feel free to start that thread all on your own. as entertaining and interesting as his responses are to you, i have found the entire discussion sliding into a terrirtory better suited someplace quiet, maybe with candles and a little music. i would like to get back to my OP here please and thank you.

[edit on 7/30/2008 by re22666]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

stop littering this thread with the exact senseless mumbo jumbo

i will, right after you tell him to stop littering the thread with the exact mumbo gumbo.

i had a waking vision one day. i was sitting at my computer, having a discussion with a guy about the maypole tradition. suddenly, i was no longer in my house, but hurtling threw the air, up into the region of space above the earth where the satellites circumnavigate the globe. suffice it to say, i think i was bodily there or it could've just been an astral projection/vision, but whatever it was, it happened suddenly and without warning. several things happened at once:

1) i saw 2 male figures of the exact same appearance (twins or clones, perhaps), floating in space. i could only see them from the chest upwards as they were apparently in a spacecraft of some kind that was cloaked everywhere but the front cockpit window. they both had long dark hair, but no facial hair. they were very large (tall, broad shoulders but not fat) and holographic loooking (See-thru). the craft they were in was totally invisible as i said, except for the front window.

2) i noted the sound of the various satellite transmissions beaming into and out of space (even though there's not supposed to be sound in a vacuum, i still heard it). cellphone calls, tv programs, internet data, etc.

3) suddenly the 2 male figures noticed my presence and became very irrate. i was not supposed to be there. i was told at this point that these 2 beings were angry because they disliked humans immensely and women even more so (because we make more humans).

4) i looked down at the earth below me and saw balls of light whipping along the top of the earth's atmosphere at an incredible speed. i was told (i have no idea who was telling me these things) that they were spacecraft being piloted by human men from our planet... human men, who were in cahoots with the 2 male figures in the holographic/cloaked ship. they were under the mistaken impression that the 2 male aliens(?) were their friends, but in fact, they were not. they hate humans of all kinds, just they hate human women moreso than men. anyway, the 2 male figures were using the human men (who were from an all male organization like a fraternity) to help the human race self-annihilate. the trick was to get the humans on the planet, to self-implode of their own free will. else they'd be in trouble with some council or another for interference above and beyond what is considered legal in their governmental structure (whatever that is).

5) just about here, 3 or 4 seconds have passed and i begin to pass out, i can feel my eyes rolling back up into my head and WHAM i'm back in my seat in front of the computer in my house. i was pins and needles numb all over, like when you've sat on your foot too long and it goes numb. it took a full minute for the sensation to pass but i didn't say anything.

6) an hour later both my kids (a 8 year old boy and a 7 year old girl) come out of their rooms to complain that something's been bugging them. they described it as "raining in the house." well being a mom, i became instantly worried for their safety and began questioning them on their symptoms and how long they had been having them... come to find out they were having similar sensations as that numbing i had had, around the same time i was plopped back in my chair. this was verification that the entire event was, if nothing else, not my imagination.

i came out of that experience with a new awareness about the way things have been happening historically AND a few incidentals, such as: Did you know most women are religious in some fashion? More women are religious than men. isn't it odd that this one thing is used against them no matter whether it's men in the religion itself doing it,or men who don't believe in any religion doing it. i find that just too incredible to be a coincedence.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666
anywhere else, this would be a setup for letdown. here, i thought people were openminded and did their research. but thanks for letting me know that it all boils down to people judging others based on a pic and a number. now i am really really letdown.

I think this, as any community, is just a cross-section of society. There isn't any reason why people here should be more enlightened than people in general. It's easy to think that given the name and purpose of the community. I mean, it's not like we aren't the same people as we are in society as a whole.

Sadly I know too little about Satanism to really come with any greatly researched opinion, but I know enough to know that there are many forms of if. Probably as many forms as there are those that proclaim to be satanists, much like spirituality is different for everyone.

Satanism has perhaps gained an unfortunate image, but then for the Atheists the Christians are as controversial. It is a shame that people choose not to see beyond the labels they are being fed, and in turn apply to things that are different from themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Szticks

nah they're too busy figuring out how they're gonna force people to believe as they do and of course, it never crosses their minds that this is the same exact thing that bothers them about the other fellow.

it's an endless cycle of hypocracy. i say, solve your disagreements in a video game arena. if you really hate someone or someone's ideas, challenge them to a video game duel and beat the living tar outta 'em. just think, you can bring your friends and prove some inocuous point! you'll feel better, and they won't be adding bad karma to your record... unless of course, there's a video game karma
moderator, in which case, we're all screwed

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Szticks

nah they're too busy figuring out how they're gonna force people to believe as they do and of course, it never crosses their minds that this is the same exact thing that bothers them about the other fellow.

it's an endless cycle of hypocracy. i say, solve your disagreements in a video game arena. if you really hate someone or someone's ideas, challenge them to a video game duel and beat the living tar outta 'em. just think, you can bring your friends and prove some inocuous point! you'll feel better, and they won't be adding bad karma to your record... unless of course, there's a video game karma
moderator, in which case, we're all screwed

ok UNDO, please listen to this. you have a unique habbit of ignoring the things that seem to go against whatever you have stated.

you judged me, my religion, my beliefs, and my character
you did that admittedly based on a picture and numbers alone

you backed up your argument with subjective "facts."

i replied with real facts and logic

where is the recant? the appology? the counter?

no instead you judge me more and whine about me asking you to go back to the topic

why not xlucifer?? whaa whaaa.
i will tell you why. i let you two go back and forth for some times. you said things that had nothing to do with the OP and he started by knocking you down with logic and facts. that spiraled into a little dance and i let it go.
then you fill up post after post after post with all of you mythology. ok, well xlucifer stopped and you kept rambling. video clips over and over, nonsense about mysticism that applies in no way to anything i believe.

i originally thought you understood my original post but now you claim i have an agenda, a closed mind, and am a hypocrite. i invite you to reply to my statements here as well as the above about why judging me on the criteria you have is so far from logic, intelligent, thoughtful, or true if you so insist on avoiding the actual topic.

apparently i do need to spell out my original statement since it is misconstrued into an agenda about every two pages.

ATS is about the truth, right?

here is what i find here

pick one from column A and one from B

"A" is satanic. they pracice the following "B"

A B
freemasons human sacrifice
reptillians stealing children
catholics stealing animals
muslims demon conjuring
scientists animal sacrifice
politicians as a whole pedophillia
NWO child pornography
democrats but not republicans murder
republicans but not democrats mass hypnosis
aliens raising the dead
greys but not pleadians cannibalism
pleadians but not greys and on and on and on
and on and on and on

so, with no agenda, and no religion to push

i would like to know how, in a place about the truth, i can keep coming across those combos. each and every one can be looked into and there is NO PROOF of any of it. unless someone here has the magical proof of satanic cults practicing any one of those things, please let me know, we can break it to the FBI together since they still dont have any.

this placeis about the truth

when it comes to satanism, honesty, fact checking, logic, research, and apparently the ability to read, all go out the windo. i expect that on AOL or some crackpot site but not here. i could care less what religion you are. if it works for you, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay that way. hell here is fact number one handed right to you. if i were a satanist, the last thing i would be doing is RECRUITING, proselytizing, or trying to convert anyone. Satanism is a legit religion that can be VERY easily looked into as far as its true nature. it has been explained several times in this thread. but more importantly, they do not want to go gather up every tom dick and harry to join. that is why most churchs are full of sheep and idiots, they were pulled in. if you have no interest in satanis, it has no interest in you. got that. ok
back to the idea that my religion and your religion have NOTHING to do with this thread. i dont want to change anyone's mind about anything except for the fact that on ATS, these kinds of accusations should at least be backed up, or debunked. one way or another shouldn there be some research?

so, if you truly have anything to add to this thread, you will either

a-agree with me, obviously i welcome that; who wouldnt

or

b-pick any one of the crazy combos above, i have seen it in some thread, and go ahead and prove it. then hey, ether way, my case is over and i will not bother you anymore by dragging you to my thread and forcing you to post to it over and over and over and over and over and over again. k? thanks, you're a peach.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Szticks

this bears repeating.

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE. YOU HAVE NOT BEEN RIGHT OR BEEN ABLE TO EXPLAIN HOW YOU MIGHT KNOW IT ANYWAY SO FAR.

IF I WERE THE SATANIST YOU WISH ME TO BE, I WOULD NEVER TRY TO FORCE ANYONE TO THINK AS I DO. if it is not a decision you come to organically on your own, then it is empty and worthless and you might as well be a christian because satanism abhors an empty head that joined because someone talked them into it. that is antithetical to the nature of the church. of course, if you looked into it just a little, you would have known that. but instead you like showing off your encyclopedic knowledge of fables. you might as well quote from harry potter books. its all mumbo jumbo. i am giving no signifigance to symbols, numbers, names, magic, invisible sky men, jewish zombies, none of it. please, show me where i even attempt to force you to see thngs my way, or the satanic way or do not make such accusations to people that cannot read back that far since they have to wade through aesop's index and the princess bride reruns to get back to the original post thanks to you.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

if you really hate someone or someone's ideas, challenge them to a video game duel

i do not hate anyone's ideas. i hate the idea people posting those ideas here when they are completely irrelevant to the actual question that i asked in my OP. i also hate having to hear peoples ideas about their belief systems stated as fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate having to hear about peoples belief systems when i never asked to hear about it and......
get ready because i know you think i have but......
I NEVER POSTED MY BELIEFS ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would like to bring logic, research, and honesty into the realm of ATS where apparently everyone bad is a satan worshipping child raping animal killer. well that doesnt sit well with me since none of it is true. NONE of it is true. NONE OF IT IS TRUE.

you let me know when i have made myself clear to you about why i welcome your posts and thoughts on the subject, just not PAGES OF RELIGIOUS TEXT. i dont care what ideology it follows, whos god it is for, or what prophet you follow. it is not history, it does not apply to the question i asked, and i really do not care.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join