It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds fined $1,000,000 for illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

McDonald\

www.breitbart.com

A company that owns 11 McDonald's restaurants in Nevada was fined one million dollars Wednesday after pleading guilty to employing 58 illegal immigrants.

The company, Mack Associates Inc., knew the employees were illegal immigrants and had offered them names and social security numbers belonging to other people, the US Justice Department said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/16/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
FINALLY - they are holding the real people responsible for the illegal immigrant problem: Big Business.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wow, they offered them social security numbers and ids of other people? I didn't know it went that deep to employ illegal immigrants. A million bucks as a fine? That is paltry. So if they are offering names and social security numbers from other people, doesn't that mean they are stealing them?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Good for them
Now they should be suid for the food they serve LOL

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by astronomine

as far as i understand it, they are SS ID's of dead people

but i could be wrong.

Remember all those occasions were UPS lost personal information for big bank customers?

Maybe McDonald's was in on the conspiracy

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
exact point why ALL illegal immigrant's..needed to be shipped out years ago.

yes they want freedom...i understand.

but at same time they take American's job's...yes the company's allow it which makes it a uphill battle.

make the company's cry because they are forced to hire Americans at a legal wage rate!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
One million dollars? Are you kidding me?

Whoop de do...

McDonalds is a franchise which means that the people who run the particular restaurants run the restaurants...not the McDonalds brand name.
The news is in the franchise owners...not the brand name.

And one million dollars is nothing compared to the amount of money made annually...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i wonder if they are going to market them as Mc Social Security numbers and MC ID's, also do you get fries with em?

-Demandred-

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They should sue Mcdonalds for causing many Americans to become overweight and obese. This is the wrong reason they should be suing for.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Even if they got the franchise owners it does nothing to corporate McD's bottom line. However, I am glad someone is taking some initiative about this.

I have no problem with people coming to this country in order to better their lives. Do it legally, if you are here illegally your committing a crime and therefore are a criminal and need to be deported.

Its good that they got this one franchise, now how about taking a nice thorough sweep through the construction industry so that some American citizens can get some jobs eh? When unemployment is 5.5% that's more than 16,500,000 Americans out of work. That's also 16,500,000 Americans standing in my way of getting a job. This number theoretically can be cut in half if illegal immigrants were deported.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by whatukno]

top topics

join