It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: the rest of the story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The Fox News Channel is now admitting that civil rights leader Jesse Jackson used the word "n—-er" in comments about Barack Obama in front of cameras in Fox News' Chicago bureau. Fox told AP tonight that Jackson said the Democratic presidential candidate was "talking down to black people ... telling n—--rs how to behave" (that sentence fragment having first appeared on TVNewser earlier today).

A Fox News Channel insider told Gawker nearly a week ago that Jackson had used the n-word, although it's not true, as we were told at the time, that the remarks were directed at Obama. Still, there's no small amount of hypocrisy at work on Jackson's part: He once called for a ban on any use of the slur. Fox's confirmation that Jackson used it himseld comes after Fox spent yesterday issuing carefully-calibrated denials about the incident.

Full Article

Shocking.

Do you think South Park will come out with a new episode where Jesse Jackson will have to kiss his own patoot?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Jesse Jackson only cares about himself and his own personal stature. People will say whatever they want to say and that is not going to change. You have to be special kind of idiot to think that you will be able to put a ban on any type of word/term or phrase and be able to enforce it. I am beyond sick and tired of everyone having to be politically correct when it comes to not offending someone by the words you choose to identify them with. People need to have their feelings hurt every once in a while, if you don't like it, go # yourself you #.

The above last sentence is not directed to the poster of this thread, it's a general statement to anyone with thin skin.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Not unless you force them to learn to say it in Spanish!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Not unless you force them to learn to say it in Spanish!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There is obviously a disagreement between Jackson and Obama as to how African Americans should be addressed. IMO Obama has something of the preacher in him; he wants to remind the congregation of their responsibilities not only to themselves but also to others and to the community. Also, I think he wants to make it clear that white people are not the only ones who are ever wrong, that African Americans also have a responsibility for their own destinies and the direction the country is to take.

Jesse Jackson is probably too harsh on Obama; certainly he shouldn't have said it the way he did. But you have to remember his comments weren't meant for the public or even Obama to hear. I know it's a double standard, but if African Americans call each other nasty names that doesn't give others the right to use them too.

I respect Jackson for all the good he has done to promote civil rights in this country, but I do believe Obama's is the way of the future.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

I agree with you about Obama

but i have never had a single ounce of respect for Jesse Jackson. Ever.
and i never will.

He could show up at my door step with a thousand dollar gift for me, and i'd take it, say 'bye' and slam the door in his face.

I rarely use this word, but Jesse Jackson is a complete *snip*ing idiot.
He deserves whatever he gets.

top topics

join