It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Historian Search!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
In addition to the content contest Simon posted, another idea has emerged from the fertile territory of DISC which is somewhat similar in approach. We're looking for an ATS Historian. In much the same way as the content contest; those interested should create a proposal on how you are best suited to be the chronicler of the complex and interesting history of AboveTopSecret.com. Your proposal should not be more than 500 words, and cover the following items: 1) Why we should pick you. 2) Your proposed writing style. 3) Your proposed "angle" of telling the ATS story. 4) How long you think it will take you to tell the ATS story. Submit your proposal to either myself or Kano, and we will post all submissions for the members of DISC to vote on. The winning 5 submission finalists will be presented for all members of the board to choose. After a voting period by members (probably 5 days) the winner will be announced. Upon receiving appointment as ATS Historian, you'll immediately receive an @abovetopsecret.com e-mail account and 10,000 points. Now your task is to interview the appropriate people via e-mail or U2U to compile your chronological essay of the history of ATS, all the way from the early days of Simon toiling alone in thankless drudgery, to the towering achievements of our members and community today. Upon completion of the piece, you'll receive premium upload space on ATS as a reward for your effort (soon to be in the store for 100,000 points). Your finished piece will be posted initially in our board to allow members to vote for one week (using the thread scoring system) on the quality of your work. At the end of the week, you'll receive 5,000 points for each scoring level (1-10) of the final thread rank. A true one-to-one reward for the quality of your work, with a potential of 50,000 points at the top-end. After all that, your finished piece will receive prominent placement on the main website and board.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was at the library doing some geneology stuff on their newtwork newspaper system, and for the hell of it, I found out ATS had a right up in the Los Angeles Times back in 2004, under their article of "Worthy Websites".

If anything, it's a start for whoever assumes the title of Historian.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ok, say we dont know the whole story yet, does this matter? or will one be chosen, then told to find out the history?

will there be bias towards veteran members?

when are final submissions due?

thanks!

-madlove

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

will there be bias towards veteran members?

There obviously should be one seeing that the veterans are the ones who have been here long enough to write the story.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Or maybe an objective observer, someone new to the forum would provide the best insight into the history of the forum through a series of e-mails to the creators, etc...

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Soothsayer wrote:

I found out ATS had a right up in the Los Angeles Times back in 2004

Back in 2004? I thought we were currently in the year now?? Aren't you living in 2004 too?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Whens the deadline for applications to the project?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I would really like to do this, but the lack of time is ym only downfall. From being here so long i could give alot of details and funny stories. when i get some time ill type em all up for yall for an unofficial ats history lesson.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
What's going on with this, anyway?

Bueller......?
DC

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
We're a little behind schedule, but an update will be posted soon. sorry

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugeshotcha
Back in 2004? I thought we were currently in the year now??

It was a tired day when I wrote that... too much going through my mind! Umm... christ, for the life of me, I can't remember the year now... FOR THE ARTICLE. I'll have to check on it again!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Anymore word on the progress of the choosing?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Nope, we need more people to volunteer.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thought this might be the case. Well hey, I'm still up for it. I think it would be fun! Just say go.

DC

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I know its been a while since I sent my application in, but still count me in as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
We don't have enough applications for this effort, if you're interested, please consider putting in your application. Otherwise, we may discontinue this one.

new topics

top topics

join