It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

Huh, with that it's either twisting it all into a self-fulfilling prohecy, or just playing semantics.

Yes I wisted it, and now, I will play semantics.
I suppose I do not believe in "religion".
I believe in "a" religion.
If you want to be "spiritual", I guess you understand everything not material, I do not.
I am not going to leave all these spirits an opportunity to do whatever they want and think everything is going to be fine.
I leave it up to someone I consider to be superior to me, who is master of spirits.
I trust him and not myself.
I would already be dead from old age before I could sort through all the spirits.
In the end, what did I accomplish?
If all you want is a drug, to make you feel good, have at it.
I am sure there is some spirit, out there, who would accommodate you.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
First of all to answer the question, yes I believe in religion, only one of them can be right. You see God would not create a world, the human race, and sit there and not reveal himself to us and leave us in the dark, it just aint happening. So if he does reveal himself to the creation only one of the religions are correct because if all of them are then God is divided against himself in truth which is impossible.

I believe it is the catholic church Jesus created which has produced countless miracle working saints and the fact is he predeicted a church to spread throughout the world and this was prophecied in Malachias and throughout the OT.

and I see today all these (create my own God insanity) I wonder what the real God has to say about people creating their own Gods, where the hell is the truth in that? Souls do this because they want a god that fits their lifestyle to the tee so they create a self made imaginary God that goes with their style.

God wants souls to search, I swear to you he reads our hearts constantly and knows who is searching and who is not. Everybody will be lead to where their sincerity lies.

And souls want to talk about religion tells you what to think. If God revealed truth to apostles through humans and he knew it was true would you not want to know the truth or would you prefer God say to you (you know what I know the truth but think whatever you want and think for yourself, you don't have to know where you come from)

No God tells us a good way to live by for our own good, like mom and dad gave us rules when we were kids, God is absolutely no different.

So to answer the question, yes I believe in God and a revealed truth.

peace.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I'm not asking you if you believe in god. I'm asking if you truly believe in religion. You can believe in god and not believe in religion. You know this don't you?
Well, of course I believe in religion.

There are millions of Christians, millions of Muslims, millions of Jews, millions of Catholics, millions of Hindus, millions of Buddhists.

It doesn't take much to believe in reality. Religion exists.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that looking back at this thread I can't believe how I've made a 180 turnaround with my beliefs. I used to be an atheist (as exemplified here) but now my beliefs have radically changed and I have came to the conclusion that there must have been a divine creator... just looking back at this thread surprises me.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, to kinda answer your Q. The Bible tells us that God is a spirit, and we are to worship Him in spirit. Religion is probably the worst thing that has happened to people who have a genuine interest in reconciling themselves to God. So many people throughout history have twisted, added to, perverted the worship of God that MANY people don't have a clue what is right or what is wrong anymore. Myself included, I'm extremely careful about worshiping God, I don't want to do it in a way that offends Him, or a way that mortal man says is correct, yet God Almighty abhors.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
I like the way you worded your question

An unequivocal NO, no religion for me.

Religion creates fear, hate, intollerance, bogotry, on and on. And in some cases, religion is also the teacher of those things.

I don't know what's wrong with each own person just being spiritual between themself and the one they are spiritual with. I mean, isn't that what is at the core of being spiritual? The oneness? How can any human be one with a spirit, when they maintain that spirituality in religions that can't even sort out WHO that spirit is?

I better stop now.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel religion should be nothing more then stepping stone into self awareness as far as spirituality goes. I feel this should have been stopped long ago when the Vatican became it's own country with police force and etc.. But then again there are a lot of people i notice that can not think without someone telling them what to do and i feel this is due to being ignorant of the world around them and I mean ignorant = uneducated and not stupid there 2 separate things to me.

I guess what i should have said is no I absolutely do not believe in religion as it has caused more problems then fixed.

It's Peanut butter Jelly Time

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Religion unfortunately exists, but I don't approve of it.

We don't know if god exists, but I don't believe it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by leapoffaith

I feel that god's existence or the form of a supreme divine creator is inherent. We know that the Universe was not just created out of thin air. Be it God a person or something like the sort God can be a person or a spirit or a force that created it all. That's the conclusion I've came up with.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

The Big Bang is an "information cusp" through which we cannot directly observe.
The singularity that commences the Big Bang is a completely homogenizing entity, destroying all information or echoes of information regarding what preceded it.
As such, the only thing that can be said with certainty is that the Big Bang is the point at which the universe became like it is now.

It provides us no basis whatsoever for asserting that it is the point at which the universe began.

One position would certainly be that the cause was a "sentient" one (i.e. a "god" or "gods"), and the other is that the cause was non-sentient.

Neither requires the cause to be a "first existent."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join