It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Drop in Demand for Gas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
High Gas Prices have made people to be wise and come up with all sorts of Innovative Ideas.

Some have resorted to Walking thereby solving the Obesity Problem. Some have resorted to Bicycles thereby solving the pollution problem and some have resorted to Alternative Fuel, thereby killing the Oil Cartels Monopoly.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Is this 'current event' related to a news story, or are you just messing around?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I don't think it's time to celebrate quite yet, but in the writing is on the wall. We just have to wait another 10 years before oil is no longer like the gold it is today.

I make less trips in the car, I combine trips and I ride my bike.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They also have cut back buying vehicles harming the economy. They also have cut back on eating out, going to movies, taking vacations, maxing out credit cards, doing without other luxuries. All slowing down our economy.

On the bright side, at least this mess will open up more drilling right here in the United States so we can end our dependence of foriegn oil.

George Bush is doing his part. What will Congress do to end the "Pelosi Premium?"

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

More drilling will solve nothing except make the oilmen richer.

Keep your eye on the up coming plug in cars, 100mpg cars, & air cars.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

More drilling equals more supply which equals lower prices.

I like the idea of plug in cars, 100 mpg cars, and even air cars....BUT

But wait... according to Democrat/Enviro-whacko logic, none of this will happen for many years. So why bother?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
George Bush is doing his part.

As if the oil executives and speculators give a rats # what George Bush is doing

Originally posted by RRconservative
More drilling equals more supply which equals lower prices.

No, more drilling equals more supply to be speculated on and potentially damaged by natural disasters or war with Iran.

All more drilling does is gives them more oil to sell at $5 a gallon.

Its the speculators who are causing the price hikes, not a shortage of oil. Your President, George W. Bush, and the incompetents in Congress are doing the same thing to curb the speculation on future oil prices - nothing.

[edit on 7/17/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Is this 'current event' related to a news story, or are you just messing around?

Just for your information, Yes.....right now, this is definately the most biggest Problem facing the World, it is definately a Global Problem. The Oil Speculators hedge their Gambling Bets on Anything and Everyrhing and they Sell items that have not yet been Produced, Harvested or Manufactured, therefore....Yes , This is a Major Problem facing everyone, with Massive Hikes in Oil Prices, Food Prices and it is only those who are stuffed with Gold in their Wallets, that are not Complaining, they only represent 0.5% of the World Population.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Err.. Atleast they are texas oilmen! Not arabs.

Besides, how the hell are we supposed to power the plugins? 350 million cars juicing up every night requires (according to NEA) 4000 new coal power plants.

We really need to just drill now. And wait it out till we get sustainable Hydrogen energy. Electric isnt the answer, its a trap. Its going to make global warming even worse.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by soup_sandwich]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Wel hydrogen isn't the answer either unless you like more EPA regulations and lawyers. Electric cars, nuclear power and wind power is a good start and make heating homes with oil against the law.

mikell

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

Besides, how the hell are we supposed to power the plugins? 350 million cars juicing up every night requires (according to NEA) 4000 new coal power plants.

Charging batteries doesn't require any more power plants - I don't believe it will. If it comes down to it we can use clean energy such as solar panels, windmills or waterwheels to charge the batteries. We have such inefficient homes in America, that we could probably charge the batteries by just turning off a few lights or insulating our homes better.

Even if we did have to build a few coal plants (which I don't believe), at least we could produce the coal ourselves on our land. Let's see, millions of cars spewing exhaust fumes into the atmosphere or a few new clean burning coal plants that don't require Army's of our children pissing off half the planet.

While it's true a few Americans will profit, the fact of the matter is the multinational oil corporations are not owned by Americans. It is they & those who control(with our soldiers help sometimes) the ground they pump from who are getting fat. It's not hard to see where the profits are going - all you need to do is see who's building all the big buildings on our planet and who's buying all the airplanes and other luxuries in our world.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Plug in cars use fossil fuels indirectly so theyre a great idea if you dont mind robbing peter to pay paul.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think alternate energy cars is America's chance to get the auto industry back here in the USA. We need to take the plunge.

Ama

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

As I've said before they don't have to use fossil fuels, it is a perfect chance to sell little solar powered generators along with the automobile at the time of purchase and give a big tax break on the purchase.

Besides even if it does continue to require fossil fuels at least they can be burned more efficiently while charging the batteries instead of burn on demand as we do now.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Around the office I work in, I have noticed more and more people riding bikes to work now. It used to be 2 or 3 that ride atleast once a week, now its more like 10-15 that ride atleast 3 times a week now.

I have also noticed more and more people are intrested in getting fit. Walking on lunch breaks, and starting to work out daily.

[edit on 7/17/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by soup_sandwich

Charging batteries doesn't require any more power plants - I don't believe it will. If it comes down to it we can use clean energy such as solar panels, windmills or waterwheels to charge the batteries. We have such inefficient homes in America, that we could probably charge the batteries by just turning off a few lights or insulating our homes better.

Even if we did have to build a few coal plants (which I don't believe), at least we could produce the coal ourselves on our land. Let's see, millions of cars spewing exhaust fumes into the atmosphere or a few new clean burning coal plants that don't require Army's of our children pissing off half the planet.

While it's true a few Americans will profit, the fact of the matter is the multinational oil corporations are not owned by Americans. It is they & those who control(with our soldiers help sometimes) the ground they pump from who are getting fat. It's not hard to see where the profits are going - all you need to do is see who's building all the big buildings on our planet and who's buying all the airplanes and other luxuries in our world.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

Fortune Magazine has released their Global 500 list of the top international companies, and to no one's surprise, thanks to their obscene record profits, Big Oil companies hold 6 of the top 10.

www.oilwatchdog.org.../ExxonMobil

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As I've said before they don't have to use fossil fuels, it is a perfect chance to sell little solar powered generators along with the automobile at the time of purchase and give a big tax break on the purchase.

Besides even if it does continue to require fossil fuels at least they can be burned more efficiently while charging the batteries instead of burn on demand as we do now.

are you speaking in current or future tense? currently its costs a lot of money to produce solar power, $100,000 USD for a decent home setup. Couple that with the fact that you have to recharge your car to get home also and its not practical. Theres no portable solar power station that will power your car ATM, and theres no infrastructure to support it if we had it.

I'm all for it, they will be able to do it someday, but its certainly not causing a drop in oil consumption now.

The ideal setup would be biofuel/solar hybrid. Right now you can do that but it costs roughly $7.00/gallon USD. You can get recycled biofuel for less than regular fuel, but its a very limited resource, although a step in the right direction.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Current and of course mostly future - I realize were not quite ready for something completely portable nor was I meaning to power your entire home. Maybe just a couple panels on a separate circuit for charging batteries - might even have a second set of batteries that you could charge in the day when you're away.

Now of course there are people who have full solar in their homes already and those of us that don't, just have to pay less the 5 dollars worth of power at today's prices to for a full charge - from what I understand. Where I live we are on hydro power - so the water and gravity create our electricity - pretty inexpensive & clean except for the maintenance & infrastructure.

Maybe something like the Aptera that claims to have a battery range of at least 120 miles and has a gas hybrid version that includes a generator to recharge your batteries and net you 100-300 mpg.

Or even an Air Car that runs on compressed air and cost 2-3 dollars of electricity & 4-6 hours for the compressor that comes with it to refill the tanks which goes over 120 miles.

Once these begin to be mass produced they will practically market themselves. I look at high oil prices as short term pain - long term benefit and we'll all be breathing cleaner air as well. I think oil will have to remain expensive, but we wont be as dependent on it or use as much per capita.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I guess Congress is noticing us using less gas. Which means less revenue for the government. You know what Democrats do when they get less revenue? Cut spending?
Yeah right!

How about raising the gas tax? Us using less means government is getting less.

money.cnn.com...

Now, lawmakers quietly are talking about raising fuel taxes by a dime from the current 18.4 cents a gallon on gasoline and 24.3 cents on diesel fuel.

Win can't win. Use less and they will tax you more!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Tata to Produce Air-power Car

www.worldcarfans.com...

In something that some may call a whole load of hot air, Tata Motors, a division of India’s largest conglomerate, has announced it will start selling a car in India by 2009. A car, you might wonder? Yes. A car. Not the usual petrol/ diesel/ hybrid run-of-the-mill car we’ve known for over 100 years. No. This one runs on air. Yes. The type we breathe in and out everyday, the one found almost everywhere on earth.

The five-seater OneCAT (irony) should weigh about 350kg. Work has already started, according to the inventor of the engine system to be used, a Frenchman by the name of Guy Negre. Negre has been working on this concept for over ten years, and says it’s finally ready for production. Tata is just the right partner for him to go with. Tata is the only licensee allowed to sell the car, and for now sales will be limited to India.

www.worldcarfans.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join