It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you consider Food and Water to be a Human Right?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think it is human right until the government shows up and says you can't drink, hunt, fish or plant here any more.

It cost a lot of money to clean water up and pipe it into homes though. Someone has to pay the bill.

Also herding is the best way to get any type of meat to avoid hunting animals into extinction, wasting a lot of time and wishing for luck to catch something. Fences and food for animals cost money. Some one has to pay the bill.

To plant crops takes a lot of work, you either have to feed the mule or buy diesel and pay a tractor payment as well as buy seeds. Some one has to pay the bill.

I think its basic human right to have access to these things but you have to share the bill somehow.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...

The denial of the things one needs to be alive, to enjoy liberty and happiness, considering we supposedly have the right to pursue these things would be considered a crime according to the law of the land where we live.

Some smart fellas came up with some rather novel ideas after living in and studying the unfair treatment of people by the church, the monarchies and other tyrannical governments in history, and tried to come up with something better.

If you are alive you have the right to those things you need to remain alive, no one has the right to deny anyone of those things whether or not some horse-crap law written to justify such tyranny has been written.

I am a man, not a "Human Resource" to be exploited like a piece of ore dug from the ground.

The things that things are called can make it rather obvious where we are headed.

"Human Resource?".

NO...

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Believe me, nobody who is in a position to sell you what you need to survive really cares about driving any species into extinction or destroying habitats for wildlife.

There's a whole lotta posturing and bull# being spewed to get you to buy the junk they provide, but in reality they don't care about anything but the bottom line and making a sale.

Recycling is a joke, nuclear power is a joke, water quality and air quality is a joke.

It's all just one giant sick joke.

No harm though, they're not serious, they're just kidding, they're LLC.

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightmare
Yes, everybody has the right to basic needs such as food, water, and shelter. The real question is...who should be obligated to provide it? The government or the individual?

The government doesn't want to provide it and it doesn't want YOU to provide it for yourself either. It wants you to PAY other humans for your GOD-GIVEN RIGHT to live.

I can't count the times I've read about authorities making it as difficult as possible, if not IMpossible, for folk to grow their own foods, or build their own homes, or provide their own energy, etc., and charge ridiculous fees to apply for and grant permissions/licenses, etc, or create 'laws' and more hoops to jump through. So when government won't let you provide life's basic requirements for yourself, but allows others to hoard and profiteer from food, water, shelter, etc, by SELLING them to you, then surely gov has a responsibility to ensure you at least have the means with which to buy what you need?

If gov doesn't want to provide basic human requirements for life, then it should make it much easier for people to provide their own.
edit on 1-6-2014 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Mankind considers himself to be the most advanced creature on the planet, but in reality is the stupidest member of the animal kingdom.

I gotta go to Wal-Mart now and do some hunting and gathering....

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If you couldn't afford water or food, or had no access to it, I think the answer would be clear. We can only debate about such things because all of us still eating and drinking. There's a sort of arrogance to the whole concept of issuing Access rights to a World which is owned by NOBODY and belongs to ALL living beings.

But as long as economics, gain (money) is tied to basic human needs, hunger will always exist. Because money always ends up being the restricting factor. It's not human morality and ethics holding up the show, it's money and power. And the only reason most of us don't see it this way, is because we can still afford these basic needs.

Without money, you experience a different kind of World. Living in that World, the answer to the question of this OP, is painfully obvious.

edit on 2-6-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Actually, a better thread would be, "Do you consider air to be a basic human right?" It is only a matter of time before the aristocrats convince us that air is bad (or they pollute the air so much that is truly is bad), package clean air, and sell it to us. Those who cannot pay are left to breath in "bad" air, and suffer, like the Africans in Africa who drink poor water.

It is funny. Every summer I see you filthy americans watering your lawns. Imagine, instead, if you took that water, put it in bottles, and sent it to Africa. Although I wouldn't want anyone to drink our tap water, it definitely beats the dysentery-infested water that many Africans are drinking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join