It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't we be ready?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by meddled
Why would there be looting and chaos though?

Because Chaos is the only thing that will bring Delta.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
How could we prepare for extraterrestrial life when we dont have a clue what to expect?? We dont know when theyre coming, much less if they ever are coming. We dont know how they act or what they will want with us. There is no way to prepare for this type of situation.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I agree with JustAnIllusion. I feel that our governments have realized that they could never give disclosure on the subject without suffering negative effects (for the governments, not us). So IMO, the policy is cover up and denial until the subject eventually slips out of their grasp either through a major mistake, accident, or alien performed disclosure. It has to happen some day and they dread that day like no other.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
At the very least it's possible that our leaders have been compelled by them not to tell the general population.

Are we ready? Nope, we are working on it though.

I truely believe there would be major problems that would compound into some sort of chaos that could lead us to marshal law etc. In that respect I support non-disclosure policy as it protects our way of life, at least for the time being. Even though I have the burning desire to learn more.

Remember though, learning more can be a catch 22.

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It is Possible that theres nothing to tell........ i mean not to be the scetptical bugger, but if there was nothing to tell people would still think there was, its human nature, like the way if there was no god people create a god, for instance we all know the greek gods dont exist, but the ancient greeks thought they did, infact almost all civilisations, which have for the most part developed in isolation have come up with gods, and conspiracy theories leading back to ancient times, im not saying i know whats true, but i dont think anybody does, you all have beliefs

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well, if it wasn't for the fact that the Air Force publicly investigated a supposedly non-existent phenonmenon for about 22 years, which took 3 whole investigations with two separate conclusions, I would suggest there could be nothing to it as well.

Project Sign's conclusion was never publicly announced, but reported by those involved that it concluded that UFOs were likely ET in origin. Grudge disregarded all sightings as nothing but natural events or hallucinations, and Blue Book took even longer to come to the same conclusion as Grudge. And this is despite people involved with Blue Book (like Dr. Allen Hynek) saying that the conclusions did not match the data.

And then you have government documented UFO cases left out of Blue Book that show that something other than prosaic explanations could resolve. In 1975 so many SAC bases had UFO invasions that NORAD had to come out and publicly admit to at least one of them.

Ghosts, gods, and other such things have never had much in the way or length of time of investigation as this particular phenomenon by any government body.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I agree with JustAnIllusion. I feel that our governments have realized that they could never give disclosure on the subject without suffering negative effects (for the governments, not us). So IMO, the policy is cover up and denial until the subject eventually slips out of their grasp either through a major mistake, accident, or alien performed disclosure. It has to happen some day and they dread that day like no other.

Maybe once the government realizes that they can no longer contain the information, or at least some of the information, maybe they will start a massive program that is meant to help people move into the reality that UFO's exist. Given such a large governmental effort and the fact that most people will trust the government implicitly in a time of crisis (read 9/11 and war on Irag), I believe it would really be moderately successful.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm sure that if our governments could have their way, that they would tell us UFOs are hostile and we have to be protected from them at all costs despite the lack of any invasion for decades (if not longer). I suspect they would have already done that but have likely found out whatever is piloting these things that they would not allow themselves to be maligned as such and would prove our governments wrong about their intentions. Now I'm sure ETs aren't particularly friendly given how secretive they are, but they aren't warmongering terrorists bent on taking over the earth either. With some UFOs being gigantic in size, our governments could not stop some of them if they tried and aliens could easily announce what they are really here for.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There sure are many types of intelligent species out there and some of them are indeed observing us. ( www.ufoarea.com... )
And NASA must be hiding something really big about the mars mission�

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I'm sure that if our governments could have their way, that they would tell us UFOs are hostile and we have to be protected from them at all costs despite the lack of any invasion for decades (if not longer). I suspect they would have already done that but have likely found out whatever is piloting these things that they would not allow themselves to be maligned as such and would prove our governments wrong about their intentions. Now I'm sure ETs aren't particularly friendly given how secretive they are, but they aren't warmongering terrorists bent on taking over the earth either. With some UFOs being gigantic in size, our governments could not stop some of them if they tried and aliens could easily announce what they are really here for.

What would be gained by the government telling everyone that the aliens are hostile? If anything it would just cause more panic and chaos than if not. Maybe it would be an excuse for marshall law, but I doubt even marshall law would be able to control the hysteria if people believed an alien race was coming to attack and enslave all of mankind. There was just be mass rioting, probably with the soldiers rioting as well.

If anything, the aliens would have to come down to tell everyone that, no, we are not here to enslave everyone. We're just curious. Would the government lose anything by this? I doubt it. This is where the government stands to gain in that they could be seen as ultimately diplomatic and seal their names in history for making a peaceful first contact with an alien species. I"m sure their approval ratings would sky rocket.

Of course this is assuming there not be massive mistrust of the aliens. But I honestly believe there would not be, because I'm sure if people saw that they had the science to make it here from whevever they came from, then they would have better weapons than we could even dream about and if they wanted to use them, they would have already. I doubt there is anything we would really be able to do to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join