It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not one attack?? PLEASE :(

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Nice thread. Good to see no bickering between two people for a change.

I cant decide wich way to go on this subject. But I would like to add this thought. Check out the FDA and CDC stumbiling around in the dark trying to figure out the source of the Salminilla outbreak.

I mean if this was a attack (or not) they cant even decide if it was tomatoes or jalepenos, where it came from or how it spread. Now almost 1200 people country wide. I dont think this says alot for homeland security measures.

www.cdc.gov...

Our food and water supplies are vunerable. There was also another recal on beef last week 5.3 million pounds. Why so many outbreaks in the last few years?

Hopefully they peform better in the event of a biological attack.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've wondered about this as well. IMHO, part of it is because of the audience being played to: we live in fast-moving societies where the attention span to everyday news items is small.

911 was a BIG EVENT, grand gestures. The London attack was a synchronised assault on on the capital's public transport network, again a fairly grandiose scheme; Madrid, too.

Terrorism, by it's very nature has to be attention-seeking. To do large-scale, huge-casualty jobs takes serious, undisrupted time to sort out the planning, phasing and execution.

Attacks in Iraq or Afghanistan don't necessarily need that. There doesn't have to be accomodation for CCTV, evac and advanced counter-terrorism units, so a truckload of explosives outside a market will be relatively straightforward. A bus-bomber in, say, Israel could be blown to pieces with no chance of knowing who they were. Here, in the West, there's the chance of a CCTV capture which allows detection back to ID, to associates, and a whole spiderweb of other dangers to a terrorist cell.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ItstheShizzle]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

So...people must die to show we are actually under the threat of death.

Interesting.

Maybe it is as simple as we have their number.

Did you remember that Al queada said the fight is in Iraq?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
i think that your question has merit but the reasons for it not happening i think is a combination of cultural,political and idealogical differences in those here in the states and those that would do us alleged harm. every group has its own brand of radicals. the main difference is that here in the us most of those groups generally express their opinons in more peaceful ways,protests, demonstrations and such. we have never had a culture that glorified the murdering of innocents. it is alien to us. the average american would turn in someone that they thought posed a threat. at that point your various alphabet agencies generaly come in and gather up the malcontents. couple that with the hieghten scrutiney of the authorities on the borders and checkpoints,not to mention a lack of local base support and you have a situation in which an outsider would find it very difficult to operate for long

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Perhaps the "terrorists" are just properly fulfilling their role in the grand plan: "We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here".

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The government has been doing a good job. Not much you can say...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I don't think you are going to get too many 'attacks'. At least you shouldn't. The skeptics that feel the 'Official Story' of 911 is what really happened won't be that angry. They will simply come out with the small stories like the pizza delivery guys that had their 'terror' plans thwarted and so on. They will simply say that the security is doing their job. They will ignore the overwhelming coincidences that would have to take place in order to prevent something like a small attack from happening.

This has been a point I have been pushing, along with many others on this site. Why? Why hasn't there been something, anything. A car bomb (easy to make with common household items) and so on. Yet, nothing. Nada. Zip. And the TSA gets extremely poor grades from agencies that grade their anti-terror precautions. They only caught this team smuggling things through into airports something like once out of dozens of attempts and major airports. It's pathetic.

Yet nothing has happened. There are supposedly MANY more than just a few million that hate us. There are many here that hate this government. Yet nothing.

There's a reason and many have hit it on the head. THERE ARE NOT TERRORISTS! Well, at least not like the government would have you believe. They want you, me, him and her scared to death so that they can keep pushing legislation through that will give them more power and more money. It would be very interesting indeed to see just how much money Bush and his cohorts had in the accounts before the election and just how much they would be worth now. I'll bet you that their net worth has increased at a much higher rate than it would have on their salary alone.

It's all a big joke and they have benefited from it.

Here is an excellent thread on an article that was written by a former CIA agent who spent 23 years in service to this nation. He actually worked on terrorism.

Link to thread on ATS

When you start to connect the dots you begin to see just how much BS this government and MSM feed the people on a daily basis. I'm surprised people even walk out of their homes anymore.

Power to the PEOPLE (in charge....)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i had this very chat with a close friend over a few beers a while back.

we both couldnt understand why there hadnt been more attacks in the US/UK.
and i mean random attacks like the ones stated in the thread starter, someone looking to blow up a few people here and there.

i think 7/7 (london bombings) seems a 1 off event now.
i really expected more of these world wide in so called "free" countries

the days after 7/7, here in the UK. i must admit sending my 2 kids on the bus to school felt wierd, and me and the kids mother worried our arses off big time

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i think that your question has merit but the reasons for it not happening i think is a combination of cultural,political and idealogical differences in those here in the states and those that would do us alleged harm. every group has its own brand of radicals. the main difference is that here in the us most of those groups generally express their opinons in more peaceful ways,protests, demonstrations and such. we have never had a culture that glorified the murdering of innocents. it is alien to us. the average american would turn in someone that they thought posed a threat. at that point your various alphabet agencies generaly come in and gather up the malcontents. couple that with the hieghten scrutiney of the authorities on the borders and checkpoints,not to mention a lack of local base support and you have a situation in which an outsider would find it very difficult to operate for long

I'm sorry but I must disagree with your assumption here. You think that the border patrols are heightened? All they do now is check to make sure you brought your passport or birth certificate along so you can get back in. I have crossed the borders MANY times since the 'heightened' security began. Not once have I been stopped. Just "Can I see your ID please. Where are you going? How long are you staying? Did you bring anything back?" Same story, different song. The 'image' of heightened security is all that it is.

Also, it has NOT slowed the illegal immigration into this country. So that is where we find ourselves. And, if someone is a hard worker with little English they can find a job in virtually every state that farms. So anyone could just get buy with little notice.

Just because they would be terrorists doesn't mean they will stand out like a sore thumb. They would blend in to this multi-national country like peas in pea soup.

I hated to rain on your theory but it just doesn't stand up to the test. If a terrorist wanted into this country they would get in. Period. Since there are so many that supposedly hate us (well, now there are. Used to be that we were welcome in the world until Bush took over), we would have literally thousands of terrorists in this nation with the odds saying only a small portion would be caught.

That brings us back to the OP. Why? Why haven't there been any further events? Even a stick of dynamite going off at a little league game in Boring Washington? (Real town. I promise. Yes, it's very boring there.)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Anyone can be a 'bad' guy. Thats what organized people dread. And yes its very easy to commit insane acts against your fellow man with the right planning and belief in your cause.

Just here in minnesota there was a well organized gun robbery where over 30 guns were hijacked. the lengths at which they went through to achieve this robbery is described in this link.

www.myfoxtwincities.com...

And then this happened in the same area...

www.myfoxtwincities.com...

So whos the bad people? Its anyone who thinks they have power or control over another. Plain and simple, if you live your life to the golden rule no one can ever have power over you. If more people at the fair grounds had acted to help this man like they themselves would have wanted his injurys wouldnt have been so severe and the people who perpitrated the assault would have been served more humility and justice by the masses then in a jail filled with their ilk.

People need to wake up and tell everyone they meet that they are not alone in this life and we are here to help not hurt each other.

Point is there are attacks everyday that are allowed to countinue by everyone.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by daemonicsoul]

[edit on 17-7-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

So...people must die to show we are actually under the threat of death.

Interesting.

Maybe it is as simple as we have their number.

Did you remember that Al queada said the fight is in Iraq?

And what does Al Queada stand for? "The Database". It was the project name giving to the CIA operation in which the CIA built up a force of dissidents to help cripple the Soviet Union in what is now called 'their Vietnam'. Of course the skeptics will say it is BS.

Do we have their number? Really? Then why are we still 'struggling' in Iraq? Why would they say the fight is in Iraq when they were never welcomed there before? Why wouldn't the fight be in Afghanistan which is where their base of operations is supposed to be? Wouldn't that be the logical place for the 'fight'?

Your statements don't really make much sense my friend. If we were so good then why so many mistakes in these wars on terror?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

its not the bad guys as you call them,doing this stuff! it is our own gov. cia the ones that are supposed to be protecting us, they are the ones that are doing most of the terrorism stuff. weather it is them paying off someone to do this or; years of planning for # to take place its OUR OWN GOVERNMENT! there's my reply, look back at 911 it was them,no matter what u know or wanna think, there's proof ! don't believe every thing the media throws in your face._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Here's a thought on why. Whether it's true or not is another question...

During the cold war, the Soviet Union according to some (I can't remember where I read this, so a grain of salt may be indicated...), had real problems putting agents in deep cover here in the states, as well as western Europe. The reason? Quite simply those agents got here, with the best/worst of intentions, but were then quietly subverted by the very social structure they were sent to undermine.

The same thing, sort of, may be happening here. Terrorist groups are being sent, presumably, and are running afoul of the very same thing. They come to realize that we aren't the Great Satan, and are much more tolerant then they are lead to believe.

Just my take on it...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Here's a thought on why. Whether it's true or not is another question...

During the cold war, the Soviet Union according to some (I can't remember where I read this, so a grain of salt may be indicated...), had real problems putting agents in deep cover here in the states, as well as western Europe. The reason? Quite simply those agents got here, with the best/worst of intentions, but were then quietly subverted by the very social structure they were sent to undermine.

The same thing, sort of, may be happening here. Terrorist groups are being sent, presumably, and are running afoul of the very same thing. They come to realize that we aren't the Great Satan, and are much more tolerant then they are lead to believe.

Just my take on it...

And a truly logical take. This makes sense to an extent. That means that they would need to be embedded into society for a long enough time to be subverted. Wouldn't it also be logical then that they would come in and attack quickly? Tough to say.

How about this argument.

It could just be that the 'terrorists' are fabricated by our government.

Do I believe that acts of terror have taken place in the world? Yes. Of course. Do I believe it to the extent our government and MSM would like us to believe? Nope. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Another reason why ATS is killing ATS....

This has been done to death. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,,,

The "evil bush administration"

"terroism" did not exist before 911.....

"big oil is evil"

Defense contractors behind it all,,,,

blah, blah, blah.....

yawn, yawn, yawn.....

the cops are stupid,

the fbi doesn't know anything....

CIA,,,,idiots

DEA...morons.......................

BUT. only here on ATS do we know the trueth.......

oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaVillen

Actually, there have many cells that have been found and taken down. A few months ago, 2 florida arab students were pulled over heading to washington, in their trunk was enough explosives to kill about 50 people.

They also caught 4 arab men coming in from mexico with assorted parts and electronic gear, those part were later identified as being for a small nuclear device.

# is going on that does not get reported on or is retracted so fast because they dont want to alarm anyone,

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Another question would be when has the US ever taken a REAL terrorist attack?

I think it was 22nd July 1916 bombing at parade in San Francisco, California 10 people died.

long time ago

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Anything is possible, however unlikely. I don't believe so, but our gov't. has done some truely reprehensible things in the past. So who truely knows for sure. I'd have to say nobody, contrary to claims otherwise.

If the proof of gov't. duplicity is so ironclad, why no trials, etc...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Right now here in the USA we have a dollar in free fall, a stock market in decline, oil prices out of control, gas the same, the economy on the edge of collapse (GM, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, IndyMac, Bear Stearns, and many other Banks on the brink)......we are at the edge of a cliff and one little nudge could set the USA on the road to collapse....We know it and the baddies in the Middle East know it. So why don't they strike now.....you know.....kick the dog while he is down.......and put the USA out of the picture for good. But they don't and they won't because they never did. It was US.......it has always been US......and it will always be US........until "We the People" rise up and boot these Dems and Reps back to HELL where they belong.

Just my take

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ya it's extremely safe to say that noone has even gone postal really in the good ol' united states of America in a while! The biggest fear we realy have right now is the weather, and mother nature. Is she on the watch list?
Meanwhile we have gone and torn up a better part of the middle east and made the other part of it more wealthy than us. SWEET!!!!

It's time to take action to secure our borders and keep illegal aliens from destroying our economy w/ bad mortgages and cheap labor, while "we the people" fight and picker amongst ourselves over gas prices. You can't even get gov. bennifits, if your white in this country. ( I'm not racist ) You go to the unemployeement office and, or welfare, or medicade and all the employees are imigrants and basically refuse you service if your white and where born here. You gotta jump thru hoops to get attention. If your Mexican, Dominican, Haition, Puertorican, or Jamaican, it's no problem. Sure here ya go we'll let the poor ass white guy w/ no bennies pay for all your bennies. It's KAKA!!!!

The " three initial agencies " are doing what exactly. Why are all these people here for free who don't even belong, or try to go thru the proper channels. They get fake papers and boom you gotta a job, benifits, loans, and free food! Gimmie a break. It's time to fight the terror here. I live in Florida and it's getting really, really crapy. The only terror is the econo,y and nature. Leave the poor people in the desert alone, and come take care of the mess here!

---from an United States citizen who has lil, or no rights left ( and I'm not even a felon )

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Young minded old soul]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join