It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Your Own Water!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Holy crap. I was just curious today and entered "how to make water" and came up with a # of companies that manufacture units that literally make water from air! Some of these units can produce 1,600 gallons per day! There are even portable units run on heating oil that can be hauled to emergencies.

A. Totally gives lie to the BS water shortage they are trying to make us believe. Granted, desalination units had already made that a joke, but this is accessible for all parts of the world. Fully blows all that, "we're running out of water" crap...out of the water (sorry, could NOT resist)
B. Why wouldn't cities and more importantly, farmers and ranchers, use this technology?
C. Wouldn't it be great to use this for your own home?

Can't wait to see what others think about this. It kinda blew my mind.

Also, does anyone know the name of the company who makes gasoline out of garbage and has anyone ever heard of Byron Wine?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by leaderof theTFHbrigade

Hey Sandler, Wanna post up a link so we can see what you're talking about? Sounds kinda interesting and very trendy!!

Becker

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well the problem with most desalination plants is that they require a lot of energy .... might that be the same with these ideas? Fine if you have a lot of cheap electricity or petrol .....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Woah, wait, what?

Making water? Alright, it's obvious where they get the oxygen from, but what are they using as their source of hydrogen?

[edit]
Oh wait, are they talking about extracting moisture from the air? I knew about that some time ago... but the issue there is it's dependent on the precipitation of that area.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
did a google on it , might be this one

Watair

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

There are actually a # of companies that do this, but this one has decent products: www.aquamagic.us...

I like this one best, though: www.airwatercorp.com...

5,000 liters per day!

Wow.

here's how they describe their units:

"The Air Water Atmospheric Water Generator is a humidity and temperature driven machine. This means the machine totally depends on the level of humidity in the air and the temperature to produce water. Ideally, the humidity level should be at least 55% or above to achieve the machine's optimum performance. In places with lower humidity level, the machine will still produce water but not as quickly, nor as much as in places with high level of humidity. In the house environment, higher level of humidity tends to be around the kitchen area, near an open window or in more spacious rooms. Units also perform well in an air-conditioned room, but it is recommended to open the window at night to make the room ventilated.

The machine also depends on the temperature to operate at its’ optimum level. The ideal temperature is 65o F or above. Because your AirWater Corporation Atmospheric Water Generator works by converting the humidity in the air to water, this unit also acts as an effective dehumidifier. In areas with high humidity, the AirWater Corporation Atmospheric Water Generator not only acts as a good water generator, but also a perfect dehumidifier to keep you healthy and ensure your home appliances a long service time."

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My dehumidifier makes water from the air everyday, although I don't think I'm supposed to drink it.

(edit - oops, dehumidifiers already mentioned. my bad.)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
THe problem with these water scarce places is that they are very low humidity. These machines would not help much in the areas that really need it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Anyone can make water.

They need to remember to flush afterwards, though.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I made a atmospheric water generator out of a new Kolin Dehumidifier KDM-18, it cost $260, and a small 6 stage filter system passes through a ceramic filter then activated charcoal and silver carbon filter, then a WSM-300 antibac filter, a silica sand filter, Zeolite filter, a mineral sand filter and in the storage tank are mineral stones the unit only cost $20.

It holds up to 12 liters in the storage tank and another 7 in the upper tank where it slowly goes through the ceramic filter.

I clean the air filter everyday and have taped all the seams to keep dust and bugs out of the dehumidifier.

The water goes into the ceramic filter area at 7.0pH when it is finished it is at 8.0pH.

I added a UV lamp in the top from a living water distiller so the water is also exposed to UV for added protection against viruses. the UV power unit and lamp cost around $100.

Also to protect the investment I use a servo voltage regulator in case of black/brown outs and low voltage $75.

total investment $455 plus .50cents for I meter of 1/2 inch clear vinyl tubing. you can get it from a aquarium store.

It uses 330watts at a cost of about 6 cents per hour for six hours daily and it makes enough drinking water for the family to drink each day.
edit on 17-6-2012 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

join