It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bohemian Grove 2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
the future of the western nations are discussed in the BG.
Believing that the worlds elite class just gets together to have fun in a "anything goes" party is naive at worst.

Beliveing that the worlds elite class have to go to BG to discuss secret manuevers is equally naive.

they are the most powerfull people in the world, they have secure phone lines and private jets. why would they go to discuss the biggest secrets in the world in a place where you only have to jump the parameter and sneak through to woods to evesdrop on them.

people have been claiming that these things have been going on at the grove for over 50 years... if that were true... the first report would have been the last report because they would have packed up and moved.

there are BILLIONS of square miles of land on this world that are more secure... why would they continue to use a location that was obviously comprimised decades ago. security issues would demand that they move if they were really up to something.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Chapel
the dead have been the perfect cover as members of the NWO for years....seriously. Surprised everyone here didn't know that. A lot of the famous members of the counter-culture movement are also actually long standing members of several NWO organizations.

One of the members of the doobie brothers is on staff at the DoD and has top level security clearances, he can see stuff that is literally "Above top secret"

Maybe there was more to "Godzilla" then we thought

Interesting pic there btw with Regan and company, but nixons head looks like it was photo shopped on.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Secret Master]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Secret Master

Here's a useful piece, written by a University of California, Santa Cruz professor that offers an academician's perspective on the Bohemian Club and its Bohemian Grove -- addressing it more from an organizational behavior / sociological implication standpoint.

sociology.ucsc.edu...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think "weaving spiders come not here" is actually a reference to Sumerian Goddess Uttu.

Look at the wiki article and I think you'll agree

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I think "weaving spiders come not here" is actually a reference to Sumerian Goddess Uttu ...

Nice spider synergy, but doubtful in this particular context and as regards the motto of the club. Let me offer another explanation.

The Bohemian Club's own device is an owl. The owl is traditionally an emblem of wisdom and the symbol associated with Athena / Minerva -- the ancient Greco-Roman goddess of wisdom.

Recall the symbolic tension that exists between the owl (Athena / enlightened wisdom) and the spider (Arachne / earthly aspiration) -- as revealed in the myth of the weaving contest -- perhaps the best-known story associated with Athena.

The motto "weaving spiders come not here" is an admonition to put aside the people and pressures of the wider world and to enjoy the fellowship and leisure available within the club.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalfon

Sandalfon, thank you for all your insights into this thread.

Is the owl symbolism that you mention, is that your own perspective, or is that the perspective of the Bohemian Grove in regard to the Owl Statue on site?

It would do a lot to quell the story that ALex Jones purports that the Owl is named Moloch, and the whole thing is a Satanic Ritual.

DocMoreau

[edit on 13/11/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau

... tt would do a lot to quell the story that Alex Jones purports that the Owl is named Moloch, and the whole thing is a Satanic Ritual.

Thanks for asking, Doc.

The statue on the premises at the Grove is called the "Owl Shrine" and in front of it stands an Aladdin-style lamp which is called the "Lamp of Fellowship" -- the lamp is lit during the opening ceremony and extinguished two weeks later when the summer encampment ends. The owl, in his role as "wisdom" forms the backdrop for the opening rite, the much-discussed and so misunderstood Cremation of Care ceremony. (Go up the thread for the link to a sociology professor's observations on the ritual if you seek an observational perspective.)

Truly, the only person who thinks the owl (a hollow cement-over-rebar steel stage-prop filled with conduit and rigging) is called Moloch is Mr. Jones. The members of San Francisco's Bohemian Club -- the owners and participants at the Grove -- certainly don't think of it that way. Among those who have heard of Jones's prognostications, there's mostly a shaking of heads in baffled amusement.

When the club was founded around 1880, the saying was that the Bohemian Club was for men who were long on talent and short on cash. (Obviously not the case today.) Most members can't tell you 'why' the owl is the Bohemian Club's mascot (it's on the coat of arms, napkins, vehicles, glasswear, logoed shirts, and so on) -- but they do know it's entirely symbolic and a link to the literary and artistic traditions of the club, versus some kind of pagan god to be venerated. Hope that's helpful.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I notice one on the guest list is pizza hut and steakhouse guy

is he linked to ann coulter at all, just wondered

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have tried to respond several times but my posts have not appeared. I never said that I went on the actual grounds of the grove. I rented a house at the Russian River, and I had 6 girls working for me. Every day and night we had guys come from the Grove to see the girls. When a couple of my girls left, I started working, too. We also would go to the Northwood Bar to meet the guys from the Grove. It is well known among working ladies that they can make good money during the encampment.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bumping an old thread because I'm AMAZED I have never heard of this until today!

I'm usually the guy quoting who's in the trilateral commission or who attended the Bilderberg meeting this year... then Bam! Out of the blue accidentally found out about Bohemian grove.

interesting read! I got most of my info from these sites:

Wikipedia

Sonoma County Free Press

and here's a list of members, also from Wikipedia
Membership List for Bohemian Grove

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I know this is a conspiracy forum - but I think you guys are reaching too far.

The Bohemian Grove, part of the Bohemian Club, is just a bunch of very rich white men and their own frat. The rich and powerful can wait years (if not decades) to become a member. And people of all ages and wealth do some silly and strange things at their own frat.

I'm sure strange things have happened there just as I'm sure strange things have happened at many a CEO's house, and I'm sure conspiracies have been plotted, just as they are plotted in board rooms everyday.

It's just your typical frat, - at their house (in SF) have a bunch of old pictures hanging by the mens room of very famous people at the Bohemian grove and the ladies room is two levels down whereas the mens room is not... I know two members... heh

[edit on 10-5-2010 by jr429]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join