It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bohemian Grove 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by corusso
reply to post by White Chapel

evidence, please.

Members of The Grateful Dead have performed at the Bohemian Grove atleast once. They did a thing for Obama. Now this. Anyone care to give reasons why these guys would associate themselves with the Bohemian Grove?

for the same reasons as any self respecting rock and roll star - $$$, good drugs, hot babes (the ones parked in the cabins just outside the grove)

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
we should ask goverment to order BG to always open their doors to the
press, to let the press do a full covrage of anuals BG meetings,

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Obviously it's not that secretive if so many people belong to the stupid club.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to posts by corusso &by solo32_98

I am not sure that the 'Grateful Dead' played at Bohemian Grove. I think that long after the Grateful Dead became such a valuable trademark, after Jerry Garcia died, that the surviving members of the Grateful Dead played there. Maybe they played there sooner, maybe not. I cant find it.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Occidental resident Mickey Hart will join fellow Grateful Dead member Bob Weir. The musicians, along with rocker Steve Miller, are part of an effort to bring a younger vibe to the grove, the Wall Street Journal reported.

www.metroactive.com...

Bob Weir is a back-slid hippie. At least that's what a handful of west Sonoma County progressives are saying. They're rankled that Weir--whose credentials include 30 years as a guitarist and singer with the Grateful Dead--is a bona fide member of the Bohemian Club, the elite men's organization that stages secretive retreats each year at a sprawling Occidental camp called the Bohemian Grove.

I find it weird that Steve Miller Band played there as well. The Joker....
DocMoreau

edit to add this link as well:
creepysleepy.com...

Bob Weir Sells Out to the Elite

Bob Weir, the former Grateful Dead rhythm guitarist, has become a Bohemian member and has played at Grove events the past six years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psychedelic Alchemy

According to a 1968 FBI memorandum, Jerry Garcia, the leader of the Grateful Dead, was employed “to channel youth dissent and rebellion into more benign and non-threatening directions.”

[edit on 8/8/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
the future of the western nations are discussed in the BG.
Believing that the worlds elite class just gets together to have fun in a "anything goes" party is naive at worst.

To the disbeliever please research the topic first, look at the list of attendees, make the connections, examine the evidence, you will find that there is nothing "normal" about these men deciding the fate of millions in some kind of coven like retreat...

Without mentioning the extreme sexual and deviant nature of said gatherings...

thanks for posting OP!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Without mentioning the extreme sexual and deviant nature of said gatherings...
And yet, somehow you managed to mention it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Another thing that goes on at the Grove is that "working ladies" come from far and wide to provide "entertainment" for the men there. I know ... I was one of those ladies many years ago. And just like anywhere else, some of them were very sweet, and some were absolute jerks, but it was a very interesting couple of weeks.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hey anonymous, did you ever saw anything "out of the ordinary"??
as in a reptiloid?, a devil? anything like that?

what was "interesting" about those 2 weeks?
:

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Another thing that goes on at the Grove is that "working ladies" come from far and wide to provide "entertainment" for the men there. I know ... I was one of those ladies many years ago. And just like anywhere else, some of them were very sweet, and some were absolute jerks, but it was a very interesting couple of weeks.

Wow, I was under the impression that the 'working ladies' at the Bohemian Grove were actually men (look up Nixon's remarks on the Grove). It was my understanding that females of all kinds, working or not, were not allowed at the grove.

Unfortunately, since you are Anonymous, you may never respond back, and we have to 'take your word' that you were a female prostitute at Bohemian Grove.

Oh well... I will include a link and an Article about the female Grove from 2001.
www.businessweek.com...

Women may not have a longstanding old-boy network to hook into for job leads, government appointments, or venture-capital deals, but they're rapidly making up for lost time. Groups of professionally accomplished women are building powerful networks of their own.

I saw this firsthand in January, when I was the only journalist to attend the first Belizean Grove retreat on Ambergris Caye in Belize, Central America. Belizean Grove is an invitation-only meeting of 29 women in business, government, and academe. It's modeled after the 130-year-old Bohemian Grove, an all-male encampment deep in the redwoods of Northern California. About 1,500 of America's corporate and government elite gather there each summer for two weeks of talks, discussions, recreation, and rituals.

Some women once sued to gain access to Bohemian Grove, to no avail. ''We aren't waiting for an invitation to Bohemian Grove anymore, because we have our own,'' says Mary Lehman MacLachlan, president of Chicago's EnvestNet Group, a wealth-management network for financial advisers.

Hopefully you come back and share more about your time at the Bohemian Grove.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Apparently, the men at Bohemian Grove are so 'lonely' for the companionship of women during their time at the Grove, that they 'worship' a poster of a former Bond Girl.

Weirder and weirder...
DocMoreau

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A former British topless model has become the extraordinary obsession of members of America?s most illustrious and secretive men's club, which is trying to track her down in time for its 100th anniversary party next month.

The Bohemian Grove Club holds an annual summer camp at which members, who include Henry Kissinger, former President George Bush Senior, Clint Eastwood and Bob Weir, founder member of Sixties rock band the Grateful Dead, debate world politics, perform weird mock Druid ceremonies ? and, it turns out, ogle a poster of a blonde in a thong.

The Mail on Sunday can reveal that she is one-time Bond girl and 1976 Miss Wales, Sian Adey-Jones, 49, whom we have tracked down to Ibiza.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Wow, I was under the impression that the 'working ladies' at the Bohemian Grove were actually men (look up Nixon's remarks on the Grove). It was my understanding that females of all kinds, working or not, were not allowed at the grove.

I think the situation is that since its a "mens" club, female prostitutes are simply not allowed inside the grove, where-as the male ones are. However, female prostitutes are brought in and kept near by, like at neighboring towns or outside establishments ect, for easy access. One source which describes this is the book "The greatest men's party on earth;: Inside the Bohemian Grove" by John Van der Zee.

peace -

[edit on 13-9-2008 by el midgetron]

[edit on 13-9-2008 by el midgetron]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by el midgetron

Good thinking Midgetron.

I guess in my mind, I was thinking that the people who come to the Bohemian Grove function stayed there the whole time. I don't know why I never thought they could be at the Motel 6 or whatever with a Prostitute...

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Hi- I had replied, but for some reason my response appeared blank. I contacted this website but they never corrected it. Hopefully this will appear. As someone else said here, the working ladies were not allowed on the grounds of the Grove itself, but they were nearby. There was a bar where they they hung out, and my girls & I were in a house on the Russian River in nearby Guernville. We would have parties every night, there were some well known guys who showed up, and I never made so much money in my life. I started out as the madam, but 2 of my girls left the second week so I started working myself. For years after that I would see some of the guys I met at the Grove, and I would read about the others in newspapers. Some were jerks, but most of them were gentlemen.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I used to be an assistant to one of the men on that 2008 guest list, and he received faxes all the time with camp assignments for BG weekends. He was and apparently still is a regular member of the Grove. He was very mysterious about the whole thing and often would get a direct-dial phone call in his office and then head straight to the fax machine to retrieve the info directly.

Aside from the strange vibe surrounding the Grove activities, he received two years in a row a courier-delivered, Xerox-copied Valentine's Day card from one "Monique Desiree Taitague" and just chuckled like it was an inside joke. He left it on his desk for several days rather that tossing it in the trash. Googling that name brings up a load of nonsense about her being America's Princess and a supermodel, yet no photos or evidence of a real person. Years later, I still remember the name and wonder what that was all about.

Just in case you are curious about the man in question, he is in his early 60's, has a high-level, but not executive-level job, and is generally a very pleasant person who would walk around the office whistling and singing. He also joked about "pissing on trees" when asked what he did at the retreats. He did mention "High Jinks" and that they put on plays, but not much else that was specific. I would classify him as moderately wealthy, well-connected in social circles and probably a bit of a status snob.

I'm glad to see this discussion because I was always very curious to understand what the Grove was really about. I get the impression that I actually know more than most, even though I know next to nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Apparently those at the Grove were fearing a bad fire season back in May. Igt looks like they also want the cash from the redwoods...

Doc, I think it's less about the money, as this is a beyond-elite organization whose members fund a wealthy, endowed club that doesn't really have need of selling timber. I think that's really useful to remember in any presumption of collective motive on the club's part -- seeking money from timber sales is really not driver for them. In theory, the Bohemians are attempting to remove nonnative firs and oaks and to thin an overcrowded forest canopy which, according to their forest-preservation consultants, increases the possibility of fire. Fire is a particular worry to the club as it attempts to protect a number of important architectural structures (Bernard Maybeck, et al.) as well as more than 120+ individual "camps" on the property and some rather celebrated natural forest spaces. Forestry-management theories diverge on whether it's better to thin the canopy and plant newer redwoods within or to leave alone and selectively remove oaks and firs -- and thus the great dispute.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

reply to post by el midgetron

Good thinking Midgetron.

I guess in my mind, I was thinking that the people who come to the Bohemian Grove function stayed there the whole time. I don't know why I never thought they could be at the Motel 6 or whatever with a Prostitute...

DocMoreau

Doc, you're correct. Leaving the Grove once the encampment has started is sort of frowned upon. An exception is to use the tennis courts in Monte Rio, which the Club maintains as a community asset for the village of Monte Rio. People leave their cars in the (guarded) parking lots inside the main gate, them move further into the Grove in shuttles or on foot. Cell phones and computers are technically forbidden, as it's a time to "forget care" and relax and enjoy the company of their peers. This is detailed in Van Der Zee's book, referenced elsewhere among these posts. Sorry, but familiarity with the situation leads me to call "foul" on the assertion of the woman who implies she provided entertainment in or near the Grove. (Granted, among 1800 men, there's undoubtedly a few guys having affairs, but this wouldn't be as easy to pull off as she indicates, and there's no communal organizing of this kind of thing -- most of these men are pillars of their communities and businesses. Frat-boy type fun ensues (i.e. drinking and telling of tales) but the perception of the machinations is so incredibly overblown as to be comical. (Yes, I've been a guest at the Grove on numerous occasions.)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The female entertainment is partaken at the nearby Northwoods Lodge:
Northwoods Lodge

The Northwood complex is more or less at
N38.477155 W122.998394

You can park next to what the grove calls their "winter gate" and look down on the parking lot through the trees. I think the spot is at
N38.466193 W123.002026
Security comes right to the gate, so it is not very stealthy to hang out there very long. Also, the end of the road by their gate is a turn around for the one lane road, so it kind of pisses off the residents. Note that besides Dan Campbell's goons on ATVs, the Sonoma County Sheriff is on premises.

I never found a good place to spy on the grove other than parking by the side of the road and observing the cars as they come and go. It is not like snooping on Area 51 from Tikaboo, that is, there is no high spot to look down on these grove since they over the nearby peak. All those trees provide good cover too.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i remember a video on it i saw last year of a guy a couple guys that got in pretenting to be related to someone and they video taped around the compound and the ritual ceremony. it was a shame they couldnt show every aspect of what goes on there though. the guy said security/ sheriffs officers were all over the place and they were questioned a lot for video tapping.

i wish i could remember who it was. nevertheless it was pretty cool. the ceremony was wierd though. they're not exactly worshipping god down there

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Yes, Gariac, there is a bumper crop of slightly tired, quasi-rustic lodges in the nearby Russian River towns, so any number of them could be easily pointed-to and said: "You know, THAT'S the place where the Bohemians partake of female entertainment." So to imply there's some organized activity around same is a stretch.

In that same theme -- though not nearly as purient -- according to local lore, the Village Inn, which is even closer to the Grove than the Northwoods property, stood in as the lodge in "Holiday Inn" so that Bing could film conveniently that summer while he was encamped at the Grove. (This factoid from a brochure that the Village Inn distributes to its guests.) I hope Bing wasn't cheating on Catherine!

So Gariac, unless I'm running around with complete losers when I've been a guest so many times at the Grove, I assure you that sneaking out to meet a hooker is really and truly not high on anyone's priority list. Folks are really too busy racing to that lakeside lecture offered by a noted US jurist, viewing an art exhibit curated by one of the world's most noted museum directors, and then trying to squeeze in a nap before a Grammy Award-winning guitarist performs an acoustic set that evening -- only to get up and do it all over again -- with a completely different curriculum -- the next day and the day after that. Amid all that, there's eating, drinking, and singing. Lots and lots of singing. Top of the lungs, boisterous, arms-around-your-buddy's-shoulders kind of singing. (For perspective, note the item, "drinking", immediately before singing. That should explain it.)

I grant you that, undoubtedly, as with any gathering of this size and over so many years, there's of course some men who've arranged a sneaky little assignation during the encampment. Perhaps it's a woman (or man?) on the side or even a hooker. But as I've said before, this isn't anything that's organized or in any way encouraged or even tolerated by the Club. In fact, at the risk of sounding arch, it would be profoundly looked-down upon.

You certainly may know something I don't -- but I assure you that for 98.5% of attendees, there's far more compelling (and legal and ethical) things to do in the Grove given the elite caliber of artists, world leaders, statesmen, and corporate giants than to play slap and tickle with a hooker in a rundown off-property hotel. Priorities.

Cheers,
Sandalfon

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join