It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the Bible where do all the different Races of people come from ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My Gal has asked this question of me and I cannot answer it.

I only attended church as a child and only for a little while as an adult and never studied the bible the way that I should have. I have little knowledge of the bible and would like to get an answer to the question so I'm looking for your help.

Where do / did the different races of people come from ?

We are led to believe that Adam and Eve were white, right ? So were did Black people, chinese, Korean, etc, come from ? or to be fair .... where did white people come from ? who was first if anyone,

Why all the different races of people ?

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   

We are led to believe that Adam and Eve were white, right ? So were did Black people, chinese, Korean, etc, come from ?

This, as well as many other reasons, is why I do not take the bible for truth. There are so many blatant mistruths in it that I can't see how people can devote their lives to it without question.

Another reason is the sexist discrimination. Women are blamed and stated to be 'inferior' to men.(which is not true)

There are a few more but I won't get into it.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner

We are led to believe that Adam and Eve were white, right ? So were did Black people, chinese, Korean, etc, come from ?

This, as well as many other reasons, is why I do not take the bible for truth. There are so many blatant mistruths in it that I can't see how people can devote their lives to it without question.

Another reason is the sexist discrimination. Women are blamed and stated to be 'inferior' to men.(which is not true)

There are a few more but I won't get into it.

Please share you ideas and thoughts, there will be no offense taken, I'm willing to listen.

thanks

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
First of all, Adam and Eve weren't white. White people cam efrom Esau, brother of Jacob, and head of the tribe of Edom.

Genesis 25
23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
First of all, Adam and Eve weren't white. White people cam efrom Esau, brother of Jacob, and head of the tribe of Edom.

Genesis 25
23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.

Thanks Colonel, that helps. But, am I missing something there, where did white people come from.

I'm trying really hard here to understand this and I appreciate your help.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
White people came from Esau. Ok, the term "white people" is a misnomer. Nobody is white people generally have a reddish/pink complexion.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
okay, so we have red and white people, what about the black people ?

I had someone say last night that they think someone early in the days of man, migrated to africa and due to the enviroment there, thier skin became "dark" and that's where "black" people come from ?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
okay, so we have red and white people, what about the black people ?

I had someone say last night that they think someone early in the days of man, migrated to africa and due to the enviroment there, thier skin became "dark" and that's where "black" people come from ?

No, you just have white people who are reddish in color. Black people are the first, starting wiht Adam.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The people of the region responsible for the Bible, were generally of a darker hue (similar to the Arabs of today), and ranged from very dark to just tan. However, there is a DISTINCT difference from one simply being dark, and being considered "black". Having lived in the middle east, I have known many arabs and jews who were darker than many "blacks", but they were obviously lacking other "black" features... Truly "white" people were likely pretty rare or unknown to the authors of the Bible. Likewise, they didn't know much of the Asians, or the Americans (i.e. indians) at the time...so they aren't mentioned. They only knew of their own little world around the mediterranean...

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Gazrok. How can you even think to print that when I just posted an excerpt from Genesis. By the way, if what you say is true, why are Greeks and Romans mentioned in the Bible?

"Truly "white" people were likely pretty rare or unknown to the authors of the Bible. "

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Colonel]

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Here is what science has to say about it:

www.pbs.org...

Can't argue with science.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The link didn't say anything. Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The link didn't say anything. Sheesh.

Click on the "text" link on the page. Then read and enjoy.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
At the building of the tower, they were separated into different languages and the groups went in different directions.
If man lived for almost a 1000 years just imagine how many kids they could sire in that time, not to mention each being different.
The Book of Mormon, not commenting on it authenticity, but the group in this book came to North America. If you have a small group of people that keep to themselves and breed only within their group what does that do to specific gene traits?
The scriptures also state that those in the later days will be of lesser statue than those in the beginning of days or something to this effect.
Yes such as Esau, there is mention of differences in the peoples.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
so, I'll have to do more research on this subject, there is no simple answer ?

as... white people were here first, black people were here...

darn, I knew this would be a tough one

thanks everyone !

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Personally I believe that white and black people are just two different types of humans that evolved and adapted in different areas. Many black people came from Africa, and many white came from northern Europe and Asia. Oddly enough, in the middle there is a color gradient from north to south. The further north you are the lighter (whiter) people are, the further south you get the darker (blacker) people are. I think this has something to do with the interbreeding of two seperate races. But that's not biblical, is it? I also believe human kind has been around much longer than a few thousand years.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
so, I'll have to do more research on this subject, there is no simple answer ?

as... white people were here first, black people were here...

darn, I knew this would be a tough one

thanks everyone !

Umm, no. Black people came first.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Umm, no. Black people came first.

Wow, if I didn't agree with you I'd say that was a supremisist comment. I do think that black people were here on Earth first. As I said above, they adapted and evolved in their surroundings in Africa. Many people agree that Africa (particularly South Africa) is the cradle of civilization. The starting point of man.

I believe us white people (and the human race in general) are slightly altered. I've explained it before, about how something thrives in it's unoriginal surroundings as long as it has everything it needs. Human kind brings unbalance to the ecosystem. It is comparable to the zebra muscle or the dandilion.(sp?)

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Now, why would that be a supremeist comment? Its a fact. Africa is the cradle of civilization as we all know. Not everything out of me is a tirade and I'm not always fighting The Man---even tho its a fulltime job.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Now, why would that be a supremeist comment? Its a fact. Africa is the cradle of civilization as we all know. Not everything out of me is a tirade and I'm not always fighting The Man---even tho its a fulltime job.

Hey, I agreed with you. But if I didn't, I would've taken that as a supremicist comment. And who is 'the man'? A rich white guy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join