It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billboard Shows Burning WTC Towers and "Please Don't Vote For a Democrat" in FL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Billboard Shows Burning WTC Towers and "Please Don't Vote For a Democrat" in FL

www.cnn.com

A Florida man is using billboards with an image of the burning World Trade Center to encourage votes for a Republican presidential candidate, drawing criticism for politicizing the 9/11 attacks.
Businessman Mike Meehan says he has put up three billboards such as this one around Orlando, Florida.

Businessman Mike Meehan says he has put up three billboards such as this one around Orlando, Florida.

"Please Don't Vote for a Democrat" reads the type over the picture of the twin towers after hijacked airliners hit them on September, 11, 2001.

Mike Meehan, a St. Cloud, Florida, businessman who paid to post the billboards in the Orlando area, said former President Clinton should have put a stop to Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda before 9/11. He said a Republican president would have done so.

"I believe 9/11 could have been prevented if we'd had a Republican president at the time," Meehan said Wednesday on CNN's "American Morning."

But Democrats and Republicans are saying Meehan shouldn't be using a 9/11 image to make a political point.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is disgusting. I saw a commercial on the other night about some new 20 dollar bill that was blatant exploitation as well. It said "in the upper left corner is 9, and in the upper right, 11, which just so happen to add up to 20 dollars, showing the skyline on that ever so fateful day".

How you can show the burning towers then turn it into something as blatant as this, wow. Then again, in this country, and in Florida, i'm not surprised.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
There is a pre-existing thread open on this topic here.

Please contribute to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

join