It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is traffic on the local roads ..down in your area??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi Tom,

Shoulda said N/W Arizona in my response.
Too late to edit now.

Doing ok with the new 10-22 T.
Shot some very surprising groups on a windless morning a few weeks back.

It's nice that the shooting range isn't so far away, but since everyone is staying home more and getting stuff done we're not going as often.

Restoring a Winchester 69a and other than keeping up with a rewrite on a book that's about it.

S'ok with me, been hot out lately, 100 degrees F + although the first monsoon rains helped a lot.

Using the small pickup a lot more than I used to.
Good in-town mileage and saves wear and tear on the big pickup.

Dang little pickup is ok to drive, but it's like putting on an airplane when you get in.
89 Ranger 4x4 I bought new.
Guess I got spoiled by the roomy big pickup....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

YOu know Dawg, I too havent been going to the gun club as much as before. I took a young fellow from my crew to range as he said he had never shot a handgun and was curious about a .45ACP Government. Let him shoot mine and he did surprisingly well for the first time.
Other than that I have been sticking close to home. I too have not been driving my truck or car much. Ride mostly my mopeds and or scooter to and fro work and also to the grocery store if not purchasing alot. Been keeping the vehicles parked and filled up mostly.
Most of my long distance traveling has been by way of this computer or my Ham Radio.

Just got off work so Im going to crash..for now...lots to do tomorrow.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
mom was just commenting to me today that traffic is down during rush hour from Phoenix to Tempe.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Went out again tonight to the drug store for a prescription. Traffic was again noticably down. It was about 9pm.

Though gasoline has gone down at the pump...I dont think it will last long. Though gasoline has gone down at the pump ...the utilities have gotten raises in thier rates...sort of negating any fall in gas prices.

Also I dont think the gasoline falling in price will help in the long run as I believe it will not fall to previous levels...but stay above. This is just a temporary measure before the next cycle of gasoline hikes.

Been keeping my truck and car filled up ..full..not letting it get down very far. Riding my mopeds and new scooter mostly. Been riding two wheels for years and years now...saving my truck and car for necessities and weekends.

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join