It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We both heard ....I don't really know.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This morning my mum woke up and walked downstairs. I woke to but stayed in bed, I could hear her reach the bottom and then a few seconds later I heard her call me.

Being lazy I simply went back to bed; however I went down about 10 minutes later to find out what she wanted. She said she had never called me at all... which was very strange indeed.

But then, she said where did you go this morning, as I got downstairs I heard you say 'Hi mum' right behind me but when I turned you were gone.

So we both heard the other person say something that in fact they didn't, very strange to say the least.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Very strange indeed. What did you mom have to say about it? Have you ever heard anything strange in that house before? Is it possible for you to get your hands on a recorder and do some evp work? Maybe try taking some pictures around the house?

I like posts like this. No one making any crazy claims with out proof. Just a seemingly normal person with a strange experience to share.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There are a couple of strange things in my house.

There is one room that gives you that 'feeling you are being watched'. Though it might just be because we don't use it too often. I also thought I saw 'something' which I have either put down to being a spirit or my own eyes playing a trick on me as I turned around.

Nothing like this has ever happened though.

I know I'll sound like a noob now but evp? Edit: okay I looked it up, but it seems to say it is using static from radios or televisions...What would I be recording?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think the idea behind EVP is that you record sound in an area as static plays in the background (from a nearby radio, for instance). Supposedly, the noise played back can contain faint speech. I think some people reverse and/or filter the recordings later to find voices buried in the noise. This doesn't sound very reliable to me, because people are prone to seeing what they want in ambiguous data. You could try to record EVP and judge its validity yourself. I hear that one good technique is to clearly ask a question just prior to the recording.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Ahh, thankyou, well I have a radio in my room, not that I want to hear anything there at all

And with some batteries I can have a portable one downstairs... Woul using a camcorder be ok for this? As I can just separate the audio after...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I see no reason why it wouldn't be. I think many sources of static noise can be used, including things like running water or prerecorded chatter in foreign languages.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

I read your experience yesterday and tried to think of what it was. I came up with dopplegangers (doubles of people) and even parallel universes (the door opened for a few seconds). I know these sound weird, but I have read of very strange things happening to people. Keep us posted on what you find.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Will do, I intend to record the white noise tomorrow, I have found some blank white noise in audacity so I'll have a clean repeatable sound to record.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
When I said EVP, I didn't really mean the "white noise" approach. I was just meaning sit in a quiet room with no tv or any other source of audio, other than yourself. Just sit down, press record and start asking some questions. Then review the recording when you are done. I don't really like the white noise stuff. As Kohr said, I don't think it is reliable. Let us know if you get anything though.

Oh and yeah, a camcorder would do just fine.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by adamneldon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well I asked a few questions and left the camera to record, but I heard nothing.

If you want, I can record another version... I misplaced the first CD I recorded on (Damn those mini discs
).

If you would like me to do so and then put it here for other people to see what they hear just post the questions you think would be suitable...

Edit: Wrote cant instead of can...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by umbr45]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience with us,

Make sure you keep a log of anything you hear or see, Note down times days ect, You never know you may se a patteren imerge,

Is there any place in your house where you feel this is happening more from?

Or even around a certain person?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. If it happens again though I'll be sure to start keeping a log of what and where it all happens.

new topics

top topics

join