It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Express high-res images

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I want listen my great friend INTERNOS about these images!!! Internos!! Internooooos!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I can't say that I believe this is what mars really looks like. There are underground bases on Mars and humans/other entities are living in them. From what I hear none of the pics released by any "official" gov. dept are accurate.....I mean does that really surprise anyone on this board?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
IMO, NASA is probably being put in a situation they have to show something.... we the people are coming down on them and they know it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Nonesense. The technology exists, and has done for a long time, that allows NASA (or any other governmental organisation for that matter) to produce any digital image they like, and pass it off as genuine.

I've seen technology that can take a photograph of your face, and re-create the three dimensions of your head very, very acurately. Not to mention the fact that this same software can be used to manipulate any image, into anything they like. Remember the Oswald picture shoing Lee Harvey holding a gun and pamphlets? That's old school, what they have nowadays is much more sophisticated and would allow them to strip Oswald down to his trunks, put him in a swimming pool, or piloting an aircraft... it is very powerful technology. It is not used for entirely honest purposes, but that's the way these people think these days. Not to mention the fact that this is not just for manipulating images of people...

Therefore it would be rather easy for them to take any image beamed back from Mars, and manipulate it to hide, or even show, anything they wanted.

Just food for thought - what if the 'artifacts' we all see in the Mars images are placed there because 'they' want us to see them? What if the artifacts are generated in order to hide what might really be there?

Fin.

Sorry, to put a dampner on your 'parade' there, but I felt you should know.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Thanx for the link.

Lovely images.
What a beautiful planet Mars is.

I agree that it looks like a beautiful place. All it needs now is a bunch of humans to mine it to death and build on every flat surface and we can turn it into another earth-like wonderland.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well if there is Martian Ecology, it is THE MOST SENSITIVE SYSTEM by a factor of 10 gazillion... but, we already broken the seal so...
However, I do hear noises about real landuse guidelines for MArs already drafted or in the process of...

*** Actual point:
www.metaresearch.org...

Beautiful images!!
I've wondered about some of these formations. They resemble something "liquidy," but so many of them would have to be these short-lived diluvial events. High energy, massive, etc.. to obtain these gougings and such...

But Metaresearch has a model for the formayion of VALLES MARINERIS.

Something along these lines may explain SOME of the forms...

www.metaresearch.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acharya
The "golf ball" you can see to the left is from HiRISE and it supposedly measures 150 meters, but this is the maximum resolution image there is of it, and the resolution is more like 5 meters per pixel in the image.
No, that photo, as that page states, is from Mars Global Surveyor, while HiRISE is an experiment aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

That "golf ball" photo was taken by Mars Orbiter Camera.

The Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC) science investigation used 3 instruments: a narrow angle camera that obtained grayscale (black-and-white) high resolution images (typically 1.5 to 12 m per pixel) and red and blue wide angle cameras for context (240 m per pixel) and daily global imaging (7.5 km per pixel). MOC operated in Mars orbit between September 1997 and November 2006. It returned more than 240,000 images spanning portions of 4.8 Martian years.

Source

According to this page, it has a resolution of 4.59 metres per pixel.

The image from the Opening Post has a resolution of 17 metres per pixel and it was taken on September 25 2005. The perspective views are not real photos.

The perspective views have been calculated from the digital terrain model derived from the stereo channels.

Source

Mars Express red-blue anaglyphs are very good, they give an impressive idea of depth.

Full size anaglyph

PS: I find the full size anaglyph a little hard to see, but reduced to 50% it looks great.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Floating orb?
No, just a lighter area of the ground, as seen in this resized and croped image from the Context Imager from HiRISE.

The original is available here.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nice work, thx.

Do you have a link to the HiRISE image of the "golf ball" too?

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

Fortunately (or maybe that did it because of the "golf ball"), there is a photo of that crater taken by HiRISE.

A comparison between the image in your mini-profile and the false colour HiRISE version at 16.5% zoom.

This is the biggest that ATS allows, at 25% zoom.

And this is at 100% zoom, 29.6 cm/pixel resolution.

I don't know why IASViewer could not access the images for PSP_007230_2170, so I had to download the full 689.4 MB JPEG 2000 image (I hadn't this image in my collection yet).

[edit on 19/7/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I must say I was a bit disapointed when you debunked the "golf ball" photo, it was my personal anomaly favorite on Mars
I gave you a star for debunking this image, I think you are the first to do it. BTW, the 100% image link does not work for me.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acharya

I am sorry if it was a disappointment to you, that is why I always try to put a break on any possible enthusiasm I may feel about something that I am not sure about, there is always the possibility of being disappointed.

I think the link now works, it worked on Opera, the browser I use the most, but it did not worked with any other browser I tried. Strange.

I hope that the quality of the photo can compensate some of your disappointment.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Theres another smaller "orb" on the bottom of the hill in the midlle. (2 a clock from the 1e orb) Can be anything. Even a boulder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join