It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child bride gets divorced after rape, beatings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

And yet i have found that people who hold to one faith are far more interested in attacking the criminals who exploit their standing in other faiths than they are in seeing the flaws in their churches.

Stellar

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You know i dont need or wana get to know the koran i just get this feeling in my gut that the whole thing is a bad idea and usually my feelings are right on. call it hate if you want but i think that islam is te new catholic church of decades long ago

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You know, I enjoy discussion and exchange of ideas as much as the next guy, but I'm usually expecting there to be a standard of knowledge and a lack of ignorance. For example, if I don't know about something, I keep quiet until I've learnt about it.

In your case, it may be interesting for you to note that the Quran doesn't mention Ayesha anywhere at all, let alone Muhammad's fondness or attraction to her.

PS: I'd hardly take a news website that advocates such absurdities as whites-only immigration.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by babloyi]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe I read on WND that this child was killed a couple of weeks ago. I'll look for the article and post it if/when found. Sad story for this brave little girl who just wanted a life for herself.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i didn't read all of the posts as many are just plain hateful...
i can understand why because i have a baby girl myself and i would hate for someone to do this to her...

now, like brother bodrul said, i wont go into all the details of the marriage to aa'ishah, because at the end of the day this is very different...

for starters the girl didn't like the man to begin with and said he was old and ugly, yet with aa'ishah she has even expressed herself how she loved the prophet and referred to him as "her yusuf" - this is because prophet yusuf/joseph, peace be upon him, was the most handsome of all the prophets, and she referred to muhammad as her yusuf...

this daughter shouldn't have been married if she didn't want to be - she said she was scared to leave, found him ugly etc - now due to this she shouldn't have been married to him in the first place (setting age asid if she was pubescent and mature she is not viewed as a child scripture-wise)...

now, secondly the prophet was aa'ishah's father's best friend and he trusted him immensely, especially as one of the first followers of islaam who aknowledged him as a prophet, thus a man of this status to her father is liable not to abuse his daughter...
in this situation, this girls father was made a promise that he didn't keep, so maybe thy hardly knew eachother to begin with?
islaam has a strong brotherhood and due to this many muslims will trust the word of another muslim, no questions asked ("hey if he promised me this and he fears Allaah he will keep to the promise or tell me if he believes he cannot do it...")
now, due to the fact that as a muslim i do understand why the father trusted this man, but untill she was 20??? surely that would have set alarm bells off in his head because a husband and wife have full right to intimacy when she is pubescent and mature... so it was a bit of a fals promise to begin with that i would never have believed! (come on, how many 13 or 14 year old girls sleep around with boys in these countries???)

i am saddened that the guy could do this to her, even more saddened that she was married off even though she didn't want to be (because we have been told that the virgin MUST have permission sought before marriage) and thus any marrital promise that takes place before puberty, the girl is untouchable to the man untill she is pubescent and has again declared whether she wishes to be married to him or not (and usually an unpubescent child is kept WITH the family untill puberty and her permission sought, she is not sent off to live with the man - just as aa'ishah lived with her father and mother untill she was mature and conscented to marriage... let us not forget she was a SCHOLAR of islaam before the age of 12, so she is incomparable to the many girls of that age today!)

anyway, there is my feedback on the issue - all i have to say is it is bad judgement of the parents to have married her when she didn't want to, and it is awful of the man she was married to, to beat and rape her...
i pray that they repent sincerely for their sins and return to the truth of islaam and don't make the same mistakes again, aameen

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It appears that I was mistaken about the girl being killed. Must've been some other child bride. Apologies to all.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hmmm.... a very different article about this even by the bbc...

news.bbc.co.uk...

A Yemeni court has annulled an eight-year-old girl's marriage to a man in his 20s, after she filed for divorce.
Although it has no legal minimum age for marriage, the wife is only allowed to live with her husband once she has reached puberty.

Nojoud's unemployed father and husband were also present at the hearing.

Nojoud told the court she had signed the marriage contract two-and-a-half months ago on the understanding she would stay in her parents' house until she was 18.

"But a week after signing, my mother and father forced me to go and live with him."

so she actually signed the contract after agreeing to still live with her parents, but they told her to leave... find out the father's reason why:

It is understood that one person attending the hearing has decided to repay Faez the dowry (marital money that his given from the husband to the WIFE not her father!) he gave the Nojoud's father before marriage.

Her father, Mohammad Ali Al-Ahdal told the court he felt obliged to marry off his daughter after receiving repeated threats from the would-be husband and his entourage.

He said was frightened because his oldest daughter had been kidnapped several years earlier and had been forced to marry her abductor.

Shatha Nasser says the judge annulled the marriage instead of granting a divorce, to stop the husband trying to reinstate the wedlock.

"We are grateful to the judge" she explains. "Had it been someone with strong traditional views, Nojoud could have been sent back home."

Instead, Nojoud is now living with her maternal uncle, Shu'ee Salem Attabi'ee.

Shu’ee told the BBC that his brother-in-law had had no control over the events.

"He is too frail to defend himself or his family" he explained.

"Nojoud is living happily with me and my eight other children. She is looking forward to going back to primary school as soon as possible."

i am glad this whole mess was sorted out...

[edit on 18-9-2008 by eyescryforALLAAH07]

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The child marriage as a practice is fading in India, and is a criminal offense.

The Rajputana child marriage is different from Muslim one that you describe, as bride stays with father's family until puberty. So it is just a marriage contract. However any early marriage has serious drawbacks.

The Veda/Hindu religion has 16 as minimum age for marriage of girls. So main reason for the practice is illiteracy and poverty.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join