It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&M Barbie lashed by public

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Me most of all. I should have saved the social commentary for another thread. Live and learn. And thank God for second chances.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

from my morning devotion today

Dear friends . . . defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people. -Jude 1:3 (NLT)

It's sad, it's unenviable, it's challenging, but it's necessary. It's what we're called to do whenever the truths concerning our faith come under attack. It's what Jude is writing about here. It's defending the faith.

source

This thread somehow went from a laugher about a provacatively dressed doll to "Christians are morons for speaking out about it." A sign of the times, I guess.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Icarus Rising]

Oh dear, oh dear. What is truly disturbing about this thread is that a Barbie doll harmlessly dressed in leather has attracted over 60 replies!

I wouldn't necessarily say that Christians are 'morons' for complaining about that particular Barbie doll but I would say that it is ill judged for any Christian to make an issue out of it. Surely, if you do believe in all the quotes you have made from the Bible, Icarus Rising, that you, and other Christians have bigger fish to fry?

If anyone, Christian or not, really cares about the state of the world I suggest they focus less on how a Barbie doll is dressed and more on Darfur, Burma, Tibet, Israel, Iran …

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Absolutely. I have already said this was more of a joke to me than anything else. That's what I get for a quirky sense of humor and misplaced moral outrage.

There really are no small issues anymore, though. Immorality, and even worse, apathy and amorality, have permeated nearly every facet of contemporary life.

What is truly difficult to overcome is the basic sin nature of man. By that I don't mean that man automatically seeks to do bad things. Man simply seeks to avoid hardship and suffering, and in doing so allows great evil to take deep root. I'm not saying man should seek to stuggle and suffer. Man should not avoid doing what is right because it is difficult and painful. That is one of the big reasons we need Christ as Savior: to give us courage and confidence to discern what is right, and do it anyway in the face of what seem to be overwhelming obstacles.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Amen

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
THIS THREAD WAS DEAD, why did you bring it back, its gone from talking about barbie, to religion bashing, let it die

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

I guess you didn't notice I was responding to a question posed by UFOpsychiczebra. I don't mind letting this thread die, but it would be rude not to respond to a question posed to me by another member first.

I hope that is ok with you. Thanks for your input.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Anybody can consider Barbie filth, no matter what model type. I'm sure their nice chiseled body frames arouse men as much as the SnM doll. I think they need to lay off. Simply do not buy the Barbie type. That is all.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

i was talking to the other dude, i hate it when i make these mistakes, sorry

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

I'm sorry, that wasn't clear from your reply. I don't think it was a mistake on your part. It was just a little vague as to who your post was directed at, that's all.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Think it looks like Patty Hearst, facially that is...

Her daughters a model now, you know - no not that sort.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join