It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMP Weapons Warning in House Session

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I happened across Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R) - Maryland giving a speech on the House floor warning Americans to use cold war era preparations to ready themselves for possible EMP attack from someone like Iran using SCUDs. Bartlett was saying that each city had about 3 days of food and then we'd all see how thin the veneer of civilization was in the U.S.

www.bartlett.house.gov...

smarteconomy.typepad.com...

Is this alarming to anyone but me? What a wonderful emergency to create in der Hømeland! Turn off all the electricity and see how we electronic-junkie Americans will turn to the government for a kind word and any bit of news! Then we'll want to "get those brown bastards" for attacking us. Also, you can't exactly hold electronic elections if there's no electronics.

Forgive any errors, this is my first post.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Yea, it's definitely alarming to me. It's alarming that a poltician of his (alleged) stature can attempt to whip-up paranoia claiming that a SCUD missile (with a maximum range of 400 miles) poses a threat to the US. Where does he think Iran is? Virginia? The Republican fear machine just keeps on chugging along. What a tool.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Interesting.....C2C had a guy on in the last week talking about
a potential EMP attack. Included tech info, preparedness, rogue contries
etc........

Here it is......www.coasttocoastam.com...

Dr. Nick Begich
www.earthpulse.com...

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yea, EMP seems to be the flavor-of-the-month. What everyone needs to understand and what all countries --- rogue or otherwise --- already DO understand is that an attack on the United States with a weapon like an EMP weapon would unequivocally be deemed by the world community as an attack with a WMD. The reprisal attack by the US would render the offending country uninhabitable. They all know this. We publish it. We always have going back to the Cold War. To work over a large area, an EMP weapon has to be detonated at high altitude. You can't do that off the back of a pickup truck. This is all fear mongering. Think of the technology involved to accomplish this. Wouldn't it make far more sense for a country (or rogue group) to use biological weapons? Relatively cheap. Easily developed. Easily deployed. Easily concealed. Difficult to trace. Much, much more significant impact on all levels.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Forgive my unclear phraseology. When the representative was talking about SCUD based EMPs, he was envisioning their use from a run across the border or via ships off our coasts. Of course, if it a false flag, Virginia might be a possibility after all....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Excellent points. I can't see how Iran could do any of this. However, the U.S. could sure distract its citizenry by making it look like Iran or someone else has attempted to "shut us down."

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Iran is developing a missile capable of having Atlanta as a target. The intermediate range rockets tested last week had 1250 to 1300 mile range. They are building bigger and better. Give Iran a couple more years.

BTW: don't forget our new found friends in North Korea. They are dismantling their program after they have built some bombs. They have missiles capable of reaching Chicago.

I keep seeing the EMP threat now. Four national based reference in the last 5 days. Something in the air....

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
After America invades your country and kills your whole family you are going to mess up their video games and cell phone chats? Seems like a very mild form of revenge that would not be appealing to a terrorist. They want carnage, not chaos. Fortunatly there are only 3 terrorists left, wait, we just made another one in our terrorist factory. Now we should fear 4.

new topics

top topics

join