It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Time will you be?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm really interested in meeting the Buddha, Yeshuah Messiah (shalom!), Pythagoras, Moses, Rasputin, Ghandi, ancient Hopi Indians, the Mayans (I'd carry a boomstick with me just in case they try sacrificing me to their reptile God), and possibly Prometheus.

Also, I'd love to go back to the late 80s and see all my favorite bands just before they got corrupted by the mainstream record label vampires... oh and back to the early 80s and follow the Wipers on their tours for their first three albums.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I am the first to say this, but I honestly would not want to travel in time.

Part of my love of life is the mysteries...it would just be too tempting for me to want to learn things that I probably shouldn't know in the first place.

That said, if I DID travel, I would travel back to meet Jesus. Wouldn't it be nice to actually hear from the man himself, to finally put an end to all this religious intolerance with knowledge of what he truly said from a personal encounter?

I would not want to ever go to the future, I am content with letting the present catch up to it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Yeah I'd go back to around 2,500 BC - the time of megalithic Britain. I'd love nothing more than a first hand glance at their religion and culture, and to know the secrets of the stone circles. I could witness the healing methods and practical applications of what we call 'magic', as well as an unspoilt pre-industrial wilderness.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I was born in 1989, and i would love to go back to 1989 as an 18 year old and live through the 90's, so i can remember them more and go to all the great concerts that happened back then, Pearl Jam, Tool, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana unplugged etc. My first stop would be Metallica, Seattle 1989!

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Neomax]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I am fasinated by ancient Rome, so that would be my destination.

Not sure exactly when, maybe 44 BC, tell Julius look after his health and take the day off.

They were great engineers and I wonder what would have happened if the Romans had access to steam power, we would probably be living on Mars by now.

Of course I would first stop off to kill the person who first figured out how to make a time machine. So I would have the only one. Otherwise ancient Rome and everywhere else would be ruined by Time Tourists

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Frobnicate]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would either have to go back to a certian point when I could win a multi-million dollar lottery or maybe back to late 60's and become friends with the members of Led Zeppelin and become their rhythm guitarist

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would go back to the time I started eating ice cream by the bucket loads and tell myself that I will get fat if I dont stop, and also tell myself not to take that first cigarette.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would go forward to 2012, just to see if anything happens.

I would go to the original Woodstock, to Roswell in July 1947, as others have said I would see the pyramids being built, travel to Atlantis....I would go back and forth through time, actually, just out of curiosity's sake, to see where we are going and where we have been.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I would only go back to certain times of my own life to change certain decisions I made back then... Personnaly I wouldn't what to go and find out about some of the thousands of myseries of mankind, Some puzzles should stay puzzles

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Could it be possible?

I'm not a very religious person, so I'd maybe tried to figure out if this whole Christian craze is correct:

But, my ultimate time of travel would be 200,000 years into the FUTURE.

I want to know how we are going to advance as a species. Are we destined to destroy ourselves? Will our planet endure a catastrophic event? Will we eventually master the mysteries of the universe and begin traveling to different galaxies?

Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
just watch Dan Burisch's interviews from the Project Camelot website and tell me you don't believe in time travel... it's all too real guys - i question our altered reality on a daily basis...

check him out!
www.projectcamelot.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Also if you went back in time and can bring 1 thing back in time what would it be?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chasnj

I would bring back a Tyrannosaurus Rex and sell it on ebay.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

I'm still in the middle of watch the videos you've linked to, but I must say, they're very intriguing.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would have to go back and watch the Neanderthals and Cro-magnons battle it out, and watch the saber tooth tiger in action. I would bring back a live Megalodon, somehow.

I have just finished watching the 1st part of the 3 part series. He does seem to have an underlying sincerity. Soul transfers is always going to be a tough one to swallow. I will watch the others intently though, thank you.

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
reply to post by chasnj

I would bring back a Tyrannosaurus Rex and sell it on ebay.

That's too freakin funny.

I love Mr. Kaku's lectures and ideas, some of them are out there, but you have to admit, he's more brilliant than most of us will ever be.

I kinda like the idea of going 200,000 years into the future and seeing what happens. You just got done watching "The Time Machine" didn't you? haha.

If I could bring something back to this time period, then it would probably be common awareness of what's going on around us. Common sense. We are sheep in the world of butchers.

It's too bad really.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frobnicate
Not sure exactly when, maybe 44 BC, tell Julius look after his health and take the day off.
[edit on 17-7-2008 by Frobnicate]

Yeah call in sick

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'd go back to the exact moment man invented the wheel and tell him
Nah wont work and then I'd walk off with it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Lol, what kind of gain would you expect to get from that? The guy was probably burned for being a witch, or clubbed to death eithe way.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I am heavily interested in the origins of intelligent life on earth. I would probably travel back to when the wheel was created or when fire was discovered. It would be an honor to meet the 2 people who set our entire existence into motion. Then I would travel to the future and get hold of some cool technologies to amaze my friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join