It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Larry King Live UFO show this Friday (July, 18) on CNN!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well the show is tonight.

Round 1: Stan Friedman VS Bill Nye The So-Called Science Guy

DING!!! DING!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Well the show is tonight.

Round 1: Stan Friedman VS Bill Nye The So-Called Science Guy

DING!!! DING!!!

...so weather Stan Freidman 'wins' or Bill Nye 'wins', what difference does it make? People shouldn't watch the news for entertainment. Unfortunately, thats all it is these days. The masses still haven't got it, it seems.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yeah it was a joke.

I don't look at it that way.

I do look at what information they present and who acts like a "smart-a$$" and who acts like a real researcher.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Does anyone know Bill Nyes stance on UFOs? I'll be tuning in!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

From what I've seen of him on Larry King Live, he thinks UFOs are bogus.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
VIA: myufo.com...

Investigators: Robert Hastings to Appear on Larry King Live to Discuss His UFO Research; Friday, July 18, 2008

Name: Robert Hastings

Date: Friday, July 18, 2008

This is to let you know that I will be appearing on Larry King Live NEXT Friday, July 18th, to discuss my UFO research. Appearing with me will be three former U.S. Air Force officers who were involved in nuclear weapons-related UFO incidents:

Bob Salas, a Minuteman missile launch officer at Malmstrom AFB, was on duty in his underground launch "capsule" one night in March 1967 when a UFO hovered over the site and somehow shut down most (possibly all) of his 10 missiles. An identical incident occurred at another launch facility outside of Malmstrom two weeks earlier.

Bob Jamison, a Minuteman missile targeting officer at Malmstrom, was involved in bringing some of those missiles back online. Jamison and his team were explicitly told during a briefing that UFOs had caused the shutdowns and were ordered, for their safety, to stay on base until all reports of UFO activity had ceased. Only then was the team allowed into the missile field.

Dr. Bob Jacobs, a photographic officer, was filming an Atlas missile test at Vandenberg AFB, in September 1964, when a UFO suddenly appeared near the separated dummy nuclear warhead while it was in flight downrange. Jacobs and another officer, Major Florenze Mansmann, state that the film showed the UFO circling the warhead and shooting beams of light at it. Seconds later, the warhead tumbled out of sub-orbit, well short of its target. The film was reportedly confiscated by two CIA agents who visited Mansmann at VAFB.

Furthermore, my 581-page book, UFOs and Nukes, is finally finished and will be available ONLY at my website, ufohastings.com, beginning July 18th.

Thank you for your interest in my research. I hope you can watch the Larry King show.

Robert

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by theknuckler
Does anyone know Bill Nyes stance on UFOs? I'll be tuning in!

Bill Nyes is inane - I saw the last panel on Larry King with Nyes as the token skeptic who came up with reasons for credible witnesses being wrong because: it was a weather balloon; they forgot what it was they really saw; it was too long ago; there's no evidence anywhere, period.

Made me livid - (Nyes, that is) - and that he's BACK again - well, he'll have his supporters and cheering section, no doubt....

Every word that comes out of Nye's mouth is nothing short of as stupid as stupid gets...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
All Part of the slow disclosure.I get 50 plus google ufo news alerts at least ,a week, as I am sure many of you do.I remember when it was 2 or 3 a month at most.Although this could be all just marketing for the new x files movie (ufo week on the history channel,larry king etc...)But I do love the mystery!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

Yes Bill Nye The So-Called Science Guy will be the skeptic.

that really disappoints me that they are bringing him back on the show to be the resident skeptic...not because of his skepticism, which he has a perfect right to....but the condescending manner in which he conveys it. if i see him give that half-smirk and small shake of his head again, while referring to peoples' belief in ufos and aliens, i am going to scream.

...i predict i will be screaming a lot this evening.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I will be watching this program too, even though I've been slaming the ancient ETs in recent posts. Too many people take Sitchin and Von Daniken to be real scientists. I hope there is some real information, not the "I heard from a really good source". If they can't use hearsay in a court of law, they shouldn't use it as journalism.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by el cid
[

...i predict i will be screaming a lot this evening.

But thats what CNN wants from you. Your attention. They dont care weather there are really aliens or not. They want you screaming at the TV so they can make their advertising dollars.

Don't give in. Simply shut off your tv and read a book or talk to someone educated.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I made a funny when I said journalism. You are correct, they care more about J Lo and the Brad's babies than real news. At least Larry King is entertaining (although I keep hoping the will have Norm McDonald come in and do his imitation of Mr King).

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

To answer, I think tonight will be filled with good information from first-hand witnesses...

"Appearing with me will be three former U.S. Air Force officers who were involved in nuclear weapons-related UFO incidents:

Bob Salas, a Minuteman missile launch officer at Malmstrom AFB, was on duty in his underground launch "capsule" one night in March 1967 when a UFO hovered over the site and somehow shut down most (possibly all) of his 10 missiles. An identical incident occurred at another launch facility outside of Malmstrom two weeks earlier.

Bob Jamison, a Minuteman missile targeting officer at Malmstrom, was involved in bringing some of those missiles back online. Jamison and his team were explicitly told during a briefing that UFOs had caused the shutdowns and were ordered, for their safety, to stay on base until all reports of UFO activity had ceased. Only then was the team allowed into the missile field.

Dr. Bob Jacobs, a photographic officer, was filming an Atlas missile test at Vandenberg AFB, in September 1964, when a UFO suddenly appeared near the separated dummy nuclear warhead while it was in flight downrange. Jacobs and another officer, Major Florenze Mansmann, state that the film showed the UFO circling the warhead and shooting beams of light at it. Seconds later, the warhead tumbled out of sub-orbit, well short of its target. The film was reportedly confiscated by two CIA agents who visited Mansmann at VAFB."

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Looking foward to hearing their stories again, these men imo have got to be some of the most credible ufo witnesses ever. One of the main reasons I am a believer.(that and my families sighting)

Really glad to see Larry keeping the UFO issue in the spotlight. (is their an underlying agenda???) Hopefully he goes over the Stephensville radar data a little more thoroughly and gets Bill Nyes opinion on that
tough to shoot that evidence down.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I have heard of that case and look forward to watching. I know I can get carried away at times, but there are so many posts saying so much with nothing to back it up but second and third hand stories. It is time to get to people who saw/or experienced it.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY JUST USED MY EMAIL QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ERIC FROM ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I watched Bill Nye when I was younger but I just don't see how he can explain or disapprove the claims by former military officials. I believe in UFOS 100%.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Eric, don't let it sound like I hate you, I don't.

I am sure you are not the only person named Eric in Atlanta interested in

the subject. The metro Atlanta area has about 5.5 million people.

Just more claims with nothing to back it up. It's all about credibility Eric.

You could of shared the question ahead of time. Now you just claim they

are talking about you.

Without proof from you, there is .000002 percent chance that it is you.

Now you want us to believe that?

Prove something Eric, even if it's 1+1=2. (that's a rhetorical statement)

I was being generous to. I rounded that number up from .0000018 percent

[edit on 18-7-2008 by lovepens1]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
LOL you sound like a skeptic lovepens No offense

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I really do enjoy Bill Nye on this as much as some of you may not. I think he's presenting the biggest.. opposition? I guess you could say against UFO's. it's great! Theyre going at eachother, its a real 'blood bath'... I for one believe theres UFO's, I think thats easy. But usually when you say UFO, the other person thinks you mean its from another galaxy etc.. I really like the debate going on thus far.

I do believe there has been life that has visited this planet from others, but this hopefully will/can bring other people into the thought process so they can think for themselves.

I haven't seen a UFO for myself. I look a lot, but nothing. But I still think theres gatta be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join