It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No war with Iran - Policy Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

No war with Iran - Policy Shift

www.timesonline.co.uk

Washington will send a senior official to meet the Iranian nuclear negotiator this weekend in the most significant American diplomatic contact with Iran since the Islamic Revolution in 1979.

In a major policy shift, William Burns, the third most senior member of the US State Department, will travel to Geneva in Switzerland to attend talks between Tehran and European officials.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
afp.google.com
ap.google.com

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
IT has always been on the cards - America was never in a position to invade Iran - the consequences were far to great. Not simply the backing of Russia and China through long term energy contracts put also Pakistan and India - have all delivered outright or veiled threats to the U.S. and Israel that any strike against Iran would be met with resistance - a powerful and formidable obstacle -

The U.S., it appears, has seen reason for the first time in almost a decade. However, although this spells a step in the right direction for international relations - this is a profound slap in the face for America - an unquestionable signal that spells in loud and unmistakable capital letters - HEGEMONY IS OVER.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Um, actually it's just because we are broke. That might even make us more dangerous on some level.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I can't imagine they seriously expect something to come of the negotiations. I'd expect they're just trying to do the old 'we tried all other options' approach. It was a similar situation before Iraq too.

In my opinion the news makers are just giving people false hope so the powers that be can avoid criticism.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is the greatest shift in all the activity on this topic and ----well---nothing ?

wrong forum????

Please is it that there will be no war that there is no response, god how sad, -

i thought you would be happy....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Well it is on the front page of every major paper here in the UK - obviously America has crapped their pants and gone home.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Um, actually it's just because we are broke. That might even make us more dangerous on some level.

Not if the world hates you and only weak and pathetic Europe and Japan are your friends.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by homo_borg
Not if the world hates you and only weak and pathetic Europe and Japan are your friends.

Those are some tough words. I am sure you would be ready to back that statement. Russia once marvelled at the west, maybe it is about time you showed some respect.

This action is no more than America showing they are responsible, and not a bunch of warmongers like you all seem to think they are. All this talk about invading Iran was nothing but speculation, which, oddly enough, seems to be the thing that is destroying our society and the economy.

All those people saying America would attack Iran under an Israeli guise must be off their rocker. I am sure the ‘master minds’ that run America can come up with something more original than that.

Why does everyone on this board think America is set out to start WW3? Give it a rest. Things were much more heated during the Cold War. America is a just, humane nation, with which I am proud to share a border with.

It just goes to show that as America has the most open media in the world, it enjoys the greatest criticism – democracy at its finest.

[edit on 17/7/08 by Thaumaturgus]

top topics

join