It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Pacific Northwest.

From this post I deduce that you have at least one umbrella.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Fathom isn't female?

I don't know!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by asmeone2

Well, at least we reaffirmed the good sense of humor

What about the handedness? And Arkansas born? (yeah, I'm really stretching here)

Dang, I knew this wasn't a good day for remote viewing. Must've caught the mailman as he approached your door. haha!

Classical guitar player? Fernando Sor afficiando?

I am right-handed, and born in Tx, but my mother (and possible one of the kids) are left-handed and my X husband was born in AR so maybe that's what you were picking up on, if you were indeed trying to RV.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by sc2099
Fathom isn't female?

I don't know!

I understand the confusion,
Fathom is a female

that likes females *wnk*

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I understand the confusion,
Fathom is a female

that likes females *wnk*

Fathom,

That avatar makes me think that you're a nerd.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Well, that explains it then!

I won't guess your political views, but I will take a stab that you were born in the Midwest. Indiana, Ohio?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Fathom,

That avatar makes me think that you're a nerd.

yes i would say i am a nerd...aren't all of us here (ATS) nerds?

BH.
I live in Northern Louisiana and if you were to guess hardcore conservative (which I now would be your guess) you would be correct

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Most of the books I've read have not contained photos or illustrations of either characters or author, thus have allowed me to form my own impressions

Guess I'm used to doing that and I think I prefer it

I won't make any friends by saying this, but when I initially encountered avatars on internet, I formed a snap impression of 'egos' on display.

Used to the avatars now. Appreciate they are not necessarily representative of a poster's views, gender, age, etc.

I'm still not sure what avatars are meant to convey. At a guess, I'd say they're substitute cars.

Avatars don't usually influence my impression of a poster, unless the avatar is particularly gruesome (boiled eyes floating in pea-soup for example)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Fathom not everyone here is a nerd ...I know I am not even close to nerd status lol ....

Sea I love your avatar ..your creativity shows in the avatar (Its colorful)

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I would say by your avatr that you like to wear grey flannel. you enjoy clouy days...uhm..you drive a sensible car, you're a college professor...you wear glasses
am i close?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
What can you guess about me?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

To simply put it, I feel that you are a friendly giant. But it's funny how I would never want to piss you off. Maybe because your avatar is a serial killer.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Pacific Northwest.

From this post I deduce that you have at least one umbrella.

I don't know about that ... when I went to school in Portland (OR, not ME), I tried at first to own an umbrella. But by December I decided it just wasn't worth it, since everything was going to be wet until May anyway

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

LOL. That is exactly right. I don't own one.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
what a wonderful thread

i just love this stuff
i am always wondering how the person behind the post might be
so i read through the thread and pick those i think i can "judge"

AccessDennied
to me a wonderful vulnurable woman, warmhearted, a bit shy, but making her path through life, gained strength, guess she is a good friend.
very concerned about your family and people next to your heart!

Skyfloating
i always thought you are a man, many questions have been answered before, but from your avvy i always got the impression that you are very spiritual, somewhat like a grey eminence, very well educated, very intelligent

[ProTo Fire Fox
just from your avvy: a young woman, bit excited, in your 20s
i would guess it as well from your posts
but it doesn.t fit with the name

asala
asala: warm hearted, easy going woman, motherly type, i know you love shoes!
to me your are absolutly conected with the color pink

Benevolent Heretic[
i always thought you are german

pureevil81
young male in his 20s, music loving, a bit kind of fighting and provocating, (no offence, just from the avvy)

BlackOps719
to me you are male, a gentleman who knows about life, and who isn.t afraid to tell it to people

CA_Orot
young woman in her late 20s, open minded, friendly, warmhearted
somewhat artistic, loves life, always there for her friends, wants to get as much as possible out of life, still eager to learn and learn and learn, a bit extravagent

so now i am throwing my avvy in the ring.
it is so much fun

thanks to OP for the thread,
i always got the thought you are a very strict person, just from your avvy Karlhungis, but meanwhile reading through the thread, i got another impression!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Karl I see you as a rationalist with a tinge of fatalism thrown in (much like myself).

I think you enjoy analysing and constructing arguments, but I think subconsciously you know that its just a mental exercise... that nothing will come to physical fruition of all your thinking.

Politically, I think youre a classical libertarian, possibly Hancock-idealism rather than Franklin-idealism.

Morally I think you are exactly the same as me. A relativist, seeker of truth in whatever form it may be, and a bit of an admirer of Nietzche too.

Am I right?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Anyone? Purely from my avatar and sig?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light
Benevolent Heretic
i always thought you are german

I'm not, but my dogs are.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
From Benevolent Heretic's avatar I presume that this person is a animal lover, someone who is in touch with others feelings. I cringe when I think about what people assume of me and my avatar.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Anyone? Purely from my avatar and sig?

Well, I really don't form much of an opinion until I have read a lot of what people write. So I am winging it here...

Your choice of avatar and color make me think that you are a man in your early 40's. Your sig makes me think that you are a rational person. You enjoy researching questionable topics.

Now, on the other hand, your use of the heart symbol in your mood makes me think you are a woman. So does the "lover" description under your name.

I guess that you have me confused.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join