It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

LOL, I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It always throws me when a member I am familiar with changes their avatar.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

this thread will be interesting.

Karl, I love the movie your avatar comes from, that guy rocks.

Id like to imagine your some sort of soft hearted gentleman like your avatar 'looks like'

they say the smart complex people are the ones you need to worry about.. so maybe you do carry around a compressed air bottle??

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
So you think I should keep it? It would seem that the majority of people are a little disturbed by it and would prefer that I change it.

I think you should keep it! I think most of us on here are a little disturbed anyway

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac

I think you should keep it! I think most of us on here are a little disturbed anyway

LOL, there is probably a lot of truth to that statement. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hey Karl -

I saw this thread when you started it, but felt that I was too new to the site to jump in. Ironically, many of the original posters are members I see a lot of on the various threads I read/participate in. And I've noticed that most of them have chaged their avi's at least once in the 6-7weeks this thread has been up. It thorws me off too, but then I realize that they are usually doing a variation on the same theme kind of thing, aslthough sometimes I don't think they realize it.

Anyway, so as not to live with regrets (about not joining in when it counted) allow me to play... here goes.

Karlhungis - male, early to mid 30's, Libertarian... married...college educated, but maybe ditched before getting the parchment, iconoclastic streak, changes jobs pretty frequently.

How'd I do?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi Karlhungis, your Avi makes me think serial killer, I haven't seen the movie that it's from and the only reason I know it's a film is becasue someone said it is.

So your Avi makes me think serial killer but this thread gives me the impression you may be alittle self concious about your Avi, maybe this plays out in your life too, I don't know.

Can I throw my Avi out there for you to judge?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Thanks, you are pretty close to the mark. I have been pretty loyal to my employers though, so I have not had too many jobs.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Your Avi has a pretty strong serial killer vibe to it as well. I would say that you are a male in your early 20's late teens who listens to rock music? I honestly haven't read enough posts by you to form any other sort of opinion though.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Believe it or not, I didn't even know where your avatar pic (or screenname) came from -- I knew the image was familiar, but didn't see the movie and for some reason it just didn't connect.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but here's my impression from the avatar:
Serious, perhaps slightly disenchanted. Feels he doesn't fit in, can't decide if he wants to or not. Male, definitely. Maybe mid-20s.

Physical prediction is so much harder. Maybe long or longish hair, brown. Brown or hazel eyes. Medium height and build. But that may just be my "default" for guys.

And I predict that you're a member who starts really interesting threads with a sense of exploration.

EDIT: I'm also going to agree with TheWayISeeIt on the college-educated but maybe no degree, and libertarian.

[edit on 9/5/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

yeah, so, my reading of the American dingbat avatar is:

you work in an office
there is a same bar that you stop in to at the same time two or three times a week
male
41 years old
thinning brown hair
glasses
college in Pennsylvania

BUT I KNOW NOTHING!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

me: 37, female, "non-traditional" college student studying biochemistry. When I first went to college (1991-95) it was in Oregon. Brown hair. Glasses sometimes. No bars but I am the kind of person who likes to have places where they are recognized on a casual level.

nineeyedeel: 30s, dark hair. Artist of some sort - maybe graphic design or web work. College educated. Bit of a loner, pensive.

but I know nothing either

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

46, used to be dark hair now gray, artist is right, bit of a loner is like friendly but aloof, and pensive is like vigilant, and I tell lies about my education...so I score you about seventy percent, you did better than me...(I was sure you were a guy, and in the word world, not the sciences...)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I'm a word person too. My first B.A. was in anthropology and linguistics, and then I studied history in grad school. The science thing is me finally going back to what I refused to do as a teenager because everyone thought I should.

And your bar insight was pretty good. You get definite kudos for that one -- you had the idea, just not the location (anymore).

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This one here I think is pretty cool. The bird is reading a book about how how to drop bird droppings on people in 12 easy steps (click on my name for the larger picture). I think it's cool because that's the ultimate sky show and we here down on the ground get it from the higher ups all the time (now perhaps more than ever with the big bailouts for the wealthy that we will have to pay for).

See how it all ties into conspiracy theory...well, I thought it was cleaver and the bird is kind of cute.

Is this at all what you thought it meant? If not then what?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Greetings Karl.... Haven't wandered by your thread in quite a while. It's a good primer to get to know our ATS members

I like your avatar. I thought the character in the movie was pretty intense, but wise [of course he was a whackamole, but these things happen]. I think we come to associate our av's with the person, and I think yours is a fit, because to me, it projects an opposite personnae than the movie character [but still wise].

My av is a photo I took of a blue iguana, which has since been slaughtered by a monster that broke into the cages of the Botannical Gardens. I still can't conceive of the kind of proto-human that would do such a thing. I hope to not find out who did it; that would require a response. Of course, the magenta and black and white bits were add-ons

I sorta identify with my av. I thought the creature was curious, and it walked right up to me as I sat crosslegged on the ground, and all but put [her] head in my lap. I think she wanted cheese. Visitors to the park are told to not feed the iguanas, but I sensed that she was thinking...... cheeeese....... give me cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Turns out she was satisfied with lettuce from my sandwitch. I didn't know until that moment that they have red eyes.

I'm told that the new generation of blue iguanas are doing well, and only the adults had been caged for the night, so there are still hundreds of them prancing about.

p.s. shiny bald, 240 lbs. 6'1 50 years wild and runnin', joyfully married. Previous punk guitarist from a group you've never heard of, previous federal first responder and contract employee. Tai Chi rocks. Self-avowed minimalist and part-time foilhead. I once had a degree in Chemistry with a minor in math and physics; that was a long time ago.

Peace

[edit on 23-9-2008 by argentus]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

I still can't conceive of the kind of proto-human that would do such a thing.

I am glad you didn't say "animal".
Proto human sounds just about right...

It's a very nice - and telling - gesture what you did.

P.S. This is a totally off-topic post, so I won't be annoyed if it gets deleted.
Just had to get it off my chest.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

thank you m'friend

NO, I would never call them an 'animal'. I like animals. I once had an anthropology final in which there was actually an extra-credit question: "in 100 words or less, describe the primary difference between humans and other animals." I wrote "humans are the only animals that s*** in their own nest." Of course, I didn't take into account that cows will actually crap on each others heads !!! ha AND WEAR IT!!!

I don't understand slaughter. I understand killing and eating -- it's the uncomfortable way of nature. Well, this is grossly off-topic and probably deserves to be Modwhacked, but I thank you for your words as they had a sense of peacefulness that was therapeutic.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hi all.

Okay, judge me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I'll take a guess
48, male, born in Arkansas, degree in business, self-employed, married, two children, agnostic, voting patterns mostly independent, free-thinker, Saints fan, outdoorsman; doesn't care for fish but enjoys fishing. Good sense of humor (that's a gimme), guitar player, 5'10, 170 lbs., no facial hair, except for the occasional yearly goatee experiment, left-handed.

I realize now that I had a brain phart and disclosed my own info, thus subverting the process. My bad.

How'd I do Asmeone2?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I had to laugh. I was thinking, man he really goes all out with his mental images....

Good stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join