It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099

Gools, I'm still trying to get my Cdn accent straight. I

Well you certainly didn't have to change it.
That's just what it sounds like to my ears.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

And now I get to asses the person above me! My friend Gel! How fun! I love GEL, she is awesome! How I picture GEL:

Disclaimer: I am a heterosexual married female so nobody get the wrong idea, ok?

I see Gel as being very playful, flirty, sexual (but not distastefully vampy), as in someone who knows how to use being a woman to her advantage, loves to have fun, and as being someone where you will know where you stand with her. She is very opinionated but not in a in-your-face aggressive way that makes you feel uncomfortable. Her avatar gives off the impression of mystery and intrigue of her feminine wiles.

I could go on but everyone here knows Gel!

Edit: Oops now it's Gools! That avatar screams out 'playful and fun.' I don't recall ever speaking with you or seeing you around much so that is all I know to say. At least this forces me to go by the avatar alone. Gools, your avatar gives me the impression you don't take life too seriously and that you know how to have a good time. You also strike me as the simple type and practical. If that is way off, sorry! LOL!

[edit on 7/17/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ash, I always pictured you as looking like the angel in your avatar...and I was right! Awesome...

reply to post by Gools

Well I wish I could be in John Galt Valley but TO (the exact opposite sort of place) will have to do for now. You're right...there is sort of a -ch- sound in there. LOL but it's not as bad as when people call Montreal Munchreal

reply to post by QBSneak000

OMG I laughed so hard when I read that! I do love to laugh and I do enjoy dancing. I love to go out and consider myself a social butterfly. And I do LOVE perogies LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I get the feeling you're a heterosexual married female.

You're probably late 20's, early 30's. I think.

I'm really bad at this

I thought I could describe people based on the avatar but its not looking like thats the case. I have to talk to people to understand them.

[edit on 7/17/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh Ashley is here...

you´re avatars and also the artwork you do for avatars have always made a strong impression on me. On the brightside they reveal your inner strength and willpower and also exceptional intelligence and sense of beauty. On the dark side they reveal wanting-to-be-admired, moodiness, stubbornness.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I was just thinking the other day, Wonder what people think when they see my avatar? I must admit, When i was looking for one i didnt take alot of time searching and really just wanted something other than just my name and birth year.

And i see alot of avatars that really make me wonder about the person on the other side of them. When i see characters from cartoons or movies, That person is seen by me as that character. And if its a character i dont like, I tend to not care for that poster to much. I guess i see it as a reflection of who that person is. Not taking into consideration my own avatar. I look at it now and see a person that likes doom and gloom or wants this to happen. And thats not me at all.

But on the other hand, Some avatars do reflect the person behind it.You can see it in how they respond to post's. I will be looking for an avatar that is more me and not so doom and gloom. First impressions are very important and i dont want to put out the wrong one.

link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
I get the feeling you're a heterosexual married female.

You're probably late 20's, early 30's. I think.

I'm really bad at this

Actually you were spot on. Yes, heterosexual and married. Age 29 as of June 27th. I goofed and explained my avatar on the previous page but you picked up on things I never mentioned. Kudos to you!

As for you, well I have seen your posts so I don't think I can be fair going solely by your avatar. hehe But just ask and I will offer my analysis of you based on comments from you I have seen.

On the dark side they reveal wanting-to-be-admired, moodiness, stubbornness.

Unfortunately, also spot on.
Same for you as NOM, SF- I can asses you for the asking but it will be based on more than your avatar.

[edit on 7/17/2008 by AshleyD]

link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Oh Ashley is here...

you´re avatars and also the artwork you do for avatars have always made a strong impression on me. On the brightside they reveal your inner strength and willpower and also exceptional intelligence and sense of beauty. On the dark side they reveal wanting-to-be-admired, moodiness, stubbornness.

I was thinking more of a insecure issue, but the rest is what I see as well. We all know she is stubborn, and opinionated.
She is also well read and I wonder if teaching is in her life. Kids and pets would be my guess also.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
But just ask and I will offer my analysis of you based on comments from you I have seen.

Based on my comments, huh? That can't be good.

Alright. Lets hear it...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well I think we know where you stand on the issues...

I would guess that you are White, male, late 30s-40s. Stubborn, outspoken, write your senator and congressman along with your citycouncilman, somewhat jaded and feel somewhat cheated by life.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Unfortunately, also spot on.
Same for you as NOM, SF- I can asses you for the asking but it will be based on more than your avatar.

OK...but not too much please, dont want to derail the thread. I´ll have some additional words on you later too.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I was thinking more of a insecure issue, but the rest is what I see as well. We all know she is stubborn, and opinionated.
She is also well read and I wonder if teaching is in her life. Kids and pets would be my guess also.

I feel the love!
Yes, I am a very insecure person and lack self confidence but, apparently, fail to hide it behind an enormous ego. Yes, kids and pets as well but no teaching. Just a bookworm nerd!

LDF you are also someone I have always admired even when you make me want to pull my hair out. You seem to be very inquisitive and genuine. You strike me as being very curious and thirsty for knowledge and consider no area forbidden or off limits- you hunger for it all and want to taste it all and won't stop until you get it all. Very kind and long suffering (I don't see you as being the type to 'snap' quickly) and I see you as being an equal combination of idealist meets realist. If that makes any sense. As in, you how strong opinions on how things should be but you are strong enough to face things how they actually are.

NovusOrdoMundi, you're an arse (
) but one that I actually respect and like immensely. Although I have not always agreed with your opinions or how you express them (the Tony Snow thread being one example
) I have a very strong admiration for your ability to go with your gut, to say it like it is without consequence, and your focus and refusal to bend. You seem very opinionated and not only that but that you are fearless in expressing those opinions while others, like myself, usually express our feelings with hesitation or fear of offense. You simply 'run with it' and stick to your guns fearlessly. Unabashedly outspoken, studious, and scholarly. On a personal level I do not know you but I would guess you are a young man in his 20's who was a keen eye for observation which gives the impression of you having a wisdom and intelligence beyond your years.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sc2099

I would guess that you are White, male,

Right

late 30s-40s.

Nope. I'm 20.

Stubborn, outspoken

Right again

write your senator and congressman along with your citycouncilman, somewhat jaded and feel somewhat cheated by life.

Nah. I've found that its a waste of time to write them. I've wrote them a few times, but when I got responses back that seemed automated, all saying pretty much the same thing - nothing - I stopped. And I don't feel cheated by life.

reply to post by AshleyD

Good job!!

You pretty much nailed it, even the age part.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Yup!!

Now ladies and gentlemen is this just chance? or from speaking together for a while, or are we all really connected?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well novus considering people have put alot of what I first thought of you,
I'll post what I havent seen and still thought.

To me you seem like a stubburn liberal is what I thought.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

You're easy, Breifne. You're a female who wants to be judged on the content of her posts, not the pretty picture on the side. If you did upload an avatar, you would pick something that's not too distracting.

Although, I'm heavily biased. I didn't upload an avatar for two years for just that reason.
~back to reading, eventually I'll reach the end~

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
OK...but not too much please, dont want to derail the thread. I´ll have some additional words on you later too.

In that case, far be it from me to derail a thread, especially while talking to a mod.
This will be based solely on the impression I have of your avatar as if I have never encountered you before although this will conflict with some aspects of my actual observations of your personality.

Avatar only: Spiritual, possibly new age and mystical. You don't mind interacting with people but you are still a loner on the inside. Not bound by limits. A penchant for the unusual and unexplained. Curious. Unbridled. Open but closed. Artistic. Idealistic. Peaceful but with an edge.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Now ladies and gentlemen is this just chance? or from speaking together for a while, or are we all really connected?

I think its fairly easy for a lot of people to create a very accurate portrayal of someone over time, just by talking, even if its just text, and even if they have not seen a picture or know anything about the person.

I can't explain it. Maybe that does indicate some sort of "connection". Maybe our mind does things that we don't even know its doing, and has methods of creating these images of people that we don't know about, and all we know of is the end result, the "image" we have created.

I don't believe its just by chance. It can't be. As this thread has shown, its far too frequent to be just chance.

Maybe its another step in our social evolution? Maybe we've become so complex with our sociality that we're developing new "talents" of learning and figuring out people.

Originally posted by 5ealchris
To me you seem like a stubburn liberal is what I thought.

Stubborn, yes. Liberal, no. I don't associate myself with any of the political ideologies.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Stubborn, yes. Liberal, no. I don't associate myself with any of the political ideologies.

Oh I just kinda got that from the message in your avatar.

But You also seem nonconformist and you seem like the type to have problems with authority.
And the kind that holds grudges against rich people.

So now lets see what people think of me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You seem young, pre-18 I'm betting judging by the ninja heraldry in your 'name box'.

Actually, I have no idea. I'm terrible at this sort of thing.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join