It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus driver stops bus,has a poo in front of passengers is sacked and now wants industrial tribrunial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
News
Bus driver fights poo claims
Jul 15 2008

A COVENTRY bus driver who was sacked after a passenger said she saw him defecating near his vehicle outside a supermarket is claiming unfair dismissal.

Pargat Singh yesterday launched his claim against Travel West Midlands at an employment tribunal in Birmingham.

He is alleged to have committed the act in view of the public close to a bus stop near Tesco at Arena Park.

Company staff performance manager Jyoti Kapoor told the hearing that when interviewed Mr Singh, aged 63, of Foxford Crescent, Alderman's Green, said he had urinated and was "out of view".

He was deemed to be guilty of gross misconduct despite his account of the incident on October 3 last year.

The informant alleged the driver had climbed over a fence, defecated on a grass verge, wiped his hands on the grass and returned to his bus.

Mrs Kapoor added: "The complainant also said that when she spoke to driver Singh... he was abusive to her.

"I considered that the passenger complaint was credible. He (Mr Singh) accepted that the passenger had challenged him about washing his hands when he returned to the vehicle.

"Had driver Singh said the passenger was wrong or that she was lying then my approach would have been different."

Mrs Kapoor said Mr Singh would have been guilty of gross misconduct even if his employer had believed his account of the events.

"I considered that it would have been reasonable for driver Singh to have used the Tesco toilets, which were very close," Mrs Kapoor told the tribunal panel.

Mr Singh claims the complaint against him was motivated by racism and denies he defecated.

He is being backed by the Unite trade union and maintains he hid behind a wall when he went to urinate and did not know he was being observed.

I had to post this story as it is so bizarre .Have any other ATS members come across stories equally as strange(not just poo stories I hasten to add)I llok forward to your anecdotes.Lastly I will let you know if Mr Singh wins the case and is awaded several thousand pounds .In which case I think the bus passengers and the public should sue him for stress and emotional trauma and get their own back.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I am not sure which is stranger, the story itself or the fact that it is posted in the UFO forum.

I was eagerly anticipating the UFO tie in, but it didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yep - I read all the post thinking that an alien probed him and thats why he had to poo......

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I am not sure which is stranger, the story itself or the fact that it is posted in the UFO forum.

I was eagerly anticipating the UFO tie in, but it didn't happen.

Yeah silly, me a blonde moment again. I don't know how to get in touch with mods to get it moved.But actually there has been alot of UFO activty over the West Midlands and Covenrty recently.It's a ufo hotspot.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
Yep - I read all the post thinking that an alien probed him and thats why he had to poo......

That made me giggle ,again my apologies.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was on the bus onetime and some dude was on the bus talking trash to people and when he got off the bus the bus driver tried to run him over.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
I was on the bus onetime and some dude was on the bus talking trash to people and when he got off the bus the bus driver tried to run him over.

Yes,that's the kind of story I'm looking for.What is it with bus drivers ?Do they have some form of bus related madness?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson

Yes,that's the kind of story I'm looking for.What is it with bus drivers ?Do they have some form of bus related madness?
I was watching a hard copy special about bus drivers illnesses and they had one bus driver from Denver with Ak-47s in his garage and years and years of other peoples mail. It was really rather scarey, apparently transporation officials derail like postal workers. One time they have this monorail system in downtown that goes to the medical center and the driver just floors the train and doesnt even stop, finally the police shut it all down and they arrested the bus driver.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
So,it has been noticed bus drivers can behave bizarrely.That is a scary story.Can you tell me the full story behind postal workers going 'postal'?It's not very well known in England but I've seen reference to it in films etc

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyflossYes,that's the kind of story I'm looking for.What is it with bus drivers ?Do they have some form of bus related madness?

I don't think it's a "bus driver" thing, I think it is a cultural thing. In some countries, such as India, it is quite common for people to poop on the sides of roads or wherever the need strikes. Sheesh their trains toilets empty right onto the tracks.

Apparently no one told Mr. Singh that it is not appropriate to poop in public in the UK. Perhaps the UK should change their laws and allow pooping on city sidewalks to accommodate the need for cultural diversity.

God can you imagine the disease risk...ugh.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yeah ,you've hit the nail on the head.Cuture clash I'm afraid but of the worst kind.But if a person of authority had told Mr Singh that public pooping was unacceptable he probably would have been taken to to task and accused of racism(as usual)I feel sorry for the next person to drive the bus as he wiped his hands on the grass.You're right about public pooping in India,my husband worked there and witnessed it himself and dysentry is rife as a result.

new topics

top topics

join