It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you say in an open comment to NASA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
People, what would YOU say in your open comment to NASA? I'm not the most scientific person in the world, but I still get a big buzz out of science, particularly space science.

Some believe we are wasting our money on NASA. We know more about what we have observed in space than we do about what we have observed on Earth. For instance, we can't even say we are 100% sure of the current model of terrestrial planets (i.e. molten core, mantle, solid crust), all we can say is that the evidence is nearly undeniably in favor of this idea. In contrast, we can prove through repeatedly proven methods such as spectrum analysis to determine exactly what our sun is made of, and in what proportions.

Honestly, we have all the time in the universe to explore it. If we can focus on avoiding the destruction of our own species.

Personally, I am in favor of space exploration and research in particular, but I believe we should start acting like A-players; enough with the satellites, especially the ones they let fly to the end of the galaxy to see what they find. It's a growing belief out there in the world that at our level of advancement, we should be far beyond the Shuttle program and the ISS.

Here's one I found on a blog... it made me think a little.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Dear NASA,you suck.

yours sincearly
A.Truther

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Dear Nasa:
You rule. Please send me some pics when you guys and gals get the probes out to Titan, and get us to Mars soon, ok?
Also: Real sorry about the folks you've lost along the way, they all seemed like good folks.
Signed, Squiggly Squig.
Average Joe

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Dear NASA,

Congratulations on accomplishing the greatest technological feat in the history of Mankind -that being putting men on the Moon and returning them safely to Earth (OK, so there was that whole Apollo 13 thing...and Challenger...and Columbia...and Apollo I...and all the Mars failures...and the initial failure of Hubble - but who's counting?).

So, like why did you all stop going to the Moon and stuff? I mean we were supposed to be living there by now. What's up with that?

Oh, and what's up with all those lights zipping around in Earth orbit being not always ice crystals or space debris?

Lastly, what kind of adhesive do you use on the heat shield tiles? Because I'm curious as to how a light piece of foam can, for all intents and purposes, total the most sophiscated machine ever built.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Dear NASA,

Hi, I am taxpayer like many others. My grandparents, parents, and I have been paying taxes to fund your missions of glory. I would like to view all of the original data and material collected from these missions without any "correction" or "re-rendering".

I am entitled to this information as are other taxpayers, if you do not provide this material to me and other like I have requested then I relieve you of your duties from spending my tax money without any representation.

I will not be sad over your dismal from such duties as there are others who will do the job properly and without any bias. It doesn't have to come down to this if you will do as I and others have asked.

Thank you,
PG

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
me, i would ask that they release all their: data,pictures,documentation,specifications of vehicles..etc with no "classified" blackouts and completely unaltered. also i'd ask them to make a real drive to create a new engine for deep space, manned missions and to start serious work on colonizing other planets in our solar system. as these are the areas that if they push farther into we'll have greater breakthroughs.

of course some of that requires greater funding, so i'd also ask that they get a little more serious about lobbying for more federal funding. we could also use a president who really sees the value in greater funding for nasa and private space tech ventures. i personally believe if we spent even a quarter of what we do now on military funding instead for space tech we'd be light years ahead of where we are now techwise.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Dear Nasa

I would like to thank you for all the stuff you got right.
and say to all the stuff you got wrong "Just what the $##% were you thinking?"

I would love to enjoy all your live shows but they put me to sleep.

In the end I want my seat on the next civilian flight in first class oh yeah AND I want those little bags of salty almonds they are my favorite.

Signed
Neil Armstrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ohhhh your point about the live shows reminds me of something else!

i'd like for nasa to explain how suddenly there is a blank spot in communication off the east coast of africa(i think that's where it is). wasn't there in the early days....but all the sudden *POOF* right around that area nowadays "we can't communicate with the shuttle untill they have passed over this area." strange isn't it? lmao

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Any links to that information? I never heard this one and would like to read more about it!!

thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Dear NASA,

TELL THE TRUTH!

Repectfully,

Mr. Notthatdumd.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dear NASA,

Just wanted to say that I loved your movie called "The Moon Landing". Do you think that sometime in the future man will go there for real?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Dear NASA;

Over the years you have provided a valuable service to the American geo-political landscape, and because of that the American people are now respected as the foremost authority on astro-physical navigation.

For this, i thank you, even if i'm not American - the advancement in research and technological progress is to be valued wherever it is made apparent.

However, it has come to my attention that you have been tracking certain... objects in our atmosphere, and continously denied knowledge of this over a period of years.

From this, i can deduce that the folks at NASA know too much, and sharing the raw data will lead swiftly to certain members of your establishment being resourced elsewhere or perhaps even 'dropping from the radar', so to speak.

There are numerous ways one can circumvent the political authorities, and i am shocked to learn that such channels are not used more often.

I would hope for more process and disclosure in the future as to the events that are transpiring in Earth's Atmosphere.

Yours sincerely, Mr. Rob.

--------------

Anyone think that was too diplomatic?

Okay - i'll rephrase it;

Dear NASA;

I want answers.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

zone of exclusion and tdrss

now according to this with tdrss they've eliminated it, but i recall from a live nasa web show for an iss mission, (not sure which one, was last summer) one of their graphics was put up on the feed showing the ZOE and they explained shuttle would be out of contact for fifteen minutes while it passed over this section. which seemed strange to me considering global satellite coverage in space...(why couldn't they bounce transmission off another satellite?)
if i ever see their graphic again i'll make sure to screenshot it.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
NASA underestimated global consciousness. They continue to do an amazing job of treating us like their pets - provide us (most...) with shelter, provide us (most...) with something eat, but mostly what they do is to keep us from letting our voices overshadow their "science" which creeps us out because we do read and research more than the average non-researcher.

It is the sheep, the security seekers, the malnourished whom they prey.

NASA, you have underestimated my kind for too long and it is time to give us what we want. Not X-files Part Deux, we want the real information that can be interpreted off the real data.

The moon shouldn't be a 20 year wait.

Neither should a cure for baldness, but I'll wait to comment further on that until that thread gets introduced to the pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
dear nasa,

isn't it hard laying in bed at night knowing what you know??
we always thought you were on board in the best interest of mankind.

how about full disclosure of information for those whom want to know?
not a full CNN campaign, but just the truth open to anyone that will take the time to come to your web site and find the web page. that's not too much to ask is it?

thanks for your hard work all of these years.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dear NASA,

I remember years ago watching a space shuttle landing in Cal. I met one of your higher ups that day who seemed as enthused as I was. He was Military, and good looking older gentleman, he gave me a gold shuttle pin.

I always felt like there are some in NASA that have the same desire to see us move forward in our Space Program, and that would love to see total disclosure, at least from the UFO prospective.

Is it possible that you can begin now to openly give us the G.P. information about the various types of craft you encounter?

And what have you learned if anything about the different craft and their occupants?

Also is there a NASA back ops program which is already utilizing technology unknown to the G.P.?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

Nasa has a website and you can ask them anything you want,, I do it all the time.. and i get responses in my E-mail... it takes a few days, but its kind of neat.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The military should have been kept out to the program.
I will soon reveal the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Dear NASA,
How did the Apollo astronauts get through the Van Allen Radiation belt, and do you ever look at the shuttle videos on YouTube so you can study ice crystals wierd behavior?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join