It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum holographics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
So,what do we know on this subject. I only learnt of it last night,but it has my attention.

As I gather so far,everything is a blueprint of everything. We have the entire universe inside every single cell in our being. And so does everything else.

What else do I need to know/read/watch?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Read the holographic universe. Or was that the inspiration for this thread? I am only about half way through, but it is pretty interesting so far.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Read the holographic universe. Or was that the inspiration for this thread? I am only about half way through, but it is pretty interesting so far.
Nope,I've not read it yet,inspiration for the thread is a very small 3 minute video on googlevids. Followed by internet search abuse. I will have a look to see if it's in my local waterstones,if not,I'll have to break the habit of a lifetime and buy something from the interwebs!! *bites nails*

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Bought mine at Barnes and Noble if that is of any help. Honestly, if it weren't for my addiction to ATS, I would be done with the damned thing already. Then again, if it weren't for ATS, I wouldn't even have known about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

and ATS giveth with one hand,and taketh away with the other

I also have ATS to blame/thank for my new interests in the wierd wonderful world of quantum everythingyness.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If you haven't already, take a look at the book thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
yeah,I've taken a look at the book thread,but I'm more of a hands on kind of person. It takesme a little while to read a book for some reason. I suppose I ain't "booksmart"
But I will read,and am reading what I can.

I've found this,and thought I'd share as it's relevent.

To make a hologram, the object to be photographed is first bathed in the light of a laser beam. Then a second laser beam is bounced off the reflected light of the first and the resulting interference pattern(the area where the two laser beams commingle) is captured on film. When the film is developed, it looks like a meaningless swirl of light and dark lines. But as soon as the developed film is illuminated by another laser beam, a three-dimensional image of the original object appears.

The three-dimensionality of such images is not the only remarkable characteristic of holograms. If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. Indeed, even if the halves are divided again, each snippet of film will always be found to contain a smaller but intact version of the original image. Unlike normal photographs, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole.

The "whole in every part" nature of a hologram provides us with an entirely new way of understanding organization and order. For most of its history, Western science has laboured under the bias that the best way to understand a physical phenomenon, whether a frog or an atom, is to dissect it and study its respective parts. A hologram teaches us that some things in the universe may not lend themselves to this approach. If we try to take apart some thing constructed holographically, we will not get the pieces of which it is made, we will only get smaller wholes.

This insight suggested to Bohm another way of understanding Aspect's discovery. Bohm believes the reason subatomic particles are able to remain in contact with one another regardless of the distance separating them is not because they are sending some sort of mysterious signal back and forth, but because their separateness is an illusion. He argues that at some deeper level of reality such particles are not individual entities, but are actually extensions of the same fundamental something.

from here
www.experiencefestival.com...

it's blowing my mind

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Yep, that is in the book. It is only 300 pages and it is surprisingly easy to read, given the subject matter. Based off of this thread, I think you would enjoy it. Actually, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't read it.

new topics

top topics

join