It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Wait...maybe Bassett just says "Spring of '09." Not July.

Either way, I can't wait to call him in 2010. I wonder if he'll be available for an interview?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro

As i have previously stated,i have no desire to confront my daughters teacher,or school regarding the subject,i am quite happy for her to learn all aspects of modern life,from every possible angle.

I would only be questioning the school if i found this subject to be having an adverse effect on her,but she seems to be quite interested in the idea of it all.

Why do you think it is OK for your daughter's teacher to be teaching her BELIEF as FACT? Why don’t you think it will have an adverse effect on your daughter to believe that aliens ARE DEFINITELY going to land next July? What happens when they don’t? What are you going to say to your daughter about her complete loss of faith in what everything a teacher says to her from then onwards, and then she gives up on taking anything teachers say as true?

You cannot ignore the fact that there is no current irrefutable PROOF of alien life, and certainly no evidence to suggest they will land next July. To be happy that your daughter is being taught BELIEF as FACT is an odd stance to take. It is no different to your daughter being taught the world is flat and that gravity does not exit. Some people still actually believe that, would you want that taught to your daughter regardless of whether it is factual or not?

If you wanted to tell your daughter about aliens and UFOs that is your choice, but school is a place for FACTUAL EDUCATION not wild speculation or the promoting of the teacher’s world view.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

No no,the comment was not aimed at you,but i thought you might see the same mentality developing as i have in some of the other posts.

Some people seem to be on the verge of repulsion at the thought of this info being given to children.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Cheers - see - I'm as paranoid as the next guy!! LOL

I know - it's quite disturbing isn't it?

Also I think people need to realise that it's also nearly the end of the school year and this is when all the craziness happens.

I don;t think the teacher was stating anything as 'FACT' as it has been put, in anything other than a hypothetical situation designed to engage students in some tasks.

Maybe the teacher is into UFO's but so what? When I have a spare ten minutes, I'm happy to discuss John Lear's theories with my students. They all just think I'm mental though, so it's ace.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is very interesting, because i have noticed some remarkable pieces of UFO/Aliens content in the school books of my kids too.
My children are 9 and 10 years old and they live and go to school in Greece since last November.
I was a quite stunned when i looked into their new 3rd and 4th class primary school books and saw stories and about Aliens and their space ships, since i cant remember that school books contained anything at all about this subject at the time when i went to school.
I also had the idea that thit could be part of an disclosure program.

If anyone is interested, i can scan the relevant pages and post them here.

Greets,
Kay

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't think a teacher is roll playing when putting out specific information as she/he has done.

I had to go check out something you wrote and the way you wrote it before I made a comment on it. What I am talking about is this:

"Shortly afterwards sightings all around the World."

Okay now I am very concerned. If these sightings are of a massive fast and furious type this is not good. I was told long ago they would confer to interfere (in mass) only one time and that is if we were about to "DESTROY" Earth for if we destroyed Earth we would destroy there Laboratory.

I know I am going to be aware more then ever of the work paper coming home from school this next school year and keep a check with conversations between teachers and students.

link   

reply to post by machinegun_go_go

No no,the comment was not aimed at you,but i thought you might see the same mentality developing as i have in some of the other posts.

Some people seem to be on the verge of repulsion at the thought of this info being given to children.

Peace

Was your comment aimed at me? I have been contributing to this thread from page one so to say I haven't read the thread properly would be ridiculous.

Also I have made it very clear that it is not the information itself that is the problem but the fact that your daughter's teacher is passing off her beliefs to your daughter as fact in what is an EDUCATIONAL setting not a new age church.

I note you have ignored all posters in this thread that don't share your point of view. How about a real debate from you and not just repeating that you think it is OK? You raised the issue how about debating all the aspects of it not just the ones you agree with?

link   
I find it more plausible that a teacher suffering from dementia would tell their students such things and create a lesson plan regarding aliens than the possibility of government prepping.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

I am pretty sure that at almost every school in the country,come christmas time, a lot of those kids will be painting pictures of Santa and his reindeer.Whats the difference?
Santa will be coming on the 25th december,kids!
Are you saying that is totally wrong to tell children that?

I could be starting a storm here but, is'nt all religion actually a belief and not a fact?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What's up with Australia, why would Aliens go there?

What would they pick up there, shamans or something?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If I had the chance I would have drew myself with a machine gun shooting the UFO, the aliens, there would have been dead alien bodies all about with vultures picking at the alien corpses. Needless to say I bet with out a doubt you would have been down in the schools psychologist office trying to explain why your child was shooting these things that may or may not exist. No one would even question why the teacher was telling kids stuff about aliens and landings at all?

Seriously though this should be left up to adults and kids when they get older about maybe in mid teens late teens. why freak them out now. Kids should have fun and be innocent and not worry about aliens, disclosure and the possible religious questions it may raise.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
See Ats thread Here and the press reports from the LAN Here

knew id seen them somewhere...

Like i said earlier, its nothing to worry about

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceman84

Fantastic post, dude. :-)

You could have titled it 'Dulce - Round 2 - On The Surface'

To the poster who mentioned dementia...wouldn't the teacher just be banging on about their past if that was the case? I find that comment a little harsh to be honest.

Cheers,

MGGG

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
If you look at the worksheets carefully it looks like they are from a curriculum textbook, so the sheets themselves probably have nothing to do with the teacher. I'm not too sure how it works where you are. But I have a friend who is a teacher and he regularly picks lessons from units in the book he needs to cover. As far as the story goes...Its interesting to say the least.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What is there to debate?
My daughter told me the story,i have seen the home work sheets,and i have posted the story on here.
I can try and answer any questions that you have,but surely the debating should be between the readers of these posts?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks, scobro for posting the worksheets.

After viewing them, I can't believe the beat-up that this thread has received and the amount of idiotic, over-the-top responses from some members.

The first 'worksheet' is produced by Heinemann. I use the word 'worksheet' very loosely, as the sheet is numbered page 43 from the textbook! The teacher did not create this! Teachers rarely have time to create anything original. The Heinemann series of maths text books published in Victoria are not very good. There are better text books, namely the Essential series.

The second worksheet is from a different book, as the fonts are different. Again, the teacher did not create this. This sheet is not designed to collect and collate observational data about students' psychological reactions to seeing UFOs. It's just a worksheet prompting a hypothetical response to a 'fictional' episode.

The teachers of that particular Year level, probably decided to do a small unit of work on 'aliens'. They found a few related worksheets from different resource books and photocopied them for the students.

scobro, your daughter probably does not use the Heinemann text book for her maths classes. I can almost guarantee that the teacher went to the shelf of books at the back of the Maths office, found an old copy of that Heinemann book and copied the page. If anything, the teacher may be guilty of copyright infringement, as there was no 'permission to copy' label on this sheet. Big deal, almost every teacher does it.

To all those who want to persecute this teacher - get a life. Your attitude to something that you don't have a clue about, is juvenile. Take a flick through some text books and look at the many different contexts used in them. There's guaranteed to be something that will piss some of you off. Far out, some people annoy me. Did you all overlook the fact that scobro's daughter didn't make a mistake with her multiplication? I'm surprised, that as a 7 year old, she didn't find some pencils to colour in the UFO!

[edit on 16-7-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

One of the best most level headed posts I have ever come across.

Eloquent and perfectly put.

Have a star.

I think that just about sums it up.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When I was 7-8 years of age I was heavily into Star Wars.

If my school work had aliens on or some kind of space ship then I would have paid more attention to it and done a good piece of work with it

I think it is more about making the work "interesting" to kids as opposed to some kind of sinister plot.

As for the comments made....maybe your daughter misunderstood the teacher describing an imaginary visit as a lead up to the work sheet with the "worrying incident"? Also kids will always suffer from chinese whispers so might have got jazzed up a bit?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that at almost every school in the country,come christmas time, a lot of those kids will be painting pictures of Santa and his reindeer.Whats the difference?
Santa will be coming on the 25th december,kids!
Are you saying that is totally wrong to tell children that?

I could be starting a storm here but, is'nt all religion actually a belief and not a fact?

That's not the same at all. Kids believing in Santa is nothing big at all. they expect presents, they get presents. Years later, they learn Santa doesn't exist, but by that time they could care less. Telling a seven year old that aliens will land on three continents and then be seen worldwide in 2009 is much different. The kid is expecting it and when/if it doesn't happen... they're crushed. Their teacher lied to them and keep pressing it in so much that they got excited and were let down. It's like saying "We're going to Disney Land on the 4th!" for a year and then... "no."

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am not sure I agree that this is possible disclosure.

The worksheets look like just that - work sheets but made interesting by adding a theme - making boring sums a way to to solve a puzzle. The other one to do with what if I would again say is role play/imagination thing made more interesting by looking at what if aliens landed in the playground.

The teachers statement about future landings and collecting things could just be hinting to an ongoing project in the next school year themed to aliens and ufos which would encompass a range of subjects such as geography, maths etc. Again made more interesting by theming.

There are so many books, tv progs and games that have an alien theme and are popluar with kids. Teachers are just making school work more interesting by making it relevant to what kids are into.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join