It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You should be wary of teachers who tell your children things like "Aliens are going to land all over the place next July," because next July will come, and ain't no Aliens going to land anywhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Without sounding too strange,i have kind of wondered about that for a while now.
Why would Aliens do anything to help the adult population of Earth,as it is the adults who have caused all of Earths problems,bar none.
Why not just concentrate on the next generation,and teach them how to live harmoniously with the planet and all on it?

Maybe us adults will be taken out of the equation altogether!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Im 23 and not that old so my memmory of school here in the US is still really fresh. No we never talked about aliens, area 51 and disclosure in my time in school. Not even in high school. Also I went to public school. So if there was any preping for disclosure it would go on there.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sounds like this Teacher of hers has been spending a little too much time on ATS....

Im sure it's not the schools uniform worksheets he's giving out, most likely the individual teacher made them himself.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Have you talked to other students? Other parents? Other teachers? This teacher? Why are you still here in this thread and not asking what's going on if you believe your daughter?

In general, I just moved and have a whole bunch of books from childhood. Some involve witches, ghosts, and aliens. That doesn't mean Golden Books was indoctrinating us into the occult. But specifically, the things your daughter is telling you, if true, should worry you even if you believe them or tend to believe/want the whole disclosure thing to be real.

It's still inappropriate behavior for a teacher.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I really don't think this is a big deal at all. I know teachers who use all kinds of crazy situations to try to engage students in terms of writing. Now the whole 'how would you feel if aliens landed on the yard?' is, in my view, a particularly good exercise as it will allow students to write about mixed emotions in a way that will not cause any 'issues' to arise within the class in terms of family situation etc.

I also have no doubt at all that schools are not being used as part of any disclosure program by the UK government.

It is a harmless exercise and I truly feel that by making an issue of it you will do yourself no favours here with the school. There's nothing going on here. Just a writing and thought stimulus.

Jeremy - I'm afraid I don't see how it's inappropriate at all...

Cheers,

MGGG

[edit on 16-7-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

HI.

My daughters teacher is actually quite a young woman.
Maybe early 30's

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

all I can say is - wow

and, I would've felt a little excited too - if your kid was excited

I agree with some - the first sheet doesn't seem as big a deal - but what the 2nd one implies is amazing

I could see it being just an exercise to make a kid think about how they would react in a new situation - I really could

but still - it's a much more interesting choice of examples when you match it to what your teacher is actually saying to the kids in person

on the whole discussion of disclosure, I always wonder just how would it happen - all at once - or dissemination?

if the public is being made aware that their local firemen are in fact trained in handling crashed UFOs, then I'm guessing it's all going to trickle in to our awareness

www.liveleak.com...

if they ask your child to actually think about it - that's all it takes

because once she considers it - especially from a personal involvement point of view - she's less likely to be shocked if something actually happens

and - I actually think that's a good idea - for all of us

the disclosure topic is huge - but this is about your own child and her teacher

if she's just an individual with an interest and her own agenda - I wouldn't be happy at all - even if she's sincere and well intentioned

even if she actually knows something

because since you believe disclosure is coming - you still have the right as her parent to discuss these sorts of things with your own child the way you would like to discuss it - you know her

when I was just about her age - I had a teacher who locked the classroom door, made us all sit around him in a circle - made us promise not to tell our parents what he was going to tell us - because it was special information just for us - a secret

he then proceeded to explain that evolution was wrong - and about Adam and Eve - continuing on all the way to a nice talk about which races were OK - and which definitely weren't

there's so many ways to look at that - and I'm not tryingto start a debate about Creationism vs. Darwinism

the fact of the matter is - it wasn't his place to teach personal views to his students

but then, if the teacher is doing what she's been asked to do - where do you even start?

obviously something bigger is going on

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Inappropriate if she's telling the students that aliens are going to land next year, etc. Creative writing is one thing...but imposing a belief system, which is what this sounds more like, is another. (That said, I did check out the first 2 kid's assignments posted here and they seem harmless. It's just the landing in July info that's troubling.)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
In this whole world, one teacher showing one child a sketch of UFO and telling some story is called disclosure ??

If it is, its a shame.

So if some teachers tells one students to write an essay on pink fairy, is that a prep for disclosure of existence of fairies to the whole world ?

Overactive imagination taken to limits here ....

Are you saying that fairys are imaginairy?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
First, I know I'm not the only poster here with a long memory, but this "almost disclosure time" thing goes around about every decade or so. When the original Majic-12 films were mailed, everybody was buzzing about disclosure. Someone, I can't remember who, was actually contracted by the USAF to make a public relations movie about alien contact, supposedly to be shown just before the big announcement was made. I've been hearing that disclosure was immanent for more than thirty years.
I'm sure your daughter is telling the truth. I had a chemistry teacher in 1971 who was sure that Bigfoot existed and would talk for hours if you'd let him. Final result - no Bigfoot.
This disclosure thing is dis-something all right. Disinformation.

link   

As i have previously stated,i have no desire to confront my daughters teacher,or school regarding the subject,i am quite happy for her to learn all aspects of modern life,from every possible angle.

I would only be questioning the school if i found this subject to be having an adverse effect on her,but she seems to be quite interested in the idea of it all.

But be in no doubt,i will be monitoring her closely when she returns to school.

link   
Thanks Jeremy,

Has it occured to anyone that perhaps the teacher was just making the scenario as real as possible...I've done it myself to engage kids.

In the meantime, check this out...

www.teachingenglish.org.uk...

See - it's a completely normal topic.

As has been said here before - perhaps we all get a little overly paranoid from time to time.

To reiterate - teachers would never be part of some disclosure agenda - we are not trustworthy enough.

Cheers,

MGGG

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The first sheet, the one with the alien's 'message' could be nothing. It looks like a simple way of getting children to think maths is more 'fun'. There is nothing in that sheet to suggest it is more than that.

The second sheet, the one asking the child to comment on what they, and their friends, would do if an alien landed in their school is far more of a concern. Firstly it is illegal to use any materials in school to test psychological reactions of children without explicit written permission of the parent. And that is the only possible use of that sheet. Secondly, it does not teach anything and does not relate to any key stage targets. It is entirely to determine the child's mental and emotional reaction to a situation.

The issue raised here by the OP is that is this an indication of disclosure and some preparation of his child for disclosure. If you really suspect your child is being psychologically tested and prepared for something like that you should really get on top of it and investigate the matter further with the board of governors of the school.

A big concern with this that has been overlooked so far is that that teacher is passing off BELIEF as FACT. And if she is telling the children that next July aliens WILL DEFINITELY LAND someone needs to speak to her. At what point are you going to walk up to the teacher and ask her "why are you telling my child this unsubstantiated rubbish?" Whether you believe in aliens or not you have to agree there is no conclusive proof that they do and so to allow that to be taught as FACT in schools, and to your child, is irresponsible. How are children going to learn anything of value if they take EVERYTHING as fact, even if it's a fairy tale! What next, the moon is made of cheese. I wonder why the UK is so far behind in science education?

And people get really angry if their kids are taught God and religion as FACT and not belief, but they are happy for all this alien stuff to pass under the radar as fact.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Actually what the day care teacher said to that little 3 yr. old girl and the little girl told you is right on the mark so I am a little taken back by it really.

My granddaughter does that first math type paper also but not with aliens on it and the puzzle saying hi! I might not think anything of that particular math paper but I would be very concerned knowing that paper was done with the conversation the teacher followed with.

As with everyone else that second paper is way out of place.

What has me questioning this is with them being told this learning will continue in the next school year and these children being told why they are coming and when.

I would think in school teachings this is not logical and totally uncalled for unless they are being prepped for something. Locations, why (seeds) and date (July) is to pointed for a simple homework paper or two.

This doesn't add up to me as a normal thing.

I can see things being said in the school maybe as questions and answer session and what are your thought in a group setting but this teacher gave these locations and time frame and reason for coming this is not normal at all.

I'm concerned to say the least so a star and flag and a digg

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I know exactly what you're saying there scobro.

Some people, though, don't always have such a level headed attitude as yourself though.

Have a look at the worksheets link I posted and I hope that it will put your mind at rest.

And both those sheets are either from a textbook or some other resource pack - you can tell by the layout and page number etc.

The teacher did not create that and is just role playing with the kids.

Cheers.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi there OP. I have read most of this thread except the last couple pages. As many others have said, I wouldn't put much stock into the worksheets *themselves*. However I am curious to know, were these worksheets handed out before the teacher stated the next July landings, or after? I just wonder if she chose these particular worksheets to sort of warm the children up to what she was planning on telling them.

Also, lol if you ever decide to chat with the teacher about what she may have said, could you ask her where she gets her information?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I had a science teacher that wasn't quite right after his father died and then he got into a motorcycle accident. One of those people you look at and know are "off." Well he used to give us quizzes on different types of military weapons and vehicles out of the blue because he wanted to see what we knew.

Science class!

This didn't adversely affect me because I was in high school and knew he was crazy. Had I been a seven-year-old, however....

As to July of '09 - Isn't that the date Steve Bassett has been giving?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

As i have stated many times during this thread,i have no paranoia regarding this subject,i simply posted the thread as i found it a highly interesting topic that a 7 year old would come out with,and wanted to find out if any other parents had heard any similar stories from their children?

I wish people would actually take the time to read the posts!

Ever get the feeling that some people would like to start a witch hunt!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Whoa - hope you don't mean me there in the witch hunt comment coz that is certainly not my intention...

Just trying to be helpful and explain a few things.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join