It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The first picture there seems to be a normal homework sheet. Nothing odd about it. The second picture, however, is a bit more odd. It's not crazy, mind you, just odd. I remember some homework like that when I was a child, but with walking-talking trees instead.

The thing you should be worried about is that the teacher is straying for the curriculum to tell children about aliens. I'm pretty sure that it's against school rules for a teacher to teach kids conspiracy theories and push/teach personal beliefs.

Sorry if this was already said; I didn't have time to read over every comment.

P.S - Is it possible she could be talking about the new X-files movie that comes out this July?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I am kind of curious about this. Doesn't all curriculum have to be approved by either the school board or the dept of education? How would these two papers be distributed to the students as an actual assignment without some sort of approval? I am not involved in any way with education, so I honestly do not know if there is a protocol or not and if so, how strictly it is followed/enforced. My grandson will turn 7 in 3 weeks, he starts 1st grade next year, I will certainly be on the lookout for this kind of material. This will at least give us an idea of how localized this is or if in fact it is something we need to be concerned with.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
reply to post by FIFIGI

"AWA' AND STOP SPEAKIN SH*TE"!

All I'm sayin' is don't you wanna know why July next year - where did that come form? Homework is fine - we all have had odd tests at school, but I never heard about any teacher making to his class such extraordinary claims... those are too specific, aren't they?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Doesn't all curriculum have to be approved by either the school board or the dept of education?

When my younger sister was in High School she was in a class for problematic students.
The teacher was a witch.
She would darken the room and light candles and hold séances.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There were only two times aliens were brought up in class by teachers. One time at theology class covering "newage" and one time briefly during physics discussing the vastness of the universe, the teacher wondered if there would be life on other worlds.

reply to post by FIFIGI

As i have stated previously,i have no real problem with what my daughter has taken home.
My only real question was,why Aliens?

Maybe the designer of the books simply wanted to do something different than cute little animals accompanying the maths? I assume (because of the (C) dating 2000) there are other schools using the same maths instruction books for years but without any alien gospel teachers so no one takes notice. In your case, one event told by your daughter makes you investigate and question anything that refers to aliens at your daughters school. Afterall at the time you thought some of the alien drawings used were strange but let it go by, dismissing it. So would many other parents (I bet many don't even read their kids' study material) unless the teacher starts to tell about aliens landing, not exactly an official stand.

If you're daughter is right in what she said about the teacher telling his own beliefs about aliens going to land I'd worry as a parent what this would do to my childs still developing psyche. Kids might go crazy and get excited about an alien landing, then they'll be let down when it didn't happen. Is that teacher going to say after summer how the aliens will land somewhere next year and they'll have to get prepared for it? Maybe even "don't tell mom and dad"?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FIFIGI

They are indeed extraordinary claims!

I mean,she did'nt even pause when she rattled off the story,Africa,Egypt,Australia,next July,collecting seeds or plants or something,then shortly afterwards,sightings all round the world!

My daughter was so convincing,that i actually started to get a bit excited inside!
I asked her several times if she was sure that was what she was told,and she assured me it was.
If she did make this story up,then i see her having a great future as a screenwriter!
Make a great film>

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would be weary about some of the stuff children are into these days, if Barrack Obama is using the Jonas Brothers and Myley Cyrus to market a new form of change in the islamo regime then i would definetly be concerned.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Ok, just a mere observation right off the bat, the pages are out of a workbook, just looking at the pages you can tell. If I hadn't looked at the pages however, after reading the OP, I would get the impression the teacher was the one that totally came up with the subject/idea. However, since one of the pages is a math problem, doesn't hold to much water since you can input any cartoon character into that puzzle.

2nd thing is, the other page is very very odd to me. I'm not entire sure what the subject would be for the non-math page.

~Under what subject would you put her response under, Health? but, at the age 7, would sociology even be in the curriculum?

~What are the 'normal' subjects that are taught that might include these answers. I didn't see the subject title in the page itself, I'd have to assume it was for math, but, i'm dumbfounded on what the other subject would be.

~Can you get a snapshot of the book cover? It would be interesting to see who the publisher is.

reply to post by cheebay

Hi.

I think i would rather wait and see if anything more develops from the situation.
And if disclosure is coming,then i am more than happy for my daughter to learn a little more about it.

As i stated before,i would only step in if the subject were upsetting her in some way,but by the way she was talking,she seems to be interested and excited about the prospect of Alien visitors,and certainly doesn't seem scared by it.

I must admit,i can't wait til they arrive!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Interesting story! Very odd indeed.

I have something to add though, the first piece of homework you uploaded here is one I have seen many times when I was at school (in England).

The picture is exactly the same as the ones I used to have around the year 2000. I'd have been in year 8 at the time, so quite a bit older, the maths was more advanced, but the picture (flying saucer and alien hand) is exactly the same.

The second piece is much more odd and I've never seen anything like that before. Why ask questions like that? What would kids possibly learn from being asked questions like that? Or is the gvmt trying to learn from them?

So, first piece of homework - irrelevant, I had the exact same pictures on mine 8 years ago.

Second one, very odd, no idea why a question like this would be asked to 7 year olds.

Teachers story of aliens landing - even more odd, no explanation to this either.

Keep me updated

Flagged and starred.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this - I have not seen anything untowards in my daughters school (south of the border).

I help run a scout group and we often cover subjects around UFOs, aliens and robots - mainly because:

1. Kids have a genuine interest in planets and stars and rockets. It isn't a great leap to ask what might live on another plane?
2. It is a good subject to let their imagination run wild - they can really go to town describing an alien or an alien village ( a child's imagination is infinitely more fertile than an adults)
3. More for robots - they are dead easy to build from boxes!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying, yes I believe in UFO's, the government knows, and we are being lied to...not a "skeptic"

However, the homework your daughter has been given is just part of a curriculum...I see nothing odd in it to say the least. Kids are exposed to aliens, magic, pixies, pokemon etc. Look at the cartoons and movies they watch. This homework is just a way of relating to them...something that might be fantastical and exciting to encourage them to think and write something meaningful. If your child was given 10 lessons that included superman as a topic, would you start to think that the government was priming your daughter for disclosure on superheroes?

As for her mentioning aliens landing in July, she is a kid, they have tea parties with talking stuffed animals, they fire imaginary bullets and bows & arrows at each other...its called an imagination. Perhaps her teacher mentioned something, perhaps not. If it really strikes you as odd, I would suggest talking to the people in charge of the school curiculum.

~ SciDoc

----------
edit: I also grew up in the UK and recall similar homework to that as a young girl....this was between the years 1981-1995.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by SciDoc]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Sorry,no can do.

The sheets came home separately,maybe a couple of weeks apart.
I have to admit most of the homework that she brought home was fairly run of the mill stuff,mostly in her homework jotter,very rarely did she get sheets like this home,that is why they stuck out so much.

My Wife is hardly what you would call a "believer",but you should have saw the look on her face when she saw the "playground" sheet!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

i imeaditly got two feelings when reading this,

1. if you were gonna start discloseing alien life forms what better age to start with than children.

2. my second feeling was that this was not school sactioned and her teacher may be lurking on this site

but i dont know which it could be. just my thoughts on this..

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SciDoc

I understand what you are saying but,why are they using symbols of such an emotive subject?
Some members on here literally tear each other apart trying to prove or disprove the existence of Aliens and the like!
I have never seen anyone on here trying to prove or disprove the existence of "Pokemon"!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Notice how alot of the commercials nowadays have lizards in them

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Anyway,just this week my daughter and i were out on a walk,when suddenly she blurted out that her teacher had told the class before they broke up for the summer,that an Alien landing was going to be happening next July!!

Naturally i was a bit taken aback by this statement,and so i asked my daughter what exactly her teacher had said to the class.
Apparently the teacher had said that Aliens were going to be landing in Africa,Egypt,and Australia to pick something up,(of this my daughter was'nt exactly clear about.Something to do with seeds or plants she thought).The teacher then went on to say that after that,the alien visitors would be seen all round the world,and that the children were not to be afraid,as they had come to help all mankind!

This is one of those perspective things, I'd hate to alarm anyone. Aliens have been known to help mankind out before in such ways. When mankind if facing distruction on a massive scale, it wouldn't be right to leave the children here to suffer. Being that children are the seeds of humankind to grow up like plants, might it be linked to the 2012 phenomenon? Might the seeds the ufo's are coming to pick up be your children?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
Hoax alert.

First off, seeing videos of American grownups not able to point out where the middle east is on a map makes me wonder. Your 7 year old child does? You don't even know that egypt is IN africa? Her teacher should know... get your facts straight man..

Edit: I guess you have the teachers telephone number. Why don't you call her before you post? To clear this up ..

[edit on 16-7-2008 by tep200377]

You have to keep in mind that kids today are getting smarter and most adults didn't latch on to what they were taught in school. This is a still fresh in her mind. Your hoax calling is invalid for these reasons.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good thread OP.
I haven't read the entire thread yet, and will do later today, I just want to jump in and comment.

Last year I was babysitting a 4 yr old, and I don't recall what brought the subject up, but she said things about aliens that caught my attention. I asked her where she got this info, was it a movie, a TV show, a book? Eventually she said her pre-school teacher told them this. I tried not to make any suggestions to her, so what she said wasn't influenced by my own ideas.

She said: Aliens are real. They are nice and visit humans (she called them hoomans) in spaceships. They have 3 toes, like claw feet and walk (she did the walk to show me) with their feet not really touching the ground. They can walk through walls. They have big heads, big eyes and are skinny, with long skinny arms, and weird skin. They have no clothes. They live in the water. They have sticks that poke you. I forgot what else she said now.

I told her mother that I hope she knows this school is teaching about aliens, but she just shrugged it off and said she probably made it up and to ignore it. This particular school did not accept children with any allergies.

On another occasion, when we were watching TV, an actor had put on a disguise with fake skin. She said "Some people wear fake skin, over their real skin". I told her this was a TV show and the guy had make-up on and you saw them taking his make-up off. Her answer was "I know that he was faking the skin, but some people can put on fake skin and you can't tell. Some people are't real humans, but you just think they are. I asked her why she thinks that and she just said "I just know". She uses the word humans alot. Talks about aliens and spaceships alot, insisting aliens are real.

Having said this, children do tend to tell fantasy based stories, and this child is no acception, but at that age, it's hard to imagine her coming up with these ideas on her own, and she did say her teacher told her this. I have no idea where she got the fake skin idea from.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by violet]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You have to remember that our education system is socialized and ran by the government. This could just be a survey that is done in a way that does not disclose anything to the parents. They did not count on an ATS'er to be a parent I suppose. LOL!

Discloser will happen on their time and not ours. When I say "Their" I don't mean the government.

My old high school was set up as an observatory for scientific study of students. We could see them in these corner windows build into the walls inside the school. The public education system is one big experiment and your children are being studied. Why, I do not know.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

sweet, we did simmiler ones back in primary school
years ago,

not that its brought me any intrests in UFOs or such
then or now

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join