It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by earthchild

Thanx for your kind words.

It is a nice change to hear support like that,rather than being criticised for my parenting style.

Thanx

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
I am pretty sure that at almost every school in the country,come christmas time, a lot of those kids will be painting pictures of Santa and his reindeer.Whats the difference?
Santa will be coming on the 25th december,kids!
Are you saying that is totally wrong to tell children that?

I could be starting a storm here but, is'nt all religion actually a belief and not a fact?

If you think there is no difference why are you making a big deal about her teacher telling her that in the first place in your OP? Where are your threads about Santa and a hidden disclosure agenda? You know the difference but you don’t want to admit it.

Why do you think Muslims don’t send their children to Catholic schools and Catholics don’t send their children to Jewish schools? Most people choose VERY carefully what beliefs they want their children taught along with their formal factual education. What is odd is that you don’t care what is taught as a BELIEF to your child. Or are you saying the school your daughter goes to is an Alien school and you knew it was run by Aliens?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

surely the debating should be between the readers of these posts?

It is usual for people who start a debate or discussion to participate in it. Why did you start the discussion if you just want to stand back and watch your post points increase? It obvious the subject matter of your OP was going to attract a lot of attention and response.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by UFOpsychiczebra]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yuwain

I am pretty sure that at almost every school in the country,come christmas time, a lot of those kids will be painting pictures of Santa and his reindeer.Whats the difference?
Santa will be coming on the 25th december,kids!
Are you saying that is totally wrong to tell children that? ...

That's not the same at all. Kids believing in Santa is nothing big at all. they expect presents, they get presents. Years later, they learn Santa doesn't exist, but by that time they could care less. Telling a seven year old that aliens will land on three continents and then be seen worldwide in 2009 is much different. The kid is expecting it and when/if it doesn't happen... they're crushed. Their teacher lied to them and keep pressing it in so much that they got excited and were let down. It's like saying "We're going to Disney Land on the 4th!" for a year and then... "no."

Excellent point Yuwain. And what happens when Scobro's daughter finds out the alien landing is a lie and asks "Why didn't you tell me the teacher was lying Dad?".

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOpsychiczebra

Please read my original post,and if you can find an instance of me making ,"a big deal about her teacher telling her that",please point it out to me.

Thanx.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman84
No offense to the poster of this thread but if the responses are bothering you this much then maybe you shoudnt have posted it, You said your ok with the teacher telling her this stuff about aliens. If your ok with it you should have just said "my daughters learning about extra terrestrial life, good for her" and moved on with your life in general. You posted the thread and it sounded like you had some concern.

I agree. Why is scobro posting about it at all if he has no concern about the situation? Of course him posting the word disclosure in the subject title is an attention grabber. Read the OP and his subsequent posts and he hypes it up for the OP and then plays it down after that, why put that he thinks it is possible prepping for 'disclosure' in the subject and OP but then he says it is not a big deal in all his later posts? . Odd.

Also its a message board so there will be all types of differing opinion,

Excellent point. And one that the OP should have thought about before posting about what is obviously a controversial subject.

I would be concerned about what she said about the alien landings, I wouldnt want her strapping my kid with those possibilties. … I believe in the possibility of alien life but i dont preach to every one I see about it, especially kids.

I agree spaceman84. It is unbelievable that any parent would be happy for their kids to be told that aliens will land by such and such a date by their teacher. All the parents I know would be horrified if their children were being fed that kind of irresponsible lie. If that teacher is talking about Aliens landing next July who knows what else she is telling those kids.

Would scobro be happy if a stranger on a bus told his daughter that Alien lie? Or does he think it is only OK for her teacher to be lying to her about Alien landings next July? Why? Because the teacher is in a position of trust? Surely, because the teacher is in a position of trust is why she should not be abusing the children's trust by lying to them about Alien landings!

I note that spaceman84 says 'especially kids' when they say who they would not preach to, and that is exactly the point - kids are especially vulnerable and should not be lied to by a carer in a position of trust, as a teacher is.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Please read my original post,and if you can find an instance of me making ,"a big deal about her teacher telling her that",please point it out to me.

Thanx.

I don't need to. It is self evident and I'll leave it for people to judge for themselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by casu10
It seems this scottish heinemann series really like alliens.
See scottish heinemann maths 3: Shape Activity Book cover:

books.google.com.br...,M1

scottish heinemann maths 3: Activity Book
books.google.com.br...

Edit to add another, with ufos, alliens, elfs(?)
books.google.com.br...,M1

[edit on 16-7-2008 by casu10]

[edit on 16-7-2008 by casu10]

Interesting links. It is also interesting that those sample pages can be printed and filled in if someone wanted to and then use them as so called proof of something on the internet. As I said before, scanning sheets into a computer doesn’t prove the background story is true. Maybe it isn't the teacher with an overactive imagination?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You are right this is a premade sheet. In the bottom right hand corner of the first sheet it says Scottish heinemann maths. Heinemann is a commonly used text book publisher in the Uk. I used a heinemann book in college for social care.
Also does anyone remember the little black alien in old bugs bunny cartoons that kept kidnapping him and shooting his ray gun? aliens have been in cartoons longer than we realise.
Marvin the martian that was his name. It was bugging me that i couldnt remember.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOpsychiczebra

I don't need to. It is self evident and I'll leave it for people to judge for themselves.

Or perhaps you don't want to!!

Not once during the course of this thread,have i openly stated that i thought this was disclosure!

If you look at the title, "Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?",you will quite clearly see that there is a question mark at the end of the sentence.That means i am asking a question.Ok?

It is entirely up to the membership how they take onboard the info i have supplied.It is up to them to draw there own conclusions.My own beliefs on the matter are not important,i know what i believe,but i am more interested in finding out what the general membership make of the subject.

If you notice in the original post,i certainly ask more in the way of questions, rather than making definite statements.
I want to know what people think! What is wrong with that?
I even finish the post with a question to other parents to ask if they were getting similar stories from their kids!

Also,to suggest that i would fake the sheets that i have uploaded,is pretty damned low.
Perhaps you would stoop to that kind of thing.I certainly would'nt.

As for the subject of my points score,that seems to bother you.
Thanks to you and your unhealthy obssession with trying to bait me,my points score is looking rather healthy.

Thanx very much and keep them coming!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
The teacher's motives are not important. What is important is my child potentially being made fearful by the actions. No one can know a person's motives, and few people know their own motives that well.

ANY subject at school can potentially cause fear in some children. Does that mean that we don't teach them anything, in case we make SOME of them scared?

I know students who stay home from school, as they are frightened of doing topic tests. Others stay home, as they are frightened of delivering oral speeches in English classes. Some students feel fear when they study History, looking at previous World Wars and seeing the destructive capability we have now - wondering if they will ever live through a war. I've also seen some students absolutely fearful for their future in maths classes, when they see how much a $250,000 home loan will cost them over the course of 25 years. They know they are slaves to the grind with repayments. Many students also battle the fear of rejection from their peers, each and every day.

Shielding children from fear is not possible. Teaching them to recognise and cope with fear will help them be far more resilient and more prepared for the real world. Remember, when a child leaves school, they have to face the real world and it can be very fearful for those who are not prepared.

If you didn't want your child to ever potentially feel fear, then why did you elect to bear them into this world? Understanding and coping with fear is part of the human psyche.

I guess that you were content with the blissful 'fear-free' education your children receieved. Well done for being their shield and censor.

Remember this pearl of wisdom: Not coping with fear leads to the Dark Side...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by tezzajw]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

You should get off ATS and start contacting other parents and the teachers.Instead of exploiting your child attempt to understand her,if she is being fed this info you as her guardian are responsible to find out why she is being taught such rubbish.

Unless you don't believe her and in that case why are you wasting our time?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I remember back in the 1980's in middle school I was given an assignment where I had to read the beginning of a story, accompinied by some drawings and had to finish the story and use the drawings in my story as well. No big deal right? Well the story started out about two kids who saw a UFO while camping in the back yard one night. They told the parents and of course no one believed them. From that part the story ended and the assignment was to write my own ending. The drawings that were included I felt told the story without words... there was a picture of the UFO "parked" on the ground and the two kids talking to two aliens. Then another picture was a huge war and a mushroom cloud. The next picture was a farmer with a pitchfork, overlooking his dead crops from a hillside. The next was a few UFO's flying through space, approaching a planet in the background. And then finally the farmer and the two kids, plus others smiling staring at a huge field of healthy crops.
I remember it so vividly because even then I thought "Wow what a cool assignment this is!", but now looking back, I guess it was a bit strange. Perhaps the "educators" think the topics of UFO's will keep kids interested? O r maybe..something else hehe. Anyways, just thought I would add this, and if it matters I attended Public school in the U.S. (yes I know god have pity on me)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

Just an observation regarding the worksheets!

They are copywritten as of the year 2000. Logically, if there was an intention to start disclosure preperation NOW, then they would create new worksheets, rather than rummage through millions of them to find one relating to aliens.

This is something against the idea of them prepping your daughter for disclosure

Ben

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Again, you are taking comments out of context. Creating a fear by suggesting things which won't happen, bringing up concepts before the child is ready to cope are unnecessary and counter-productive.

Just like too-early sexualization, there is ample reason to offer some protection up to a point.

It's not up to the teacher to go beyond her lesson plan and introduce concepts like this and I would object to that, but would exercise due-diligence to insure I knew what was going on, first.

You can bring your children up as you wish. My omments were suggestions and opinions offered as an aid to the OP. If you don't like it, don't read it. The OP is free to accept or reject them as well.

Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I would like to add that I myself as a parent, have raised my kids around paranormal ideas. They are used to it. They even go ghost hunting and sky-watching with me. They don't freak out at the idea of the otherworldly. They are used to it.
I think this is a neat thread, I asked my youngest son who is 10. He says no they haven't mentioned it in school (we live in the US) ... if anything he tells peeps what I do, I write about and investigate the paranormal.
I was very sincere when I asked where the teacher got her info because I am curious to know how she came about it. I am still also curious to know if the worksheets were introduced to the children before or after what the teacher stated.
I understand that you don't plan on asking your daughter's teacher about the situation, but still, if you change your mind, and it turns out she said all that, I want to know as a writer where she heard this stuff from or how she came to those conclusions.
Furthermore I think if a child is raised with parents who think outside the box, as I was with my dad, they will grow up to think outside the box as well... The ones who think outside the box IMO, are the ones who make a difference in this world.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by proof_tracey]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Learning about Tesla would be better but the Illuminati has made up
everything about him as well as Aliens.

UFOs are OK if you tell her Tesla designed the parts.

Use @ for flat coil, || for negative charge beamer and you, have
something like
^
< || >
( @ )

And looks like a cat. (if the spacing is right)

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm a little late to the party but would like to put my two cents in.

$.01: The worksheet appears to have been produced professionally. I doubt the teacher even has time to design the worksheets!

$.02: I'm guessing this is party of a study to see how the kids would react to the idea of something new and/or unknown. It could be a psychological exercise to see how they'd react to new or unknown things, or to encourage them to "think outside the box", as cliché as that sounds..

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by proof_tracey

Hi.

My daughter gave me the story just a few days ago.
She claims,the teacher told the class this info just before they broke up for the holidays.
The worksheets appeared a couple of months ago,maybe a couple of weeks apart.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live in MA in the USA and I'm noticing a few things. First, there was this TV Ad Campaign a while back, I believe it was an Anti-Smoking Ad for children. This was shown on TV for months.

It had stick figures and childish animation of a boy and girl in a playground. The boy took out a cigarette and the girl looked sad. Then a UFO came to the playground and took the little girl away from the playground, and then there were hearts above their heads as they flew away from the boy.

I'm noticing that there's a lot more "UFO Stories" on AOL News, Google, etc right on the front page. Also I think it was last week, one of the Tonight Shows had a special on Aliens and UFOs, I think it was Letterman.

Whatever it is, it seems as if we're getting prepped for something.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join