It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my 7 year old daughter being prepped for disclosure by her school?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Yeah, I agree. If she's over it. I'd still want to call the teacher and ask her about it, no need to tell the child.

I'd want to be pro-active, b/c I think this teacher needs her head examined.

There's already enough stuff kids have to fear. Why add to it?

Did you see my edit? The second picture looks like it has noxious rays or gas or radiation coming off of it, and it's closed (unknown) and not depicted with the friendly cartoon alien. Thus it was designed to cause fear.

I'd want to look through this workbook and see what else is in there.

My daughter was made to watch the movie 'Witches' when she was in second grade and it severely traumatized her. She was afraid her aunt was a witch and had no toes, so she was secretly hiding shoes under her bed (??) until my wife talked her down about it later when she found out. She also talked to the teacher who appeared clueless and declared my precocious and sensitive daughter (who got straight As) was 'backward' and wanted to segregate (read: punish) her.

We stopped that in the bud.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
I would rather wait and see how the situation develops before i rush in hastily and make myself look foolish.

Definitely a good idea. You can also observe a lot more about what is going on by talking to your daughter and not the teacher or her superiors. I would be interested they're going to teach her after the summer vacation, and maybe then confront the teacher when you have more to go on.

Chances are that a concerned parent confronting the teacher will cause this stuff to be pulled from the curriculum, whether this is the teacher's own material or not.

What baffles me though, is that if this is official curriculum, how do the teaching authorities expect to feed this stuff to kids without their parents noticing it?

Lastly, why not do some detective work on the internet? If you can get this teacher's first and second name you could probably check out her history just doing some basic googling. If that doesn't turn anything up, you can use some different directories to find information about people. Which is all legal and above board, private investigators use these.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

That's your opinion and unless you're a psychologist and you're in full possession of the facts, it is my opinion that you are over reacting and embracing ignorance about this teacher's motives.

The second picture looks like it has noxious rays or gas or radiation coming off of it, and it's closed (unknown) and not depicted with the friendly cartoon alien. Thus it was designed to cause fear.

Again, that's purely your opinion, which I completely disagree with.

I don't see anything at all fearful about that picture. The rays could be golden rays of light, or warmth.

Teachers have enough to worry about without the extra BS baggage that parents place on them about trivial details - that's a fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
If this story is true, then you should ABSOLUTELY talk with the teacher. I doubt this story though, because that's what any rational parent would have done in the first place before posting it here. Nice try though.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

And, you, my friend, have a pie-in-the-sky viewpoint.

Aliens are NOT likely to be 'good' for us.

You have no idea what aliens may or may not be like, Badge01.

I can see who's pie really flies in the sky.

How about this .. There are no Aliens.
As been stated before over thousand times .. there is no proof that aliens exists in our solar system. And there is no proof that aliens have visited earth.. It's all mumbo jumbo untill your so called FACTS are on the table.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
This is very interesting OP and thank you for sharing this with us.

This reminds me of Atom bomb drills in schools before decades although they might have not presented that theme in the fashion a UFO contact is displayed here.

What we are really trained to expect is attacks from terrorist groups. This is the norm currently.
Exposing the themes of UFOs or aliens in our modern culture to minors in a context of close encounters and from official and trusted sources as schools are (supposedly) in a way that might serve the means of some for gauging reactions from people probably gathering sufficient information for the future generation possibly as a mean for public opinion steering and even efficient methods of development for crowd control, is an evidence that someone might want to make the theme of the UFOs a mainstream issue in the future.

I don't know if we should be worried but, given the modern norm we are used to live like waiting the next major terrorist group attack, nothing would surprise me if aliens will be a comfortable substitution of terrorist groups that cannot coordinate well neither are very effective, all that as the time passes and supposed terrorist attacks like the magnitude we are "conditioned" to expect never actually happen..

Another thought is if the general theme about aliens can be used from another nation to stage an actual attack on foreign soil.

I wish to add something more.

Are we developed enough as a society for possessing the means of steering away any major misunderstandings that might occur in the future about alien life and its expected behavior towards us?
Thats is a big fat NO.
We don't really know if they are out there, we don't care as a civilization really, everything we need is right here in our world, working in perfect order, or so we think. It will take a big amount of time for us to actually start looking out there for answers or even questions. Therefore we are totally unprepared if the powers that be or will be, will decide to use the alien enigma as a staged future horror show.

We better be quick in developing some social "antidotes" in case such a future "disease" arrives.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

Mclaren, as far as i'm aware, all Scottish Primary Schools have the same curriculum and all use the same worksheets, maybe you could still ask some of your friends who have kids that age.

My nephew is 12 and going into Secondary this year, I don't know if he'd remember that far back but i'll show him the sheets anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
How about this .. There are no Aliens... It's all mumbo jumbo untill your so called FACTS are on the table.

There's probably more appropriate forums and threads for you to troll around in. Personally, I don't know why you bother visiting these forums, with that sort of an attitude. You called a hoax on this thread without trying to explain yourself in the same post and before scobro posted the scans of the worksheets.

In your extremely limited time on this planet, with your extremely limited life experiences, you may not have encountered aliens. Other people have and they KNOW that they do exist.

So, thanks for sharing your opinion, but please recognise it as only being your opinion and it is very very far from being a proven fact.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

Well I was totally floored this afternoon. After reading all this stuff about UFO and Aliens in school books I go to teach English today at my school in Narashino Japan. What was the "book" about? UFO's AND.. Aliens. I couldn't stop laughing thru the entire class. It asked what you would do if one landed in your back yard and showed children hiding and then aliens coming out and introducing themselves and it showed how scared the children were. I have GOT to get some photos of this but I'm in Japan with no scanner so I'll see what I can do. WAit till you guys see this. This is gonna take the cake for UFO and Alien childrens english books.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Nice and interesting thread, i hope we never get to old to understand
the way schools learns children... Or, i hope we never get to smart to
understand whats going on, the sad thing is we send our children to
school an trust those people to learn things that could help the kids in
the future...
At last i hope all the parents are good enuf to cover for their kids when
they find them been tampered with...

maybe we are looking at something like this in the future?
ABC

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Hi,had a talk with my 7 year old about alien's and her teacher has given the children in her class a lesson in how to be a GUIDE for a alien,in the form of teaching them how we live etc,now this form of teaching seems strange to me as we all have to be PC correct and not scare children,for example them having nightmares because of this idea implanted into there mind,it seems why out there when the powers at be try to keep us all not in the know.
I have asked the children myself before what they would do if this occured how they would feel etc,so any way to enlighten them maybe a good idea,i still feel a little uneasy with them bringing the issue up tho,as i said seem's a little strange to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

How about this .. There are no Aliens... It's all mumbo jumbo untill your so called FACTS are on the table.

There's probably more appropriate forums and threads for you to troll around in. Personally, I don't know why you bother visiting these forums, with that sort of an attitude. You called a hoax on this thread without trying to explain yourself in the same post and before scobro posted the scans of the worksheets.

In your extremely limited time on this planet, with your extremely limited life experiences, you may not have encountered aliens. Other people have and they KNOW that they do exist.

So, thanks for sharing your opinion, but please recognise it as only being your opinion and it is very very far from being a proven fact.

You're absolutely right to suggest that there are probably more appropriate forums for someone with those opinions to visit than ATS - but at the same time, what we run into here is perhaps the most often argued point on these boards. With whom does the burden of proof lie - the person who claims there are aliens and they have visited earth, or the person who disputes the veracity of those claims.

While you're right to say that other people say they have encountered aliens and know they exist, your opponent is also right to point out that there is very little evidence to support their claims in the public domain. Certainly there is no solid proof.

This is a conspiracy theory site. While I don't understand the apparent anger in people who visit ATS and find people posting ideas about ETs - which seems to me a bit like visiting an electronics store and complaining about the presence of TVs - the fact is that theories are only theories if they can be tested. We need the skeptics here to add balance to the claims. In this instance, the OP has posted a theory which a lot of people think is nonsense. By letting them have their say we continue the process of sifting through the ideas posted on these boards by hundreds of people - to deny ignorance and hopefully to find those pricesless theories that one day we can prove to be correct...

LW

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

I'm really glad you started this thread - it's interesting

and since it turns out those worksheets are pretty common - and not specific to your school or her class - it seems less questionable

but I agree - it is a really interesting choice regardless - I would've wondered the exact same thing

the really great thing about all this is I like the fact that your daughter can talk to you about it and you didn't just dismiss it for her - as being nonsense

I had a dad just like that - who always let me think my own way through things and come to my own conclusions - and I could talk to him about anything - anything

it's good to see

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I seen 2 teachers in my lifetime lose their jobs because they were teaching too much stuff outside their scripted curriculum.. alot of teachers have their own personal ways of connecting with their students but for them to talk about UFO's and things like that, seems a tad bit of a mature subject for kids in elementry school... i'd be talkin to that principle right away saying what are you teaching my kid... you want the kids to grow up smart and focused, not with fear in their mind...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Yeah, my Dad was a bit dismissive of some subjects that were what you might call,"mysterious".
However my Mum seemed to be more open to these ideas,and often would buy books for me relating to these subjects.

I must have gotten my open mindedness from my Mum.

Cheers Mum

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well put!

Interesting post Scobro, I'll ask my daughter if she remembers anything like that from her school days...Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's your opinion and unless you're a psychologist and you're in full possession of the facts, it is my opinion that you are over reacting and embracing ignorance about this teacher's motives.

The teacher's motives are not important. What is important is my child potentially being made fearful by the actions. No one can know a person's motives, and few people know their own motives that well.

Originally posted by Badge01The second picture looks like it has noxious rays or gas or radiation coming off of it, and it's closed (unknown) and not depicted with the friendly cartoon alien. Thus it was designed to cause fear.

Again, that's purely your opinion, which I completely disagree with.

I don't see anything at all fearful about that picture. The rays could be golden rays of light, or warmth.

Ask a child to draw golden rays of light and they'll typically make straight lines, though some may draw curvy lines.

Ask them to draw waves of odor or noxious fumes or harmful radiation or heat (infra-red) and they'll likely draw curvy waves, like the kind animators use to depict reeking fumes coming off the tail of Pepe le Peu.

www.cartoonstock.com...

Are you being contrary or can you really not see why the child felt fear looking at that image? I doubt they'd have expressed fear if the first image of a cartoon happy alien was placed in the ship.

And, of course these are my opinions, silly. I never would have anyone believe differently. Do you frequently post comments that are not your opinions?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Scobro,
I have to applaud you for being a great parent.
I think your child is lucky that you have such an open mind and want them to have the opportunity to explore all options, in a supportive environment.
You don't see that much these days.
I am glad that your child feels comfortable enough to discuss these things with you, that trusting communication avenue is so very important throughout life.
Kudos to you, and thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

hi- i am a student in a school in state college, pa, and my teacher lives next door to my grandfather. when summer started, i went over there, and the teacher had built some kind of a dish, not to big, but he wouldnt let me take a picture of it. Even when i was looking through the window, he looked up at me, and pointed to the sky. So i decided to look into this a bit more. I finally got him to tell me what the dish was, and he said that it was for our (new visitors) to come by...... i dont know if these two things have anything in common, but im willing to help.

Also, i am in Northern California with my dad, and if anybody wants me to investigate any paranormal bases, or anything, email me at [email protected]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
kids wanna know about aliens, due to the ones they see on TV, in cartoons and in movies. like E.T. and Spaced invaders. However i find this very amusing, as to a teacher pushing UFOs and Aliens on students. School is where facts should be taught. I'm sorry if someone of you think you have die hard proof.. you obviously don't. Until that day comes, these kids should be shown fun and interesting concepts. God have mercy if my kids every knew about half the stuff written on here. id be paying for psycho-therapy for the rest of my life.

I used to sneak Communion and Abduction books into class to read. Those books haunted me for years. Until i was old enough to live past the fears of something that has no fact to it, and can be explained with normal human paranoia.

in the end, this is not disclosure, but some Teacher stepping over the bounds of true science for a hint at the fantastical and imaginative. Teach it as a way to open their imaginations, don't use it to bear false profits. We need smarter kids, not ones believing in adults fearful thoughts on Aliens which has no basis for a School class.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join