It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Call-For-Entries Contest!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
EDITED BECAUSE I'M A NIDGET!

LOL!

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
(you gotta send your submissions via U2U to amantine)

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
where and how do we submit?

in a u2u? is there a thread? what is it that we do to submit???
what if its more of an idea for a new forum on the discussion board? will there be a contest for this ever?

You submit by sending your proposal in a U2U to me.

This contest is not for new fora (or forums
, whatever plural you like more). If you have a good idea though, you can send it to anyone in DISC (eg. me, Kano, SkepticOverlord) and we'll post on DISC. If we like your idea enough, we might make a new forum.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
nice

question, please hit me with a pvc pipe if this is retarded...but what exactly is DISC?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat but what exactly is DISC?
The Deny Ignorance Steering Committee A group of members and staff that discuss how to improve the community, with an eye toward overall quality of content and member satisfaction.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
nice

is this basically just all of the moderators and such?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's actually mostly made up of members. Some new forums have been added as a result of DISC ideas. The points system is a result of the DISC work, as well as the thread-ranking system.

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
im planning on submitting a porposal for the call-for-entries contest. but before i do, there were some questions i was hoping to get answers to (so i dont sound like a complete moron later)

alright, if a new topic is added to the main page, it can be updated periodically by the writer, correct? revised from time to time? if not, ill have to do some serious editing on my proposal!

next question, if the idea sounds more like a thread idea, or maybe a sub thread (like the short story section under the collaborative fiction forum) would there be any discussion about this?? just wondering, because i do have an idea for a forum realted to my topic idea, should i include this or no?

and lastly, in our proposal, should we include a sample of what we would put on the page, or just descriptions?

thanks tons!

-madlove

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Any news? It's been 9 days since the closing date.

One other technical question, does it need to be a large post, or can I also submit a HTML file/URL?

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The results are in!

From all the entries, we have compiled a list of 8 people that will go on to the next round. All the entries were of high quality and it was quite difficult to choose which would go on to the next round.

The contest will go on like written in the first post of this thread. They will write their articles and the community will get to vote the final winner. The voting will happen to through the thread voting system. The 5 highest rated articles will be uploaded to the main site.

• Psionics by DeusEx
  • FALCON Program by Zion Mainframe
  • Mars race by OXmanK
  • The world's energy supply by dbate
  • Secret bases by TheAgentNineTeen
  • The sons of God and the Nephilim by Valhall
  • What are we and how do we exist? by TheBandit795
  • Petroleum companies by titian

These people will be contacted very soon with the information on how to upload their finished articles. After this U2U, they have two weeks to finish their article.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by amantine]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The finished articles will be uploaded to the Research forum. The members will be able to vote the article they like most. The winning article(s) will be converted to a nice HTML article and uploaded to the main site.

The deadline for the final articles is 14-4-2004, two weeks after 31-3-2004, when the winners of the first round recieved the U2Us.

The voting will continue one week after the deadline.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The contest deadline has changed to

24-4-2004

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm sorry that I have to announce that Valhall will not be finishing the contest. The contest will go on with the remaining 7 authors.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I had asked amantine to withdraw my name from this competition. He asked that I post something here. I just want to give a heads up that due to my research work, as well as other things going on on the real side of life, I might not come thru on this.

Don't hate me if I don't

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Don't hate me if I don't

It's completely understanable, don't worry about it.

You're personal life should always come first, no one would think anything less of this.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just going back to DISC, how exactly do you become a DISC member? Do you apply or are you nominated by another admin or what?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lyriox
Just going back to DISC, how exactly do you become a DISC member? Do you apply or are you nominated by another admin or what?

You get invited by one of the admins. I don't really know how they choose who to invite though.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You have to be invited into DISC. The best way to become a member of DISC is be a quality poster. If you bring a lot to ATS and your posts are always informational, high quality, and a pleasure to read, you will be more likely to become a member of DISC. There are not guarentees though. Do not ask to become a member of DISC. I am pretty sure you are less likely to become a member of DISC if you ask to become one.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
becoming apart of DISC in envolves the same thing as becoming a mod, don't ask, post good things,don't 'cause trouble and don't kiss ass *tried and doesn't work

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The finished articles will be submitted soon or have been submitted already. You, as a member, have a chance to vote what new content should be added to ATS.

You can vote on the articles by using the thread score system. Above each article there is a group of numbers; 1 is the lowest score, 10 the highest. Voting will end sunday, 2-5-2004. The winning articles will be edited into HTML articles and posted on the main site.

The articles can found in the Research forum:

I'm sorry and a bit disappointed to announce that Valhall, OXmanK and titian were not able to finish their articles.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join