It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com Call-For-Entries Contest!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret.com Call-For-Entries Contest

A new program has emerged from DISC (with special thanks to amantine for starting the concept) that offers all members the opportunity to contribute permanent content to the main ATS website.

We will run a contest, accepting submissions for new articles to appear on the main AboveTopSecret.com website. Here's how we'll do it...

1) Any member interested in participating should create a brief proposal (no more than 300 words) clearly stating your desired topic, how you expect to research your topic, and what conclusions you expect to draw within your article. Submit your proposals to amantine via U2U. You have one week from the posting of this announcement to submit your proposals.

2) Members of DISC and myself will review all submissions and pick the top 10 ideas that show the best combination of creativity, connection to current events, and interesting topic not already covered on AboveTopSecret.com. We will take three days to review all submissions, finalists will be notified on the fourth day.

3) The 10 finalists will then work on their submissions. After being notified you're a finalist, you'll have two weeks to submit your finished article. Your work must be your own writing, based on your own research, and include a bibliography of online and offline source material.

4) The finished 10 articles will be posted for members to review. Members will vote for each article using the thread scoring system. Assuming I like all the winners, top 5 thread scores will be upgraded to the AboveTopSecret.com main website. (It is my site afterall, so I reserve the right to veto any winning entry if I feel it ended up not being appropriate for the main site, if this happens, the author will still receive the prizes listed below.)

Prizes for winners:

All 5 winners will receive an @abovetopsecret.com e-mail account.

The writer of the top thread will also receive a personal upload space on ATS with increased individual file size restrictions, a total storage limit of 5mb, no file renaming, and no remote image linking restrictions.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A suggestion for the prize list, why not 5000 ATS points?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Deadline for proposal entries is MARCH 17th, at 15:00 GMT. (10AM EST). [Edited on 10-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Feb 17th deadline? Egads! Where the hell is Titus when you need him...

*EDIT- Must have read it wrong... tired eyes or something... March 17, gotcha!

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hes drunk, he means March 17th.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Deadline for proposal entries is February 17th, at 15:00 GMT. (10AM EST).

Do we need a time machine to enter the contest?

Shouldn't it be March 17th?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Hes drunk, he means March 17th.

No my names drunk!?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Deadline for proposal entries is MARCH 17th, at 15:00 GMT. (10AM EST).

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

February??? Don't you mean March?

Where you listening to the dudes story Skeptic? Where you listening to the dudes story? Then you have no frame of reference here Skeptic.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Perhaps I am a bit slow this morning, but I don't think I get it. What is it a research project, an idea for a new thread...section???

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna Perhaps I am a bit slow this morning, but I don't think I get it.
Have a look at the content on the main website (you do know the board is attached to a big website?
), www.abovetopsecret.com... Think about how you might like to contribute some new material to the main site's sections, or even create a new section for your topic. Write a short proposal about what you would like to write. Based on the strength of your proposal, we will pick 10 finalists to actually write an article for the main site. Those 10 final articles will first be posted here on the board, and members will have one week to help rank each article. The top 5 (assuming they pass Simon's critical eye) are moved to the main website. (plus prizes mentioned)

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Have a look at the content on the main website (you do know the board is attached to a big website?
), www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doh! Thanks, now it makes sense.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Count me in with the mildly confused.
Is this an article.. research project or thread topic?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
A researched article, like the ones on AboveTopSecret.com main site, we are updating the site a little.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: This is what I'm referring to:

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Kano]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
In general the contest idea sounds very well, definitely message board should be integrated with hosting site as a starting point for further discussion.
However I suppose that winning subject should eventually be �peer reviewed� and become a thread collecting ideas and enhancing content before entering main site.
The winning subjects should form a thesis for discussion or collaborative research. The winner should be able to edit / moderate that thread and decide how subject will be presented on the main site.
It may happen that someone will have good idea for topic but will not be able to provide good quality content. Other may just choose already posted threads or articles as a topic� There are a lot of great threads in history of ATS.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
where and how do we submit?

in a u2u? is there a thread? what is it that we do to submit???

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
oh and can we post more than one possible idea??

how long are entries allowed to be?

kick me in the face if this was already answered

-madlove

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KronosOther may just choose already posted threads or articles as a topic� There are a lot of great threads in history of ATS.
This too shall pass. Patience young Ingorance Denyer... patience.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
and yet ANOTHER question-

what if its more of an idea for a new forum on the discussion board? will there be a contest for this ever?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
what if its more of an idea for a new forum on the discussion board? will there be a contest for this ever?

A contest for members to suggest new forums will never take place. Such a contest does not test an individual's creative and intellectual abilities. The Call-For-Entries Contest is a great way for members to research and write their own articles, have them published on the main ATS site, and in return receive a nice reward!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Originally posted by Scat

A contest for members to suggest new forums will never take place. Such a contest does not test an individual's creative and intellectual abilities. The Call-For-Entries Contest is a great way for members to research and write their own articles, have them published on the main ATS site, and in return receive a nice reward!

gotcha- thanks for the clarification

-madlove

[Edited on 3-10-04 by Scat]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join