It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man views Star Wars fillm while having knee replacement surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Man views Star Wars fillm while having knee replacement surgery

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk

THE worst distraction most cinema-goers endure is usually the crunching of popcorn or sweet wrappers.
But businessman Colin Hope last week faced a much bigger obstacle to his enjoyment of Stars Wars III: Revenge of the Sith – which he watched to a background of drilling, sawing and hammering as he had both his knees replaced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I would love to watch Revenge of the Sith while having surgery. The doctors figured out that the film kept the man entertained and they will probably show the movie again to future patients.

www.yorkshirepost.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hope they don't turn him into a wacko thinking he's Darth Vader...

I mean I wonder whose idea the film was in the first place... kinda ironic... watching a movie in which someone gets his knees/legs replaced while getting your own knees replaced

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
This don't work for me..

ADD. I keep looking around and easily distracted. Other than that star wars sucks.. Except the 1st one.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
This don't work for me..

ADD. I keep looking around and easily distracted. Other than that star wars sucks.. Except the 1st one.

Nah, the second one (Empire Strikes Back, oh and the first half of Return of the Jedi...err...and the scene in the Emperor's Throne Room, when Vader pitches Palpatine over the precipice into the....reactor core?).

The asteroid field sequence in Empire Strikes Back was so well done, it was like an intricate dance of music, script and film. Very cool

[edit on 16-7-2008 by undo]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think it's ironic. if you seen episode 3 you see how darth vader burns, gets sent to the medical facility on coruscant and is revived by the medical droids. they replace his legs, up the knees, they also replace both his arms and give him an artificial lung and oxigen machinery to survive. So I think this works because the doctors feel that Star Wars portrays doctors as good people who know what they're doing and it's pretty cool to see darth vader being built while you, yourself are being built too.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
thats pretty cool.

more places should do this, maybe not for things I'd rather not be concious while happening like knee replacement, or hip transplants. but maybe if the doctor had like sunglasses the patients could wear that project movies of the patients choosing onto the lenses. that way you could watch movies while getting a root canal.

heck anything would be nice to distract me during a root canal.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

the dreaded root canal. nothing short of putting me to sleep would make the dreaded root canal sufferable.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I use to think that knee replacements meant cutting out the knees and replacing them with metal ones.
Not any more
There's a good video that explains the process at
mercymobility.org...
It's the one with Dr. Stephen Howell
pretty interesting

new topics

top topics

join