It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Motivation For Blocking Investigations Into Bush Lawbreaking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The Motivation For Blocking Investigations Into Bush Lawbreaking

www.commondreams.org

With regard to illegal Bush programs of torture and eavesdropping, key Congressional Democrats were contemporaneously briefed on what the administration was doing (albeit, in fairness, often in unspecific ways). The fact that they did nothing to stop that illegality, and often explicitly approved of it, obviously incentivizes them to block any investigations or judicial proceedings into those illegal programs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Well, there you have it! THIS is why the worthless, do nothing dem congress is continually aiding and abetting these criminals-THEY ARE GUILTY TOO! They were approving and signing off on torture AND illegal spying! So THAT's why they keep passing these "immunity" laws and amendments! They are ALL GUILTY OF CRIMES against this nation, as well as international law! Unreal! We are being ruled by a bunch of criminals covering each others backs!! This is so disgusting anymore I can't believe what I'm seeing...The corruption and lawlessness is beyond anything I have ever seen in the history of this nation.

Four members of Congress met in secret for a first look at a unique CIA program designed to wring vital information from reticent terrorism suspects in U.S. custody. For more than an hour, the bipartisan group, which included current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), was given a virtual tour of the CIA’s overseas detention sites and the harsh techniques interrogators had devised to try to make their prisoners talk.

Among the techniques described, said two officials present, was waterboarding, a practice that years later would be condemned as torture by Democrats and some Republicans on Capitol Hill. But on that day, no objections were raised. Instead, at least two lawmakers in the room asked the CIA to push harder, two U.S. officials said.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
You know the next time somebody says, "well congress voted on all these war crimes as well as this administration, so should we arrest them all as well?", my answer is HELL YES. These people are ALL GUILTY OF WAR CRIMES, and should be prosecuted. They ARE NOT above the law, even though they keep amending the laws and covering their tracks! They are responsible for untold suffering and deaths, and need to be held accountable!!

new topics

join