It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CPI(M) wants Govt. to snap military ties with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

CPI(M) wants Govt. to snap military ties with Israel

www.hindu.com

New Delhi (PTI): Appreciating the government for its "timely" reaction to the US reportedly asking Israel to prepare for an attack on Iran, the CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded that the UPA dispensation should immediately snap all military collaboration with Tel Aviv.

"The grave concern expressed by the Government about statement from Israel and the US threatening military action against Iran is timely...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Indian Government is taking this very seriously. Isn't it time for the rest of the world to step in and stop this USA led madness once and for all. Iran's leaders have stated publicly that they do not want a war with the US. But in typical fashion, when America wants a war - they will stop at nothing until they get their way. This will be the WMD circus all over again with Iranians being the unlucky prize winners this time.

www.hindu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15/7/08 by WatchNLearn]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Great thread WatchNLearn, thanks for the read. The source is rather interesting, (marxist party of India) but the message is clear nonetheless.

What I find puzzling is the continued US support for Israel, even when the 911 commission found that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's main motivation for attacking the US was due to our support for Israel.

911 Commission Report

Check page 147.

By his own account, KSM’s animus toward the United States stemmed not from his experiences there as a student, but rather from his violent disagreement with U.S. foreign policy favoring Israel.

Below is a youtube video of a hearing in which the FBI officers who were assigned to researching the case claimed Israel as a main motivation for the perpetrators of 911:

Of course...if the 911 commission actually released this to the public, there would be outrage for continued support of Israel.

Here are a few reasons why the US supports Israel:

1). The US needs a strategic military ally in the middle east.

2). There are many christian fundamentalists who believe they are fulfilling biblical prophecy by returning the Jewish people to Israel.

3). Votes: The Pro-Israel lobby AIPAC is a heavy donator to Washington politicians. If someone doesn't support AIPAC, they are labelled an anti-semite, effectively ending their political career.

4). Others I'm sure I've missed.

I authored a thread Middle East pop quiz stating facts about Israel that the mainstream media does not let the average American know.

Not only is Israel the only nuclear-armed country non-signatory of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty, they claim they don't have nukes. However, Prime Minister Olmert has slipped up and more or less stated that they do have nuclear weapons. Not to mention the scientist who leaked photos and information from the Dimona facility. Coincidentally he is now a prisoner in Israel for divulging state 'secrets'.

If they were false statements and doctored photos, he wouldn't be in jail, would he?

Israel also commits a daily genocide against its Palestinian neighbors. They invaded Palestine with the help of Britain and America, and continue to bulldoze homes at an alarming rate.

The Gaza strip was blockaded to weaken Hamas, but the end result is a starving people. Go figure victims of the holocaust would perpetrate a genocide soon after being freed from said tragedy!

I think this below says it all really, from the pop quiz thread mentioned above:

Which country in the region has in the past been led by men who at one time were terrorists with a price on their heads?

Israel. Former Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir once led the Stern Gang and ordered, among other things, the assassination of Count Folke Bernadotte, a Swedish diplomat working for the United Nations. Former Prime Minister Menachem Begin led the Irgun, a terrorist gang that among other things blew up one wing of the King David Hotel, killing nearly 100 people.

Shamir and the Stern gang

Kidnappings, beatings, murders, and hangings: attacks by the Irgun and Stern gang

Oh and one cannot forget Israel's history of assassinating political enemies:

Which country in the Middle East openly employs assassination against its political enemies?

Israel. There have been assassinations carried out by some of the Arab governments, but they usually don't own up to them. Israel has created a euphemism that the suck-up American press has readily adopted: "targeted killings." A British journalist told me once, "The Palestinians have a talent for picking bad leaders, and the Israelis have a talent for murdering their good ones."

From the pop quiz source.

The Israeli Government of Ariel Sharon is, like its predecessors, committed to the policy of assassinating individuals who it believes pose a threat to its citizens.

Israeli officials have at times boldly admitted that the policy exists and is being pursued vigorously.

"I can tell you unequivocally what the policy is," former deputy defence minister and current transport minister Ephraim Sneh said earlier this year.

"If anyone has committed or is planning to carry out terrorist attacks, he has to be hit. It is effective, precise, and just."

Israel's assassination policy

And I wonder how much the US is giving Israel to commit these travesties?

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

$135 BILLION over the course of Israel's lifetime. Can you wrap that number around your head? I can't, not very easily anyway.

US financial aid to Israel

Do Israelis expect to pay this money back to US? No, of course not. Israel gives economic incentives for Jewish people to move there. They give a loan to settlers, which if they settler stays for X amount of years (not sure on the exact number), the settler does not have to pay the loan back.

That's right, the US is directly funding people to move to already occupied land. Americans are funding the Israeli invasion of Palestine.

One cannot forget about the UN action against Israel:

On behalf of which country has the U.S. vetoed the largest number of U.N. Security Council resolutions?

Israel.

US vetoes of UN resolutions critical of Israel

US vetoes of UN on behalf of Israel

US veto to support Israeli crimes

We are supporting a rogue terrorist nation that perpetrates genocidal violence and hatred toward their semitic neighbors (Palestinians). The US is directly funding this regime.

Wake up Americans! The blood of innocents is on your hands! Criticizing Israel doesn't make you an anti-semite! Do not be afraid to speak the truth!

Israel Commits Daily Acts of Terrorism Against Palestinians

new topics

join