It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different point of view from you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know if this the right forum for my topic. So feel free to move it if you feel it needs to be moved.

I spend to much time thinking lately. I would say in the last year and a half or so. I don't know why this came about, I have never been one for writing. I hated English in school, and I never paid as much attention as I should have. ( that is why my grammar and punctuation is awful). So please excuse my bastardiseation of the written word.

That being the point of my topic. What I mean is I notice in this website that people are always so quick to demean and ridicule people who post their stories but have bad writing skills.
That somehow because they lack a good command of the written word, that they are far less credible... I dont see it that way, quite the opposite in fact. I mean in my case I truly do hate writing I have never had a passion for it, and I am sure the people who are in the same boat as me are much the same way.
So why is it that the people who are so inept at writing and obviously have had very little experience in doing so, even bother to open themselves up to the ridicule that is in ready supply from some of the less than tactful members in sites like this? If anything I would think that it would add credibility to someone who more than likely sees writing about anything, never mind deeply personal private incidents in their life's, as laborious and difficult.

I would love to see a compilation of the worst written post's, because I bet there would be a lot of similarities in them, regardless of who posted them

new topics

join